m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
No doors + @Bestop Supertruck = STAGE COACH MODE!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bbannongmu

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
trying to steal my catalytic converter? Time for some new fender / wheel well liner

OP
OP
Bbannongmu

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Upgraded Centerforce clutch hydraulics

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)

Did centerforce give you any idea what they had updated in the slave and master cylinders? Also. - can you comment on the time and cost of the clutch upgrade? I think you mentioned you had your installer replace the clutch - curious if it was more tHan a single day to get it done. Thanks!

OP
OP
Bbannongmu

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Did centerforce give you any idea what they had updated in the slave and master cylinders? Also. - can you comment on the time and cost of the clutch upgrade? I think you mentioned you had your installer replace the clutch - curious if it was more tHan a single day to get it done. Thanks!
Centerforce didn’t mention specifics - just that it’s improved and while they didn’t say it, it seems like the hydraulics might be the culprit with the issues these Jeeps have seen. The clutch kit cost $1335 and the labor from Keystone 4x4 in Hamburg, PA was $600. The installer split it up over 2 days - tear down on day 1 and install and bleeding day 2. Total time was about 6 hours. Good luck !

Sponsored

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
Great videos of the clutch upgrade… would love to see that hill test with the JT in reverse, 2Hi … I have never been so frustrated by a clutch - I think I’ve stalled the JT more in the last 3 years than the total stalls of all MT vehicles I’ve driven over the last 45+ years, reverse being the most frustrating. I had to use 4Lo in reverse up my driveway with a trailer On a slope less than your hill test.

OP
OP
Bbannongmu

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Great videos of the clutch upgrade… would love to see that hill test with the JT in reverse, 2Hi … I have never been so frustrated by a clutch - I think I’ve stalled the JT more in the last 3 years than the total stalls of all MT vehicles I’ve driven over the last 45+ years, reverse being the most frustrating. I had to use 4Lo in reverse up my driveway with a trailer On a slope less than your hill test.
I hear ya. I stalled my JT when I test drive it and often when moving a trailer/backing a trailer when it was stock. I don’t think I’ve stalled it ever with the Centerforce clutch. The heavier flywheel and grippier surface make it do I can take off on flat surfaces with little to no throttle.

CJXJJT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
51 CJ3A, 71 CJ5, 72 CJ6, 93 XJ, 21 JT
Occupation
Machinist
Exactly the same issue with my JT manual transmission. I installed the AWE trail exhaust, that helped quite a bit as now I can hear that 1000 and less rpm range better. I think the Centerforce clutch and flywheel are in the future.

OP
OP
Bbannongmu

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Got my Centerforce hydraulics installed. Only drive 5 miles or so. Feels slightly springier and a little more positive engagement/disengagement (the clutch and flywheel took away most of the stock clutch vagueness - this took away the rest). Can really tell in reverse and at the release point in 1st from a stop. No real difference in the rest of the gears so far.

OP
OP
Bbannongmu

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly the same issue with my JT manual transmission. I installed the AWE trail exhaust, that helped quite a bit as now I can hear that 1000 and less rpm range better. I think the Centerforce clutch and flywheel are in the future.
Highly recommend the Centerforce clutch. This and proper gearing have made JTRSPARTACUS an entirely different beast !

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bbannongmu

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Got my Centerforce hydraulics installed. Only drive 5 miles or so. Feels slightly springier and a little more positive engagement/disengagement (the clutch and flywheel took away most of the stock clutch vagueness - this took away the rest). Can really tell in reverse and at the release point in 1st from a stop. No real difference in the rest of the gears so far.
Quick video and pics of the stock stuff in the trash. Install took a shop about an hour. Bleeding the clutch was a PIA but he got it done.

31788104-BC13-4794-A3D2-00D17227B7CF.jpeg

E35A2E08-2F61-46B7-BF3C-618DE82A0097.jpeg

16BD7C07-F021-4D77-A52B-3AE24272B887.jpeg

OP
OP
Bbannongmu

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Bbannongmu

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
How is Rusty’s lift kit working out?
Great. Can’t beat the value. I can drive 85mph with a smooth, straight track and off road with good flex and comfort. Just got back from AnthraciteOutdoor Adventure Area off roading. As usual it performed well. I drove 5,600 miles this summer to Yellowstone and had zero issues.
Jeep Gladiator JTR Spartacus Build Journal 29C0258E-C82B-418C-9DE0-164F2F66BEE7
Sponsored