First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Jeep Gladiator Sport S - Granite Crystal Metallic Clear–Coat Exterior Paint, 8 Speed automatic.

MSRP: $48,455
Dealer Discount: -$3,720
Midwest BC Bonus Cash MWCNA: -$750
Total Savings: + Rebate: $4,470
Final Price: $43,975 (~ 9.2% under MSRP)

Government Fee: $279
Dealer Fee: $449
WI Taxes: $2,552.57

OTD: $47,255.57

Packages:
- LED Headlamp/Fog Group
- Cold Weather Group
- Popular Equipment (3 piece hard top***)

So excited, but so nervous at the same time. Have never bough a new vehicle, and I know times are crazy in the auto world but I had to pull the trigger with my 14 year old WK needing $4k worth of maintenance/repairs AND the fast rising interest rates.

Hopefully we won't have a huge recession and these things come down by $10k.

Thinking of putting anywhere from $10-15k down with 60 month financing @ 4.2%.
Sponsored

Attachments

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Congratulations!

especially since you haven’t had a new vehicle in a long time I would highly suggest driving it stock for a while before you make any changes. If nothing else it will give you a good understanding of how capable the truck really is in it’s completely stock set up, and help guide whatever upgrades you’re looking to do.

Sponsored

badger719

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Congratulations!

especially since you haven’t had a new vehicle in a long time I would highly suggest driving it stock for a while before you make any changes. If nothing else it will give you a good understanding of how capable the truck really is in it’s completely stock set up, and help guide whatever upgrades you’re looking to do.
this. can't tell you how many people immediately slap on 37s and large tires and then hate how it drives. I took my base Sport wheeling a few times last fall in the weeks after I got it. After that I knew I would be happy with skinny 35s and wait on a lift.

Also, should've gotten Max Tow. The lower rear end gearing is nice if you ever go up in tire size (but the regular 3.73 will be fine with 35s, imo).

drewcnit

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S, Bright White
Occupation
IT Geek and Data Nerd
Excellent choice and welcome to the cult, we serve the special Kool-aid on the weekends. 🤣

In all seriousness though, if you're anything like most of us, you'll love your decision even though it will leave you with emptier pockets.

Echo 6

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Project Manager
Congrats and welcome!

willhonkforparts

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD & 2008 JKUR
Occupation
Self-loathing
Jeep Gladiator Sport S - Granite Crystal Metallic Clear–Coat Exterior Paint, 8 Speed automatic.

MSRP: $48,455
Dealer Discount: -$3,720
Midwest BC Bonus Cash MWCNA: -$750
Total Savings: + Rebate: $4,470
Final Price: $43,975 (~ 9.2% under MSRP)

Government Fee: $279
Dealer Fee: $449
WI Taxes: $2,552.57

OTD: $47,255.57

Packages:
- LED Headlamp/Fog Group
- Cold Weather Group
- Popular Equipment (3 piece hard top***)

So excited, but so nervous at the same time. Have never bough a new vehicle, and I know times are crazy in the auto world but I had to pull the trigger with my 14 year old WK needing $4k worth of maintenance/repairs AND the fast rising interest rates.

Hopefully we won't have a huge recession and these things come down by $10k.

Thinking of putting anywhere from $10-15k down with 60 month financing @ 4.2%.
Congrats!!! Nothing to be nervous about. You're buying a great truck (the best midsize) and it sounds like you got a great deal too. Nice work.
Oh, and welcome!

Sponsored

teamblkdog

First Name
Christy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
christykintzel.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Alu-Cab Canopy Camper
Occupation
visual designer
Congrats! Interesting comparison, although not completely like-for-like. I've been driving mine now for 2 years (almost, at the end of Oct.) and I still absolutely love it. Check out the difference in annual fuel cost — WTH??

Jeep Gladiator Finally, I did it - Just put a prepayment down on my first Gladiator 1665149422288

OP
OP
Sigz

Sigz

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Thanks all glad to be part of the club. I just hate spending money - especially on something that doesn't appreciate.

But it is what it is, and it's something I've always wanted.

I don't think I'll do any super modding to start out.

If I do anything it will be some Falken Wildpeak AT3w's and maybe some quadratec wheels. A lift can wait.

Does anyone recommend a solid tire size for something to look a little beefier but not be completely absurd for a DD? I'm thinking 285/70/17 or 285/75/17 on stock suspension.

arskemp

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sarge Green Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT
Welcome! I bought earlier this year and it was my first new vehicle as well and it's not even mine haha (happy wife, happy life). Was extremely nervous signing everything but still have no regrets. I had a similar thought process to you. My wife's car was on its last leg, and with used cars going for new car prices and wranglers having historically low depreciation I figured if I ever bought new now was the time.

Regarding wheel/tire setup, Rubicon takeoffs would be a great budget daily option, I see them being sold all the time and I believe they fit on a sport without a lift.

Mav4x4Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Truck Builder
Thanks all glad to be part of the club. I just hate spending money - especially on something that doesn't appreciate.

But it is what it is, and it's something I've always wanted.

I don't think I'll do any super modding to start out.

If I do anything it will be some Falken Wildpeak AT3w's and maybe some quadratec wheels. A lift can wait.

Does anyone recommend a solid tire size for something to look a little beefier but not be completely absurd for a DD? I'm thinking 285/70/17 or 285/75/17 on stock suspension.
285/70R17 Falken AT3W's (factory Rubicon takeoffs) on my Sport S.

Gave a guy at work $500 for them.

Maybe next year I'll pick up at set of 35" KO2's and bronze Method wheels. But until then, this works great.

Jeep Gladiator Finally, I did it - Just put a prepayment down on my first Gladiator IMG_20220908_000958_036

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
Don’t be nervous. It’s a great truck and the best vehicle I’ve ever owned. I’m keeping mine forever.
Sponsored