Sponsored

July pre-order for EPIC Kraken Tire Inflation System for Jeep Wrangler & Gladiator (JL/JT) is live!

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link

Trailman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I’m on the order too! Meant to post it here but also made sure I got it in :)

Question for anyone who has experience with this housing style. If you want to add additional components (like a single line to fill other peoples tires or run tools), is there anywhere to buy pieces short of paying Epic another $50 for a house and end piece?

is the male piece that inserts in to the compressor housing standard?

I’m having a hard time figuring out how this system relates to my home pancake compressor, etc.

OP
OP
Jefe1018

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link

Question for anyone who has experience with this housing style. If you want to add additional components (like a single line to fill other peoples tires or run tools), is there anywhere to buy pieces short of paying Epic another $50 for a house and end piece?

I’m having a hard time figuring out how this system relates to my home pancake compressor, etc.
Sweet mine showed up on Tuesday and I got it installed today. Totally awesome!

It’s push to connect style airlines. You’ll need to get some 3/8 hose from Amazon with a push to connect to whatever thread pitch you have for your chuck.

Something like this combination:

https://a.co/d/fKUlzQg
https://a.co/d/7c0gufM
https://a.co/d/fjilPOF

I also ordered the night it dropped!
You get yours in yet? This might end up being my fav mod so far.

UsuallyLost

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR MT
Mine came yesterday and the install was done within an hour and a half after the fedex truck pulled away. Surprisingly easy install. I picked up some extra 3/8” push to connect fittings and will be able to air up MTB tires at the trailhead, air up other truck’s tires, etc with this system in addition to my own tires. Pretty slick system. Airs up fast. One of the few products I’m more excited about after install/use than when I ordered it.

Sponsored

Trailman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
You guys are ahead of me. Mine is mostly assembled on my kitchen table but not in the jeep yet. I kept getting hung up on little things. Nothing hard just like, realized after crimping and heating the wire ends that I wanted to clean it up with electrical tape… and didn’t have any. Stopped and waited a day to get some, etc.

But in general yeah pretty simple. Will be in soon.

OP
OP
Jefe1018

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Mine came yesterday and the install was done within an hour and a half after the fedex truck pulled away. Surprisingly easy install. I picked up some extra 3/8” push to connect fittings and will be able to air up MTB tires at the trailhead, air up other truck’s tires, etc with this system in addition to my own tires. Pretty slick system. Airs up fast. One of the few products I’m more excited about after install/use than when I ordered it.
Yeah it was surprisingly easy to get up and going. Very well thought out and it doesn’t hurt that the jeep engineers tend to be on our side a lot of the time.

UsuallyLost

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR MT
The only part of the instructions that I didn’t follow was where to bring the harness into the cab. There is a drain plug under the passenger seat almost exactly where the plug for the compressor sits. I ran it there instead of under the carpet and floor mat.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
318$$$$ hard pass

Trailman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
The only part of the instructions that I didn’t follow was where to bring the harness into the cab. There is a drain plug under the passenger seat almost exactly where the plug for the compressor sits. I ran it there instead of under the carpet and floor mat.
that’s actually where they instruct now, they updated to that location especially for people with Mopar slush mats.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jefe1018

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
that’s actually where they instruct now, they updated to that location especially for people with Mopar slush mats.
Lol guess I should have gotten the updated instructions I did mine the old fashion way.

Did you cut your rear mat?

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
318$$$$ hard pass
That's not exactly a terrible price given what a bag like that and an underseat bracket cost. I mean with the price of most overlanding(tm) gear I was expecting closer to $399 or more.

I still went the DIY route but I'd argue this is more reasonable than some of the other options out there. I remember one that floated around here that was like $150 for just a hose assembly and this system has much better connectors.

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4

OK some of what you said I understand and some of it I’m not gonna try and understand. The system is designed to be used with a twin ARB compressor. If you go to their website or look it up on YouTube you’ll see their install video. It’s extremely detailed. It’s not difficult. Here are a couple items I purchased on Amazon to complement my system. You can plug a single air line into the female receptacle. All of the connection points are push poll QD connections.

The reason the kit is meant for the twin ARB compressor is that it’s 100% duty cycle meaning there’s no cooldown. You run it until you’re done and it moves something over 6 cubic feet per minute.

When I bought my ARB, I gave my unused via air compressor to a buddy of mine. It’s not a 100% duty cycle but it has fairly decent volume. If I can remember what model it is I’ll edit this post an additional picture and some stats for it. He purchased Airlines, clamp on locking chucks, and push poll fittings shown in the photos below and made his own air system for his JL.

050E99CE-5020-4C83-A384-FC057A67046F.png

2ED11358-5410-48DF-BC2E-18B8C106EE59.png

7B9F555A-4575-4F0E-88A4-20594D62FE77.png

36AF5EE8-03AC-4DD1-A5A1-39391E21DB20.png

D6CF9B64-7AB9-4BA1-881B-D2AF000EEA55.png
Sponsored