m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the Quadratec rear grab bars. The front ones will require me to remove the roof panels. Wasn't ready to do that at lunch time today so it will have to wait. Pretty easy quick install and looks useful. Does require a T25 and most of my Torx stuff had a T20 and a T27 but I did find a T25. One note for the back seats - the first instruction should be to sit in the Jeep. Minor but it took me a few seconds to orient myself to the instructions.

Q grab handle 1.JPG

Q grab handle 2.JPG

q grab handle 3.JPG
Got the front ones in today. Just needed to prop up the hard top panels to get the ratchet in. Nice to have assist handles on the sport bar.
9AF4DABE-55C5-4AE0-9D33-8119DC970378.jpeg

canyonrat

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2005 Jeep TJ RME
Good choices on the Ace parts. Be prepared that the front bumper will be a really tight fit for that winch.

OP
OP
Bbannongmu

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Bbannongmu

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Good choices on the Ace parts. Be prepared that the front bumper will be a really tight fit for that winch.
Good to know. The wait is killing me. At the 3 week mark. Said 3-4 weeks depending on demand.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bbannongmu

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Researching lifts. The requirements Iā€™m settling on are:

• 2.5ā€ -3ā€ lift height
  • Prefer 4 springs
  • I donā€™t mind the rake but leveling is ok
  • Adjustable control arms - full set is nice but open to options/compromise
  • Longer end links for Rubicon
  • Open to shocks or re-using stock shocks with extenders - I like the Factory Fox shocks
  • Front/rear track bars are nice to center the axle but a rear bracket to raise roll center with stock track bar might be ok
  • Room for 35ā€ or maybe 37ā€ tires - undecided. I like the factory rims but open to using spidertrax spacers or aftermarket wheels if needed to clear lift components
  • Prefer to Keep factory drive shafts and brake lines
  • Doesnā€™t interfere with aftermarket skid plates
  • Made in USA
This is a daily driver, weekend warrior and family travel vehicle to go to the beach and go camping and get to fun/cool places as well as a utility vehicle to run to the home improvement stores, run garbage to the landfill, etc . I occasionally tow 4 wheelers and potentially tow a flat fender/early Jeep.
Off road is an east coast mix of fire roads, mud, hills, rocks and tight trails at AOAA, Rausch Creek and George Washington National Forest/Thomas Jefferson National Forest as well as Jeep event obstacle courses and trail runs. Considering driving from PA to Yellowstone with the family next year so need some levels of highway behavior and some semblance of fuel mileage but letā€™s me off-road with some confidence and flex. Long post
open to ideas....

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.

• Prefer 4 springs
  • Open to shocks or re-using stock shocks with extenders - I like the Factory Fox shocks
  • Front/rear track bars are nice to center the axle but a rear bracket to raise roll center with stock track bar might be ok
  • Room for 35ā€ or maybe 37ā€ tires - undecided. I like the factory rims but open to using spidertrax spacers or aftermarket wheels if needed to clear lift components
  • Made in USA
This is a daily driver, weekend warrior and family travel vehicle to go to the beach and go camping and get to fun/cool places as well as a utility vehicle to run to the home improvement stores, run garbage to the landfill, etc . I occasionally tow 4 wheelers and potentially tow a flat fender/early Jeep.
Off road is an east coast mix of fire roads, mud, hills, rocks and tight trails at AOAA, Rausch Creek and George Washington National Forest/Thomas Jefferson National Forest as well as Jeep event obstacle courses and trail runs. Considering driving from PA to Yellowstone with the family next year so need some levels of highway behavior and some semblance of fuel mileage but letā€™s me off-road with some confidence and flex. Long post
open to ideas....
I have the RK Pro X Unlimited 3" lift. It`s an excellent high quality lift that eliminates the rear track bar. It rides and drives better than stock, eliminating the rear track bar and installing RK`s rear cradle has made the rear more stable and has improved the ride quality with the complete lift i feel i have more control everything just feels tighter and more planted.

