Sponsored

Zybane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Occupation
Military Pilot
Has anyone also considered the Leer? Pro's vs Con's?

I'm leaning towards ordering the ARE CX Evolve soon, paint matched. I decided I'm definitely going fiberglass as A: I will be camping inside and will also have pets inside; fiberglass radiating heat to the interior a lot less than the metal option competitors. And B: I'm not going to put a ton of weight on top.

azer

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Willys
I was weighing between ARE and Leer on looks - but once I started getting quotes the ARE started looking a heck of a lot better when cost get brought into the decision. I ended up pulling the trigger for my ARE for 2250 installed. I went for the CX Classic with the black coating since it’ll better match the top I have on mine.

SquirrelNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Has anyone also considered the Leer? Pro's vs Con's?

I'm leaning towards ordering the ARE CX Evolve soon, paint matched. I decided I'm definitely going fiberglass as A: I will be camping inside and will also have pets inside; fiberglass radiating heat to the interior a lot less than the metal option competitors. And B: I'm not going to put a ton of weight on top.
I loved the looks of the LEER - the frameless side windows and the way they moulded the lip above the rear glass - everything looks very factory. EXCEPT... I could not get over the weird angle they put in the front of the topper and how it miss-aligns with the back of the hard top. I've heard theories about its purpose, but either way it would really bug me.

Then, I thought more about functionality and decided flip up side windows would be more practical for accessing cargo as well. Ultimately, I went with ARE, for over $1000 less than LEER as well.

Now I'm just anxiously waiting for the top to come in so I can see if I made the right decision or not! haha!
Sponsored

Last edited: