Sponsored

Keeping rocks from wedging in gap between fender and body…

OP
OP
Dryfly24

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
I’m doing it as we speak. It’s not hard at all but it is a guessing game as to how far to tuck it in. Too much and I feel like it can’t do it’s job effectively. Too little and I feel as though it’ll work itself out of the channel. At any rate, we’ll see how it does. I’ll post back in a few weeks with the results.
Jeep Gladiator Keeping rocks from wedging in gap between fender and body… 26E0BBBA-A23C-48F8-AE00-C92943A518F8
Jeep Gladiator Keeping rocks from wedging in gap between fender and body… 9BC40D30-4C1D-48DC-BE27-2DC7E54C693C
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dryfly24

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired and loving it
We’ll, just got done with the install. Now I don’t know because this is just an initial observation but I gotta say I’m not too confident in these things staying put. They looks great! IMHO, they give the fender a nice finished look. The only question is durability.
Jeep Gladiator Keeping rocks from wedging in gap between fender and body… 841F8CE5-53EF-4B06-B6D2-2C8BDD9DFB79
It’s hard to tell how much is too much or not enough.

I have a ten hour road trip scheduled for tomorrow in order to pick up a bed rack from another member on the other side of the state. We’ll see how they hold up at Highway speeds.

I know what I’m thinking but we’ll see…

cdyoung9799

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
We’ll, just got done with the install. Now I don’t know because this is just an initial observation but I gotta say I’m not too confident in these things staying put. They looks great! IMHO, they give the fender a nice finished look. The only question is durability.
Jeep Gladiator Keeping rocks from wedging in gap between fender and body… 841F8CE5-53EF-4B06-B6D2-2C8BDD9DFB79

I have a ten hour road trip scheduled for tomorrow in order to pick up a bed rack from another member on the other side of the state. We’ll see how they hold up at Highway speeds.

Nice job. Looks like it was done at the factory. I've been wanting to do this, but waiting on real world feedback to see how it stays put. My concern is the flex of the fenders, and whether or not it will work its way out over time.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)

You want it in tight... too much to the outside and they will work their way out. You want them in so far that you think you have gone too far. Just visible is all that is needed for the grit to be held out of the gap.

OP
OP
Dryfly24

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired and loving it
You want it in tight... too much to the outside and they will work their way out. You want them in so far that you think you have gone too far. Just visible is all that is needed for the grit to be held out of the gap.
Thanks. I’ll go back over it.

Sponsored

cdyoung9799

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
I know the Home Depot by my place has that same diameter tubing in clear. (If you dont want black)
Cool idea. I think the black looks good, but I would be interested to see how it looks with the clear tubing too. You could always swap one for the other if you don't like it.

MMMII

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR - 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Redfin - Real Estate Consultant
I tried this but after a while it would work itself loose and I have to say after a few months of re-tucking while getting gas I just gave up. Fronts stayed in just fine and as far as I know are still there but I don’t check anymore.

OP
OP
Dryfly24

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired and loving it
Well I just got back from my road trip. Left around 4am this morning. Everything held up so that’s a win at least for now. We’ll see how they do long term.
Sponsored