Sponsored

Just ordered Eco-Diesel Rubi

Jeepinjerry

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland. 1977 Jeep J10. 1980 Jeep Grand Wagoneer. 2018 MB GLS 550. 2019 MB S560. 2020 Chevrolet Corvette. 2018 Mclaren 720S. 1932 Ford Hi Boy. 1957 Chevrolet Impala 210. 1972 Land Rover 109 II. 1969 Camero RS Convertible. 1972 Plymouth Satellite Sebring 1966 Chevrolet Nova. 1970 GMC Sierra 1500. 2003 Mazda Miata. 1965 Mustang Convertible (Wife's Car!!)
Occupation
Retired
Well, this is a really productive way to answer the OP's questions about his "dream vehicle". Your anecdotal evidence on a version of an engine that's no longer in production is certainly helpful to the suspension question. You are so angry at FCA that you went right out and bought another high margin vehicle from them. I'm sure your mission to destroy the Ecodiesel will be a huge success. There is a thread on here about a pentastar that failed. You should have definitely not purchased one.
Welcome to the forum....
Craig, I am not angry with FCA in the slightest. Am I disappointed with my eco diesel....yes. Who likes to write off a vehicle??

Gen 1 and Gen 2 both failed....Gen 3?? Perhaps history does speak for itself. The statement "if at first you don't succeed...try try again" may stand true but you will not catch me throwing away my money for someone's else mistakes or engineering flaws.

My 2008 Grand Cherokee CDI was purchased but a friend for his grandson and it is still on the road with over 500,000 kms on it with no engine issues since day 1. I have 2 other MBs albeit their are not CDI but MBs CDI is bulletproof. Too bad FCA and MB parted ways but business is business.

Going right back out and paying another FCA high margin vehicle...well of course as I needed another Jeep for the stable.

Craig...I am sure you will have a rebuttal.
Sponsored

BilletRUBI

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
I am not much of a poster so not sure how to download my build sheet. But is what I have is a White Rubicon Eco Diesel with every option except the smokers package and the sticker was $69340. Of course I did not pay even close to that in that the dealer was fantastic to work with. Since purchasing it I have added BFG K02 37's with AEV Borah wheels, Mopar 2 inch lift, Petal Commander, Tazer, Warn 10.0S EVO with warn winch plate, clear bra, tinted windows, innovative JK products twin ARB underseat compressor with innovatives air up/down kit and a Dometic CFX3 35 cooler. I picked it up on 11-03-20 and have enjoyed every minute of it. Even took the hard top off and ran around for a couple days in November with the soft top on. I have had diesels before and I am not anymore worried about this motor than any other gas or diesel motor I have owned. The longest I have kept any vehicle for the last 40 years is 4 years so between my wife and I we have had a few. To the tune of 21 new vehicles over the 40 years. I have owned Ford, Chevrolet, Jeep, Pontiac, Lexus and Toyota. I am not here to bash any of them in that each and everyone of them can and will have problems. Make sure you buy from a good dealer and have a great relationship with them and you will always be taken care of. If you go in looking to cause a fight on a warranty job you will have problems, but if you go in and be kind to them they will treat you with the same respect. How do I know this? I own my own retail business and have dealt with every kind of customer there is and when both treat each other the upmost respect then everything will work out. Now everyone please stop bashing the diesel or the gasser and just get along!
Which Mopar 2” lift did you get? I’m planning on purchasing a Gladiator Rubicon Diesel and want to run BFG M/T KM3 37s and a Warn EVO VR 10S winch. Do you have a pic of your Jeep that you can share? Did you have to run a spacer on the front to offset the weight of the Warn winch?

Last edited:

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTD, 90 300zx TT, 07 Nightrain, MB 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
I used the Mopar lift made for the Diesel and I have a 3/4 inch rake that I will leave.
Jeep Gladiator Just ordered Eco-Diesel Rubi image0
Im not a white fan my friend but that is a good looking truck! wheel and tire comb is spot on. second look I really like the wheel choice, enjoy

BilletRUBI

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
I used the Mopar lift made for the Diesel and I have a 3/4 inch rake that I will leave.
Jeep Gladiator Just ordered Eco-Diesel Rubi image0
Looks perfect! I was wondering if the Warn winch would cause me to add spacers to the front - looks fine to me. Thanks for sharing!

Sponsored

UTRZRDOG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon Ecodiesel
Occupation
Self Employed
What's your wheel/tire setup and offset/backspacing?
AEV Borah wheels for the JT and BFG KM2’s. I went with the load range D tire in a size 37x12.50x17 and they don’t stick out and they ride great!
Sponsored