Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I'm happy for you Bill. I wouldn't be too worried about the miles. You'll be fine. As they say, the waiting is the hardest part. Continue stripping down your old one though.

I will make an uneducated guess that you will have your new Overland by mid June.
That would be about perfect, but amazing as it's not even scheduled yet. It would mean things would happen pretty quickly. Mid-June is only a month away.
Sponsored

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Just think if plant assembly was like it was forty years ago. Wow, have times changed!

https://jalopnik.com/watch-long-lost-factory-tour-footage-of-american-motors-1831869754
I have a book titled something like "what happens at a car factory" or a similar title. The pictures are AMC Javelin....... and it follows the process of a Javelin being built. A friend gave the book to me a few years ago. I know others who actually worked building AMC cars, I spoke with one of the electrical engineers personally, same for the guy who was responsible for the interior design of the later Javelins and choosing Pierre Cardin's submissions for the PC Javelin and AMX. Pierre submitted several designs, the guy I spoke with had the say in the final choice and gave me copies of the other submissions from Pierre.
I've toured multiple plants personally back in the 70s as part of my training, sadly, never AMC's plants
I attend the Kenosha reunion each time they have it. Their history center of course has a lot of stuff. This year the family of one of the former employees invited me to stay with them at their home. Last time I toured their personal museum - stuff their father collected over the years. Amazing and one of a kind stuff.
Not too many know that AMC owned a plastics company and made interior parts for Ford and others, owned Wheel Horse, and other companies.

Things have really changed! I watched a guy leading the joints at the B pillar on a Chrysler, a true artist. The guy adjusting trunk lids and doors on Fords was the stuff of urban legend. Yes, he carried a 2x4 and a big rubber mallet.

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
I have a book titled something like "what happens at a car factory" or a similar title. The pictures are AMC Javelin....... and it follows the process of a Javelin being built. A friend gave the book to me a few years ago. I know others who actually worked building AMC cars, I spoke with one of the electrical engineers personally, same for the guy who was responsible for the interior design of the later Javelins and choosing Pierre Cardin's submissions for the PC Javelin and AMX. Pierre submitted several designs, the guy I spoke with had the say in the final choice and gave me copies of the other submissions from Pierre.
I've toured multiple plants personally back in the 70s as part of my training, sadly, never AMC's plants
I attend the Kenosha reunion each time they have it. Their history center of course has a lot of stuff. This year the family of one of the former employees invited me to stay with them at their home. Last time I toured their personal museum - stuff their father collected over the years. Amazing and one of a kind stuff.
Not too many know that AMC owned a plastics company and made interior parts for Ford and others, owned Wheel Horse, and other companies.

Things have really changed! I watched a guy leading the joints at the B pillar on a Chrysler, a true artist. The guy adjusting trunk lids and doors on Fords was the stuff of urban legend. Yes, he carried a 2x4 and a big rubber mallet.
The Kenosha History Center is on my bucket list. Our next drive to Lake Michigan will include a stop here! :like:

clowe1965

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, TJ, JTRD,11 GT, 95 F-150...& a Turdcel lemon
Occupation
Industrial Construction
Got my VON the next day in an email. Dealer later contacted me with it and I compared his number to the email and realized it was the same, so I got it via email hours after the order.
The email also included a link to sign up for text updates on the process - but that doesn't work. I put in my number but never got a text confirmation like it said I would.
Dealer said that system was put in place the same day I ordered - obviously a buggy system.

I'll try Jeep chat - last time around when I ordered my 2020, they were way off on things. Hopefully they are better this time.
Jeep chat told me it was still in the scheduling phase and they couldnt see any more than that and referred me to the dealer. 4 days later (last week) the dealer gave me a tentative ship date. It seems that the reporting system is all over the place on this thread, so most likely its gonna just pop up as shipped or delivered after having 0 progress the week prior.

Sponsored

22_Sarge_Sport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S
Sarge Green Sport S, tan cloth, manual, 8.4" package, Popular Equip package, Trailer Tow package, LSD, Gorilla Glass, Cold Weather package, Convenience Group, Duelers.

