Hockeypilot44

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Wrangler
Hello Everybody!!

Short intro, been into Jeeps my whole 34 years on this planet and owned just about every one of them from the CJ to the JL. Started saving when the Gladiator was just a rumor and I hated to take advantage of “pandemic” pricing when people are suffering but saw an opportunity to pull the trigger and took it.

Order was placed on Monday 4/13 for a Gobi Rubicon loaded to the gills. I busted my ass working the last 5 years and that’s my 35th birthday present to myself, buying her outright.

I’ve ordered a JKU Rubicon which took about 6 weeks from order to me signing for her, so I’m interested to compare, especially since I ordered in the middle of the shutdown. I believe Toledo is shut down until at least the 2nd week of May, not sure if someone can correct me on that, but I’ve waited years, so what’s another few months I suppose.

Looking forward to getting active on here and getting to know y’all, and hopefully wheel with some of you! Maybe I’ll find a “waiting buddy” that also ordered during the shut down! Cheers guys (and gals)
I ordered mine in January when things weren't shut down. I finally got my truck 11 weeks later. Some guys got their trucks in less than a month. Good luck.
Sponsored

Gator_Guy

First Name
Bryson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon
Occupation
Military
Ordered a fully loaded Gator Rubicon on 4/15 and already have a VIN assigned! Jeep chat said to check in 1st week of May and see about any updates. Apparently this is when the factory goes back to production. Super excited to receive my new vehicle and to have a resource like this forum!

AndyWentJT

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JT
Ordered a fully loaded Gator Rubicon on 4/15 and already have a VIN assigned! Jeep chat said to check in 1st week of May and see about any updates. Apparently this is when the factory goes back to production. Super excited to receive my new vehicle and to have a resource like this forum!
That’s good to hear!! I don’t have my VIN yet (ordered 2 days before you) but that could just be my dealer being lazy. If I recall from my last build the dealer gave me the VIN and I tracked it myself from there. I also heard May opening so hopefully they’re not too backed up and we’ll both have new JTs just in time for early summer!

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered mine on the 14th of April and it was supposed to be submitted on the 15th... I haven't had a VIN where/who do you call to see if you have one?

Sponsored

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Forums!!

I have an order in the books for a fully loaded Sting Gray Rubicon. Had to edit this post as I originally put in for a loaded Sport S Max Tow.

Lakeland CDJ (Tampa, FL vicinity) does pretty high volume, so they can offer a total of 7% below invoice (6% plus 1% for Tread Lightly or another affiliate code). The only "fee" is a $998 dealer fee that they never wave. MSRP on my truck is $60,815 and my 7% below invoice price is $52, 701. With the $500 military cash I'm at $52,201 final price (This doesn't include tax, tag, title).

Last edited:

DMW727

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer
Ordered today!

Got a 2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max tow, Gator Green, and couldn't be more excited!
Hoping there are a couple more incentives before finishing production but either way happy to be back in a Jeep.

AndyWentJT

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JT
Ordered today!

Got a 2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max tow, Gator Green, and couldn't be more excited!
Hoping there are a couple more incentives before finishing production but either way happy to be back in a Jeep.
Congrats!!! I’ve ordered before and it took 6 weeks but it’s interesting because with Toledo closed, no one knows what the hell is happening haha so it’s nice to have fellow Jeep Quarantined Orders to wait with! Here’s to sooner rather than later!

Dakeys

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Congrats!!! I’ve ordered before and it took 6 weeks but it’s interesting because with Toledo closed, no one knows what the hell is happening haha so it’s nice to have fellow Jeep Quarantined Orders to wait with! Here’s to sooner rather than later!
Placed my Sport S max tow order on Monday and got a VIN and build date of 6/22 yesterday. Barring anything crazy, I was told a mid July delivery is expected. Fingers crossed!

DMW727

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer
Thanks! This is my first time ordering from any dealer. I just hope things go smoothly. I'm looking forward to getting it while it's still warm outside! Break it in on the trails before it gets cold.

Congrats to you too! what did you order before this one?

