Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
According to that Gladiator order build and tracking post, we get the order status codes from the dealer.
I ordered mine on 3/4, estimated ship date of 4/15, then moved to 4/29, now no estimated date... I have VIN, and window sticker. I'm a little worried about what might have happened to mine. I just emailed my dealer asking for the order status code. We will see...
Good luck.
I checked my emails from October and November 2019 and got fairly regular updates, even Sunday night (11/03) telling me mine was shipped.
then Tuesday 11/05 it was there at the dealership at 7am
Sponsored

FamilyTruckster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Consulting on Stuff
Just submitted an order for a '22 Sport S Max Tow in White with lots of bells and whistles. Awaiting dealer to confirm the order and then we wait, can't wait to join the community.

I haven't had a Jeep since my last Cherokee in 2014, and haven't had the space to have both a truck and a Jeep, but obviously there's a solution to that now. The wife and I are looking forward to getting the kids out and enjoying the (mild) off-road lifestyle!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
OK, what's up with this - multiple people ordered after I did and have a VIN.
Apparently the dealers around here don't order enough Jeeps and aren't high-volume enough for Jeep. LOL
There's no rhyme nor reason to it.

trizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Diesel
Apparently the dealers around here don't order enough Jeeps and aren't high-volume enough for Jeep. LOL
I got my VIN right away... You know my situation already. What is hard to see is the non customer orders get delivered on the regular. I keep seeing Gladiators built in April hitting the lot.

Sponsored

jn2275

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Mojave
Did you get a VON from your dealer? If you did, have you asked Jeep Chat if you have a VIN?

Jeep Chat

I ordered 22-Apr and received my VON that day from Gupton. I contacted Jeep Chat for the first time 2-May and had a VIN available. They asked for my VON and contact information to verify who I was and gave me my VIN.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Did you get a VON from your dealer? If you did, have you asked Jeep Chat if you have a VIN?

Jeep Chat

I ordered 22-Apr and received my VON that day from Gupton. I contacted Jeep Chat for the first time 2-May and had a VIN available. They asked for my VON and contact information to verify who I was and gave me my VIN.
Got my VON the next day in an email. Dealer later contacted me with it and I compared his number to the email and realized it was the same, so I got it via email hours after the order.
The email also included a link to sign up for text updates on the process - but that doesn't work. I put in my number but never got a text confirmation like it said I would.
Dealer said that system was put in place the same day I ordered - obviously a buggy system.

I'll try Jeep chat - last time around when I ordered my 2020, they were way off on things. Hopefully they are better this time.

jn2275

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Mojave
Got my VON the next day in an email. Dealer later contacted me with it and I compared his number to the email and realized it was the same, so I got it via email hours after the order.
The email also included a link to sign up for text updates on the process - but that doesn't work. I put in my number but never got a text confirmation like it said I would.
Dealer said that system was put in place the same day I ordered - obviously a buggy system.

I'll try Jeep chat - last time around when I ordered my 2020, they were way off on things. Hopefully they are better this time.
I'd hit up Jeep Chat then. This was my conversation with them.

Jeep Gladiator Just Ordered? Check in HERE! Chat VIN - Copy

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I contacted Jeep chat this AM.
My JT was ordered 5/2, got VON 5/3 and today they say it has a VIN (which he gave me) but is still in the scheduling phase. Build not scheduled yet.
So at this point, no movement at all.
I wonder if this as a situation where volume dealers have priority.

trizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Diesel
I'd hit up Jeep Chat then. This was my conversation with them.

Jeep Gladiator Just Ordered? Check in HERE! Chat VIN - Copy
Wow, you lucked out. When I get Vivian I just close the chat and try again. Not even worth my time anymore.

Sponsored

Tabney

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Aviator
Wow, you lucked out. When I get Vivian I just close the chat and try again. Not even worth my time anymore.
I had a useless conversation with Vivian last night. I’ll be doing the same thing from now on.

trizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Diesel
I had a useless conversation with Vivian last night. I’ll be doing the same thing from now on.
She asked for my Vin. I gave it to her. Then she asked for address phone number etc. I gave that info to her as well. Then she asked for my Vin again. I told her she already asked for my Vin. Then she asked for the address and phone number info again.... I was in disbelief.

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
I contacted Jeep chat this AM.
My JT was ordered 5/2, got VON 5/3 and today they say it has a VIN (which he gave me) but is still in the scheduling phase. Build not scheduled yet.
So at this point, no movement at all.
I wonder if this as a situation where volume dealers have priority.
I don't think so. I ordered my JTM from a low volume small-ish (pop. 10,000) town dealer. In fact they rarely have Gladiators on the lot because of low demand in this area. I got my VIN and build sheet within three days of my order. By day five it was built and ready for ship.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think so. I ordered my JTM from a low volume small-ish (pop. 10,000) town dealer. In fact they rarely have Gladiators on the lot because of low demand in this area. I got my VIN and build sheet within three days of my order. By day five it was built and ready for ship.
That's NOT FAIR !! Just kidding. I'm really glad for you, honest. I'm thankfully ok since the dealer let me keep mine only with a miles and condition stipulation. My math says unless it takes over 3 months I'll be good on the miles for sure.
Frankly, it gives some time to strip this one down, on the other hand - not knowing some timing means it could arrive and I have 2 days, or I may strip this one and find I have another month. That's probably my biggest reason for "being anxious", aside from stuff coming up - car shows I'll be towing to, and my wife wants us to go to FL to visit and stay with my son and his family. She loves visiting Florida and I'm hoping I have new and it's all setup before then........ that will be mid-July.

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
That's NOT FAIR !! Just kidding. I'm really glad for you, honest. I'm thankfully ok since the dealer let me keep mine only with a miles and condition stipulation. My math says unless it takes over 3 months I'll be good on the miles for sure.
Frankly, it gives some time to strip this one down, on the other hand - not knowing some timing means it could arrive and I have 2 days, or I may strip this one and find I have another month. That's probably my biggest reason for "being anxious", aside from stuff coming up - car shows I'll be towing to, and my wife wants us to go to FL to visit and stay with my son and his family. She loves visiting Florida and I'm hoping I have new and it's all setup before then........ that will be mid-July.
I'm happy for you Bill. I wouldn't be too worried about the miles. You'll be fine. As they say, the waiting is the hardest part. Continue stripping down your old one though.

I will make an uneducated guess that you will have your new Overland by mid June.
Sponsored