Ordered/VON 4/26.
VIN 5/2.
Still in "Scheduling" phase as of this morning.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep chat told me it was still in the scheduling phase and they couldnt see any more than that and referred me to the dealer. 4 days later (last week) the dealer gave me a tentative ship date. It seems that the reporting system is all over the place on this thread, so most likely its gonna just pop up as shipped or delivered after having 0 progress the week prior.
Mine doesn't have a build sheet or anything. It's in limbo. VIN, but no status. In scheduling for days, Jeep chat can't tell me anything, my dealer says I know what he knows.

I have my truck, I'm doing fine, not a thing wrong with this 2020, but my smirking is at the fact - Jeep has really bad tracking. The system sent me an email saying I could get text notices and that' broken as it wouldn't even let me sign up. And they think they are going to have a web site that allows customers to track their orders start to finish? That makes me laugh.

I'm not upset - don't get me wrong. My truck is GREAT, I'm just mocking their inability to get even simple systems working then claim they'll have a web site for all customers.

I'm one of the lucky ones - if this falls flat on its face and my order gets lost in the system, I move on with this truck and keep on loving it. Others - not so lucky. I have a working truck I like, others don't and are relying on their orders to get completed.

clowe1965

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Industrial Construction
Mine doesn't have a build sheet or anything. It's in limbo. VIN, but no status. In scheduling for days, Jeep chat can't tell me anything, my dealer says I know what he knows.

I have my truck, I'm doing fine, not a thing wrong with this 2020, but my smirking is at the fact - Jeep has really bad tracking. The system sent me an email saying I could get text notices and that' broken as it wouldn't even let me sign up. And they think they are going to have a web site that allows customers to track their orders start to finish? That makes me laugh.

I'm not upset - don't get me wrong. My truck is GREAT, I'm just mocking their inability to get even simple systems working then claim they'll have a web site for all customers.

I'm one of the lucky ones - if this falls flat on its face and my order gets lost in the system, I move on with this truck and keep on loving it. Others - not so lucky. I have a working truck I like, others don't and are relying on their orders to get completed.
We ordered because of a wreck totaled my wifes JKU out. She gets my rubicon, i get a truck. I feel bad seeing people that ordered last year that haven't received there jeeps yet but I'm not gonna tell the factory to slide my date back lol. Same boat though, we both have something to drive. Now the painful part is figuring out how to lower "her" jeep back to stock. It has 4.88s and 35s. She would be happy if we swapped tires but that engine already screams on the interstate, I can't imagine driving it with 33's. Or convince her to just put a step on it.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
We ordered because of a wreck totaled my wifes JKU out. She gets my rubicon, i get a truck. I feel bad seeing people that ordered last year that haven't received there jeeps yet but I'm not gonna tell the factory to slide my date back lol. Same boat though, we both have something to drive. Now the painful part is figuring out how to lower "her" jeep back to stock. It has 4.88s and 35s. She would be happy if we swapped tires but that engine already screams on the interstate, I can't imagine driving it with 33's. Or convince her to just put a step on it.
I see what you mean - with the deeper gears 33s would not be good. 4.10 or 3.73 it would be fine but to swap gears again - money, time........ ugh.

I have to be somewhat careful in what I have or drive. My wife has a handicap from birth. She's technically, legally, restricted to an automatic (but she drove my Comanche with 5 speed fine, and my F20 tractor but that had a top speed of like 3 mph HAHA)

My SX4 is a T5, but I have an automatic on the shelf if it gets to where I can't drive it.
I have to have power windows, power locks, automatic, that sort of thing, in order to make sure that if anything happened to me, or anything happened to her Jeep - she would have something she could "legally" drive. Manual windows are NOT an option for her, especially if she's in the passenger seat as she can't reach and operate a crank window on the right side.
That all helps determine what i buy and how I mod things. For the height of my truck she's doing "ok" so far, but those Overland running boards are a godsend for her (and me in a way, arthritis, back issues, etc.) If I had mine lifted beyond the 1" I have it, power steps would be required, not just "nice".

