Labor pricing to install 2" MOPAR lift?

Proteus

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator JT
Hello all, I've been looking into installing the 2" mopar lift I just bought and these dealerships in the Washington DC area are quoting me like 12-14 hours ($1800-2300) to do it. This seems INSANE to install a lift. what are folks hearing?
Sponsored

AdrianVall

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport Max Tow
I paid $2,300 for my MOPAR 2.5" lift and installation total.

GWillys

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTW
Occupation
Engineer
was quoted ~$1000 for labor..... looks like I'll be doing it myself.

Sponsored

iammacey

First Name
Macey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT4, Fiesta ST, Gladiator LE
Hello all, I've been looking into installing the 2" mopar lift I just bought and these dealerships in the Washington DC area are quoting me like 12-14 hours ($1800-2300) to do it. This seems INSANE to install a lift. what are folks hearing?
My brother owns a shop where he does lifts, tires, wheels, etc.... He picked up the Mopar Lift from the Jeep dealer and I got to his shop around 4:30p on install day.

It was just him and me. And unless I read the directions, I just do what I'm told and stay out of the way.

I left his shop with the lift installed around 8:30p. This includes him stopping to help other customers, him eating dinner, and me mostly standing around waiting on direction.

Can't imagine more than 5-6 labor hours and that should include alignment.

Wkyfiregladdy

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Mechanic
It took me 4.5 hours to do by myself just to let you know just doing it on jacks and jack stands pretty easy install

RedRaptorJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR Launch Edition
I was charged $1000 plus tax by a dealership in Toronto, Canada which included an alignment. Others wanted $1400.

Read and understand what is meant by “warranty”. Don’t make assumptions as I find each dealership interprets what support they will offer post installation.

Mine was great. They provided a follow up alignment service after it didn’t track straight (not related to steering TSB).

Sponsored

arosen1997

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
LAV Turret Technician
Don't go to a Stealership, find a local shop (obviously make sure they have their proper certs though).
Personally I wouldn't pay more than 600$ for an install, 6 hours at 100$ an hour.
Honestly if you have tall enough Jackstands, a jack, tools and torque wrench I'd recommend just doing it yourself. Theres plenty of really good guides online. I did my own 3.5" JKS lift in about 6 hours alone and that one even includes a little cutting and grinding.

calipoontappa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Do it yourself. Save money and learn some shit about your truck along the way. Basic hand tools, a jack and stands (which every guy should have)and you’re set. It took 2 hours with on my friends JT. The only thing I recommend you have done by someone else is the alignment.
Sponsored