I`m running 37" Milestar MT tires with DV8 883 rims with a -12 off set they complement the lift and add to the greater control and overall ride. MPG city is 14.9 Hwy is 17.7 this is with stock 4:10 gearing and a Tazer to adjust for the tires.

OP
OP
Bbannongmu

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I have the RK Pro X Unlimited 3" lift. It`s an excellent high quality lift that eliminates the rear track bar. It rides and drives better than stock, eliminating the rear track bar and installing RK`s rear cradle has made the rear more stable and has improved the ride quality with the complete lift i feel i have more control everything just feels tighter and more planted.

I`m running 37" Milestar MT tires with DV8 883 rims with a -12 off set they complement the lift and add to the greater control and overall ride. MPG city is 14.9 Hwy is 17.7 this is with stock 4:10 gearing and a Tazer to adjust for the tires.
Cool thanks. Looks cool. What do you do for bump stops? And shocks? Any issues with driveshafts hitting on droop?

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
Cool thanks. Looks cool. What do you do for bump stops? And shocks? Any issues with driveshafts hitting on droop?
Everything is supplied with the kit, i bought the kit with shocks and the shocks are very good. No issue with the driveshaft or brake lines. The pinion angle of the driveshafts is right where it should be. Everything is top quality and should last for many years.

OP
OP
Bbannongmu

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
waiting on parts. Enjoy this while you wait....

Sponsored

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant

• Prefer 4 springs
  • Made in USA
open to ideas....
ā€˜This would be my suggestion..

https://www.iconvehicledynamics.com...20-up-gladiator-25-stage-1-suspension-system/

Also a big plus on taking the fam to Yellowstone. My kids went there 25 years ago and are now asking that we take them back with their wives...

OP
OP
Bbannongmu

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Exact same here.

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm surprised you of all people would recommend this 2.5" lift. Looks like crap.

If you're recommending it because of its cheapness, then okay, but I would mention that.

No replacement front trackbar (much less an adjustable one).

No replacement rear trackbar (much less an adjustable one).

Not one replacement control arm (much less adjustable ones).

The RK lift comes with 8 fully-adjustable control arms; adjustable front trackbar; an awesome four-link system that completely replaces the rear trackbar and eliminates any binding back there; triple rate front coil springs; quad rate rear coil springs; etc. ā€¦

Drives and performs off-road like a dream. That one you linked looks like the big cheap mistake I made back in 2012 with my JKUR before I costly replaced it completely in a few weeks after the nightmare that ensued.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I'm surprised you of all people would recommend this 2.5" lift. Looks like crap.

If you're recommending it because of its cheapness, then okay, but I would mention that.

No replacement front trackbar (much less an adjustable one).

No replacement rear trackbar (much less an adjustable one).

Not one replacement control arm (much less adjustable ones).

The RK lift comes with 8 fully-adjustable control arms; adjustable front trackbar; an awesome four-link system that completely replaces the rear trackbar and eliminates any binding back there; triple rate front coil springs; quad rate rear coil springs; etc. ā€¦

Drives and performs off-road like a dream. That one you linked looks like the big cheap mistake I made back in 2012 with my JKUR before I costly replaced it completely in a few weeks after the nightmare that ensued.

Well, my friend, he didnā€™t say how much he wanted to spend...

I have the Icon set up on another truck and it is much better than stock and Iā€™ve taken it on trails that would surprise you (especially given its size).
I didnā€™t interpret his comments as wanting to make his rig a rock crawler or taking it on hard Offroad courses.
I guess if the OP can give us an idea of his budget we could offer him better suggestions.

BTW here is my F-350 with my Hallmark Camper on top of Hurricane Pass last June. The only other rigs up there were built Jeeps and Razrs...
17B09FC6-A469-4F9F-BBB4-A9FDA000202E.jpeg
Sponsored