Sponsored

DMW727

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer
Placed my Sport S max tow order on Monday and got a VIN and build date of 6/22 yesterday. Barring anything crazy, I was told a mid July delivery is expected. Fingers crossed!

wow. I don't have anything to compare it to but that seems quick! July would be great.

AndyWentJT

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JT
Thanks! This is my first time ordering from any dealer. I just hope things go smoothly. I'm looking forward to getting it while it's still warm outside! Break it in on the trails before it gets cold.

Congrats to you too! what did you order before this one?
I ordered a JKU Rubicon in 2015 and that had a 6 week turn around time which surprised me, I planned to wait for MONTHS. I thought it was going to be months because there wasn’t any updates for long stretches of time. Best advice I have is to try not to stress and let it roll. It seemed like it was in paint and then for weeks no updates but all of a sudden one day it was KZ and on a rail car to be delivered. I ordered this one 4/13 and already have the VIN too. If you want some peace of mind just check your order sheet from the dealer and make sure it says “ 1-sold order” under order type and not dealer inventory. Some dealers get lazy and place the orders as if they’re ordering a lot vehicle to sell. As long as it says “sold order” you’re good to go. Jeep prioritizes sold orders to be built first, so you’ll be put into the “first in line” group when they re-open Toledo here soon!

ciarraikerry

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JTR
Occupation
Biologist
I forgot to check in. I ordered a loaded gator rubicon on 3/12, 6 days before the shut down. I am in D1 status, so expect it to be one of the first builds after they restart.

I ordered my JKU in 2014. It took 3 weeks to be built and then another 5 weeks for delivery. It was the year of POLAR VORTEX so no trains were moving. I was super impatient. This time hasn’t been so bad since I already have my jeep. I don’t feel like I’m missing out waiting on the truck

0110E74A-5F72-4B5F-9097-B898269904E4.jpeg

AndyWentJT

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JT
I forgot to check in. I ordered a loaded gator rubicon on 3/12, 6 days before the shut down. I am in D1 status, so expect it to be one of the first builds after they restart.

I ordered my JKU in 2014. It took 3 weeks to be built and then another 5 weeks for delivery. It was the year of POLAR VORTEX so no trains were moving. I was super impatient. This time hasn’t been so bad since I already have my jeep. I don’t feel like I’m missing out waiting on the truck

Jeep Gladiator Just Ordered? Check in HERE! 0110E74A-5F72-4B5F-9097-B898269904E4
Righg? The first one I ever ordered years ago was AWFUL, every day felt like an eternity especially not knowing how the process works, but this time between already having a Jeep and knowing yeah it might be a bit of a wait but it WILL get here eventually and man delivery day is just SO awesome when it comes that makes it worth it alone.

I ordered on 4/13 so you have a good month on me. I keep up with Toledo because I have family in the area and they know my addiction so they keep me up to date on the plant. It seems about a week ago they did a soft re-open so there’s been voluntary employees there getting the lines set up so when May 4 comes and they return to full production they can hit the ground running so hang tight everyone waiting, it looks like they’ll pick up where they left off here very soon. Fingers crossed!

ciarraikerry

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JTR
Occupation
Biologist
Righg? The first one I ever ordered years ago was AWFUL, every day felt like an eternity especially not knowing how the process works, but this time between already having a Jeep and knowing yeah it might be a bit of a wait but it WILL get here eventually and man delivery day is just SO awesome when it comes that makes it worth it alone.

I ordered on 4/13 so you have a good month on me. I keep up with Toledo because I have family in the area and they know my addiction so they keep me up to date on the plant. It seems about a week ago they did a soft re-open so there’s been voluntary employees there getting the lines set up so when May 4 comes and they return to full production they can hit the ground running so hang tight everyone waiting, it looks like they’ll pick up where they left off here very soon. Fingers crossed!
First one is the worst! I think being on a forum made it harder. Up until the time mine came off the line, orders to New England (was in Boston at the time) were taking 9 days. So I was thinking I was going to get it in just over a month. Then the trains stopped running...then they started again and one derailed near me and I was sure my jeep was on it. Thankfully mine was still in Ohio. Took 5 weeks after build date. Forgot all about it when I picked it up.
Sponsored