I have always tried to look at "what if" on things like vehicles - what if something happens to me. I've defied all odds already. By the book, I should have died long ago. Several times. So I look out for her - everything in both names, vehicles that either of us can drive (legally), and I told her who to contact about my stuff if anything does happen to me - a friend in Indiana will be contacted, he'll come and take care of my cars, all of the parts, etc. and he'll have his choice of any of my shop equipment and one of my cars in exchange for helping her "get rid of things".

clowe1965

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Industrial Construction
I see what you mean - with the deeper gears 33s would not be good. 4.10 or 3.73 it would be fine but to swap gears again - money, time........ ugh.

I have to be somewhat careful in what I have or drive. My wife has a handicap from birth. She's technically, legally, restricted to an automatic (but she drove my Comanche with 5 speed fine, and my F20 tractor but that had a top speed of like 3 mph HAHA)

My SX4 is a T5, but I have an automatic on the shelf if it gets to where I can't drive it.
I have to have power windows, power locks, automatic, that sort of thing, in order to make sure that if anything happened to me, or anything happened to her Jeep - she would have something she could "legally" drive. Manual windows are NOT an option for her, especially if she's in the passenger seat as she can't reach and operate a crank window on the right side.
That all helps determine what i buy and how I mod things. For the height of my truck she's doing "ok" so far, but those Overland running boards are a godsend for her (and me in a way, arthritis, back issues, etc.) If I had mine lifted beyond the 1" I have it, power steps would be required, not just "nice".

I have always tried to look at "what if" on things like vehicles - what if something happens to me. I've defied all odds already. By the book, I should have died long ago. Several times. So I look out for her - everything in both names, vehicles that either of us can drive (legally), and I told her who to contact about my stuff if anything does happen to me - a friend in Indiana will be contacted, he'll come and take care of my cars, all of the parts, etc. and he'll have his choice of any of my shop equipment and one of my cars in exchange for helping her "get rid of things".
I had a friend who did 1 ton swaps on his JKU, he'd already geared his axles so I traded my stock 4.10s and some engine swap labor. He sold those stock rubicons for $2600. I personally would have geared 4.56 for the 35s, but 37's were on my list until this happened. I can lower it though, it will look like a hot wheels jeep with 35s.

I was lucky and managed to convince her to learn stick on her first TJ. Whole fleet is stick, except the f150 and the hopefully soon to be delivered diesel gladiator. Keeps friends from asking to borrow things hehe.

Sponsored

SpirituallyBuff

First Name
Jaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Scion xB
Occupation
Pastor
Sarge Green Sport S, tan cloth, manual, 8.4" package, Popular Equip package, Trailer Tow package, LSD, Gorilla Glass, Cold Weather package, Convenience Group, Duelers.

Ordered/VON 4/26.
VIN 5/2.
Still in "Scheduling" phase as of this morning.
Mine was ordered 3/29… Build started on 5/9 or 5/10 (i guess)… Dealer told me on 5/3 that the tentative build date on 5/9. on 5/10 Cryptostickers showed build sheet for first time.

And JUST NOW…It shows window sticker found…. didn’t show it this morning!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Mine was ordered 3/29… Build started on 5/9 or 5/10 (i guess)… Dealer told me on 5/3 that the tentative build date on 5/9. on 5/10 Cryptostickers showed build sheet for first time.

Over a month before build was even started. Interesting. 6 weeks or so. They must have been out of something or been flush with orders.

22_Sarge_Sport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S

Sounds like you are on the way. Hopefully mine will be soon.

Blindjustice1787

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Does there seem to be a difference in turn around times for different models? IE - Rubicons take longer because they have specialized parts, or maybe they are quicker? It seems like build times would be effected by shortages, but not sure which would be harder/take longer to build. I read a comment that decals, of all things, were one of the biggest factors slowing down certain builds at this time.
Just ordered mine on Saturday. Was told anywhere from 4-weeks to 6-months, which is somewhat disheartening.
Sponsored