Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have any good tips on keeping birds away? They destroyed my black 18 JLs paint a few years ago. By the time I figured out where they were nesting it was too late. Our parking spots are right next to the front porch and they build nests under the wood. I see them now trying fly over debris to build. I cleared it out but they are too persistent. I put up a streamer flag but it doesn't really seem to work. My JT is silver so idk if they will see their reflections like they did with my black paint. They would literally sit on my mirrors and spare tire and smash their heads into my paint like world war z zombies.
In other news....The almost extinct California Condor has been successfully rehabilitated, and there are now more than 300 California Condors living in the wild and they are releasing more every month. BTW....the California Condor has a wing span of 10 feet....... I would get a car cover.....
Sponsored

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks I'll look into that. I think they are also building nests in the pine bushes right next to our spot. I feel bad trying to clean it out but I know they are gonna pull the same crap they did with my JL.
Oh my God.... Next thing they will organize a Home Owners Association and start charging YOU monthly fees........

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I tried an own at my house and it didn’t work. I had a terrible time keeping a couple birds from under my porch. They were shi**ing everywhere. I kept knocking the nest down and eventually they gave up. My next move was BB gun, so they got lucky I guess.

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
Oh my God.... Next thing they will organize a Home Owners Association and start charging YOU monthly fees........
And.... Crap being the key word.....

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have any good tips on keeping birds away? They destroyed my black 18 JLs paint a few years ago. By the time I figured out where they were nesting it was too late. Our parking spots are right next to the front porch and they build nests under the wood. I see them now trying fly over debris to build. I cleared it out but they are too persistent. I put up a streamer flag but it doesn't really seem to work. My JT is silver so idk if they will see their reflections like they did with my black paint. They would literally sit on my mirrors and spare tire and smash their heads into my paint like world war z zombies.
Birds can be a problem, as Mel Brooks found out.
Jeep Gladiator Keeping birds away? Birds

Sponsored

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
In other news....The almost extinct California Condor has been successfully rehabilitated, and there are now more than 300 California Condors living in the wild and they are releasing more every month. BTW....the California Condor has a wing span of 10 feet....... I would get a car cover.....
Ah, the Condor. A Vulture by any other name. And we have how many homeless veterans?

Atomicat

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 YJ and 20 JT
For the birds sitting and pecking paint...I tied plastic bags to mirrors and around the bed. Helped keep them off the truck

IslandFalconer

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, BMW R9T, BMW X4M40i
Occupation
Falconer
I’m in pest bird abatement. Can you identify the type of bird? Also plastic owls only work if used properly.

MNWillys

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2121 Gladiator Willy's
Occupation
Government
We use conical shaped cardboard wrapped with foil, cheap and easy . They're placed/attached on the eaves and greatly reduce nesting. Haven't had any problems since. The exterior of the home is stucco, also had the same problem at my previous home which was vinyl. Good luck.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 30519

Thanks for the replies everyone. I never had any luck wit
I’m in pest bird abatement. Can you identify the type of bird? Also plastic owls only work if used properly.
I tried the plastic owl back when they ruined my JL and It diddnt even phase them. I tried the plastic bags on my mirrors and then they just moved to my step bars instead and started head smashing my doors . How should the owls be used ? I have a video of one on my spare tire so maybe you can identify it. I have to try to find it and I'll post it.

IslandFalconer

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, BMW R9T, BMW X4M40i
Occupation
Falconer
Thanks for the replies everyone. I never had any luck wit

I tried the plastic owl back when they ruined my JL and It diddnt even phase them. I tried the plastic bags on my mirrors and then they just moved to my step bars instead and started head smashing my doors . How should the owls be used ? I have a video of one on my spare tire so maybe you can identify it. I have to try to find it and I'll post it.
For plastic owls to work, and often they don’t.
But here is how they should be used
1: Place owl out at dusk, at a high enough point. Usually in a tree, but visible. Have you ever seen an owl? They are good at not being seen by humans. They won’t be out on a lawn, or on the roof of your house
2: At dawn or early morning, Remove owl.
3: Repeat the above, but move the owl to a different location. Birds aren’t dumb, they will figure out very quickly that the owl hasn’t moved, and they will figure out its fake.

Beyond owls you may need to find a bird abatement company/person to fix it for you. Once they are in nesting mode it’s a pain to deal with them.

jc1986

First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon sting grey 6spd
I thought this thread was going to go somewhere else, like how many times has a bird kamikazed the windshield. I have had two do it so far, it is an incredibly unnerving sound.

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
Ah, the Condor. A Vulture by any other name. And we have how many homeless veterans?
That depends on who is tallying the numbers. one count asserts that as of 2019, there were approximately 37,085 homeless veterans in America of which 22,740 are sheltered and 14,345 are not. Another count from 2020 gives a total of 67,495 of which nearly half are Viet Nam era Veterans. The latter appears to be based upon a census count although I am surprised that with the pandemic such numbers are already available. I am a Viet Nam Veteran who strongly supports veteran outreach programs with my time and my money. I am also a homeless advocate who actively participates in annual PIT (Point In Time [nationwide] by HUD) contacts during which a plethora of opportunities are afforded to all homeless persons counted. Sadly, most do not ever take the opportunities offered i.e., rehabilitation, housing, food banks and other outreach programs.

The California Condor was at the brink of extinction primarily because of the use of pesticides, poaching and other various varmint / pest poisons and did not have much of an opportunity to say no thank you, I am refusing your help. They just went on dying at the hands of man...

Perhaps, I just have a broader perspective and a bigger heart.
Sponsored