Sponsored

Just ordered a 2022 gladiator diesel. Did I do OK?

antwon412

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ, JT Mojave
Lol, that’s been debated here. But I got the Mopar lift through them, it was like $2,000 installed.

They are also competitive with wheels and tires as well, as a bonus if you buy through them they will give you a $500 credit to keep your oem take offs.
I’ll eavesdrop here - that’s great to know. I was planning on getting 35s mounted as Soon as I left the dealership.

I will have to try and work with him to see if they can have done for me before I fly out.

Any particular brands the use, or anything I should know?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Daniel_Pantoja

Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Electrician
I’ll eavesdrop here - that’s great to know. I was planning on getting 35s mounted as Soon as I left the dealership.

I will have to try and work with him to see if they can have done for me before I fly out.

From what I understand, you can do 35's on a Rubicon with no lift.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link

Did the accessories guy email you after you placed your order? I got an email a few days after it was confirmed from James.

The only restriction I found was with the Milestar Patagonia MT not being sold by them. It was something about a single store in the area owning the rights to them from what I recall.

I went with a Warn wheel and a General Grabber ATX tire.

Their tires are more expensive than say discount tire, but they include the mopar road hazard warranty which when added to the tire at discount, the price is just about dead even.

trailless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
Honestly that's not a bad deal at all, especially in this market.

I ordered a 2021 in July and this was my sheet and sales order. I also got $1500 in rebates at the time of delivery.

Jeep Gladiator Just ordered a 2022 gladiator diesel. Did I do OK? 1

Jeep Gladiator Just ordered a 2022 gladiator diesel. Did I do OK? 2

3.jpg

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeeez! Alright, I'm sold. I hope they can hook me up as well. Nampa isn't far from me.
I also hear lift kits need to be installed by the dealer to maintain warranty. Maybe I'll leave it with them to knock out the lift.
I may lift mine. But frankly I wouldn't lift it until I drove it stock. Then if there are any issues, such as steering, you aren't fighting with the local dealer about the warranty repair.

Drive it first.

Sponsored

Pescatoral Pursuit

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 F-150, ‘15 CTS, ‘21 JT Urban Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Plumba
Plan on a suspension lift for the diesel.

There's only about 2" of up travel on the factory and it bottoms out on a dime laying flat in the road. Wash boards are impossible over 5mph.

OP
OP

Daniel_Pantoja

Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrician
I may lift mine. But frankly I wouldn't lift it until I drove it stock. Then if there are any issues, such as steering, you aren't fighting with the local dealer about the warranty repair.

Drive it first.
You make a great point. I'll take that advice.

OP
OP

Daniel_Pantoja

Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrician
Plan on a suspension lift for the diesel.

There's only about 2" of up travel on the factory and it bottoms out on a dime laying flat in the road. Wash boards are impossible over 5mph.
Any recommendations on lift height or specific lift to purchase?

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It depends what your goals are.

In my case, I will primarily use mine in heavy snow and trails in New Hampshire.
Realistically, my jeep will meet my NEEDS as-is. Totally stock.

I just thing that the huge wheel wells of the Gladiator in Mojave and Rubicon trim look better with a bit more tire.

So my first purchase is going to be Nokian snow tires to go on the stock wheels in 315/70-17. So roughly 35s. When spring comes I'll probably buy a set of wheels and tires for summer use.

But frankly, I'm trying to balance looks with on-road performance with off road performance. I dont' want to lose much on-road comfort. So that is what sets the limits for me.

If I was a hard core off roader who only drove this around town on weekends or for vacation, I could indulge my WANTS more.

Pescatoral Pursuit

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 F-150, ‘15 CTS, ‘21 JT Urban Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Plumba
For tires or to fix the bottoming out problem?
Tires is subjective, and I don't know at what point the bottoming out problem is solved. My intention is to put a 2-in Mopar lift but that may change after more research. It would be a good topic to post separately.

I'll say this, I put 37s under it, but may have been better off with 35s being more compatible with the factory gear ratio and brakes.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Daniel_Pantoja

Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrician
I ju
You bet. Here’s full build sheet from my order. I think tread lightly isn’t a thing for the 2022’s, at least at the time being, but it’ll give you an idea of what to expect.

The other popular dealer out there is Gupton, but all the way in Tenesse It is quite a ways for us west coasters. If you snoop around this site You should find their thread.

Jeep Gladiator Just ordered a 2022 gladiator diesel. Did I do OK? 3
Just spoke with your guy. He's working on 2 quotes. One for financed and one for cash. I failed to mention I was paying cash which sounds like there isn't as much incentive when purchasing Vs financing. He said if I finance, it'll knock off a solid $2500. I'm only worried about early payoff fees so I'll look into it more.
Thanks again for the reference.

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
I ju
Just spoke with your guy. He's working on 2 quotes. One for financed and one for cash. I failed to mention I was paying cash which sounds like there isn't as much incentive when purchasing Vs financing. He said if I finance, it'll knock off a solid $2500. I'm only worried about early payoff fees so I'll look into it more.
Thanks again for the reference.
If it’s anything like Gupton, they’ll ask you keep the financing for 8 months. If that’s the case…buy it and finance it. Turn around and pay it down to $1000 and make 8 payments of like $125. You’ll pay a couple bucks in interest but save a ton. I doubt they can get mad if you make 8 payments lol. I can speak positively of Kent as well. We ended up using Gupton in Tennessee because we thought drive sounded more fun from Tennessee to Colorado than Idaho to Colorado and we’ve done that before anyways.

OP
OP

Daniel_Pantoja

Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrician
I'm just regurgitating, but I think someone had mentioned that you have
If it’s anything like Gupton, they’ll ask you keep the financing for 8 months. If that’s the case…buy it and finance it. Turn around and pay it down to $1000 and make 8 payments of like $125. You’ll pay a couple bucks in interest but save a ton. I doubt they can get mad if you make 8 payments lol. I can speak positively of Kent as well. We ended up using Gupton in Tennessee because we thought drive sounded more fun from Tennessee to Colorado than Idaho to Colorado and we’ve done that before anyways.
I'm regurgitating, but it had been mentioned I'd have to finance at least 50 percent of the purchase price. I'll do the math on it and see which makes more sense. I always pay cash for vehicles, so financing isn't in my wheelhouse.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
I'm just regurgitating, but I think someone had mentioned that you have
I'm regurgitating, but it had been mentioned I'd have to finance at least 50 percent of the purchase price. I'll do the math on it and see which makes more sense. I always pay cash for vehicles, so financing isn't in my wheelhouse.
Peterson will ask you keep it open somewhere between 4-6 months depending on the lender you go through. Most don’t have prepayment penalties, so you’d have to discuss that with the finance office. Even if you pay out over $1,000 of interest over that period, you will have still saved quite a bit.

Hope it works out for you sir!

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
Mopar 2” lift solves bottoming out.

Finance it to get the better deal, then pay it off.
There are usually no pre-pay penalties. The paperwork will have that in writing.

They can discount a vehicle more if you finance because the financing bank will pay the dealer a percentage of the loan or at least a flat fee.
Sponsored