MadMax

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Side note: the push button "keyless" start is RETARDED since it doesn't come packaged with Keyless Enter (which for some reason FCA has decided to name "proximity entry" on JL/JT only). If I need my keys to get into the Jeep, then I might as well use them to drive the thing too.
Keyless entry and proximity entry are two different things! keyless entry means you press the button on the fob to unlock. Proximity means you dont have to touch the fob at all to unlock and can keep it in your pocket.
Sponsored

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
Keyless entry and proximity entry are two different things! keyless entry means you press the button on the fob to unlock. Proximity means you dont have to touch the fob at all to unlock and can keep it in your pocket.
Regardless of what it’s called, this is the first vehicle I’ve owned with keyless start that required an extra option for proximity entry. Of course, they got my money.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Yes, as I stated on the JL/JT only. On every other FCA vehicle, "Keyless Enter-N-Go" is a feature where you can unlock/lock the doors AND start the ignition without the key fob in your hand. When the JL came out, they improperly listed Keyless Enter-N-Go on the Monroney stickers, which resulted in thousands of pissed off customers and a few lawsuits.

My only point is that if they're going to equip a vehicle to start without a key, then it's retarded to make the owner use the key to get into the vehicle to begin with. Either make it all keyless, or don't.
Sponsored