Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Florist
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have any good tips on keeping birds away? They destroyed my black 18 JLs paint a few years ago. By the time I figured out where they were nesting it was too late. Our parking spots are right next to the front porch and they build nests under the wood. I see them now trying fly over debris to build. I cleared it out but they are too persistent. I put up a streamer flag but it doesn't really seem to work. My JT is silver so idk if they will see their reflections like they did with my black paint. They would literally sit on my mirrors and spare tire and smash their heads into my paint like world war z zombies.
Bright rubber toy snakes!! Works like a charm. The bigger the better.
Sponsored

Gladiator Girl

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Florist
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have any good tips on keeping birds away? They destroyed my black 18 JLs paint a few years ago. By the time I figured out where they were nesting it was too late. Our parking spots are right next to the front porch and they build nests under the wood. I see them now trying fly over debris to build. I cleared it out but they are too persistent. I put up a streamer flag but it doesn't really seem to work. My JT is silver so idk if they will see their reflections like they did with my black paint. They would literally sit on my mirrors and spare tire and smash their heads into my paint like world war z zombies.
I should have added lay on hood, bed, on top when it is parked. Then take them off when you go for a drive!! (Toy Rubber Snakes!!!)

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
Plastic shopping bags tied to their prospective nesting place, and on your mirrors.
I have tried plastic owls etc. but eventually forget to move them around. Plastic bags work. Put them there now and they will build their spring nest somewhere else and usually stick with that new place.
I had bags on my mirrors for a couple of weeks and took them off, birds have not returned.
Simple, cheap and effective.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
Or something else...

WWFAITM.gif

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Not a California Condor, but about 2 days after my wife bought a brand new Subaru Outback I was turning onto my block and saw a turkey vulture cleaning up what appeared to have once been a squirrel. He was in the middle of the street, right in front of the driveway. I had to honk at him to move, and in doing so I guess he didn't get a good grip. He dropped about 2 feet of guts onto the hood of the brand new car. Had to clean that one up immediately.

Outside of putting a scarecrow in the passenger seat, I've had better luck with rubber snakes than with owls. That being said, neither work all that well.

Someone mentioned a cover - seems tedious but if you only have to deal with them for a month or so it may be the best option.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 30519

I ordered some fake snakes on Amazon so I'm gonna give that a try first.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
The QR code in my signature will take you to some very useful and enlightening info about pigeons. There's a lot you're not aware of, really. They're a much bigger problem than you think.

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
20 gauge, bird shot. Just kidding?

What? I live in AZ. They issue you a gun, an Oldsmobuick, and a melanoma treatment punch card as soon as you move here. I felt obligated to my state to suggest superior fire power. Go team! nevermind, bad idea.
For small birds and a low profile try #8 low power shell in a .410 pistol like a Taurus Judge. 20 gauge is a bit much for small birds... hehehe

Jeep Gladiator Keeping birds away? 1617129915726

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I can supply you with a few cats to help you out. Send me your address.;):like: I unluckily just got a fresh batch.:headbang:

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Birds smash their heads into your window? That's scary...

My dad took care of a sparrow problem with my BB gun. He had a whole bag after he got done.

Birds destroyed my blue BMW paint so I don't blame you.

If you just leave a can of cat food out for stray cats, you're not keeping a pet per se, you're just being a nice guy.
Sponsored