Sponsored

Mopar 2" Lift Labor

Deleted member 28696

Can anyone tell me what I should expect to pay for labor to have the Mopar 2" lift installed on my 2021 JTR?
This is from Larry Miller Jeep in Colorado

2" Lift Package: MOPAR Lift Kit $2,900 Installed on JT Gladiator Model.
Sponsored

NYC-4X4

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 21 JT Past: 97 ZJ, 14 JKU, 18 WK2
Typically the issue that causes death wobble is improper torque on the track bar. But keep in mind many installers and dealers do crap work so the same issue can happen. But understood and self install is not for everyone. But is a great way to know you’re Jeep better and be able to troubleshoot when issues arise.
Yea, I definitely agree with getting to know your Jeep. I learned a lot from that install. My JKU was my guinea pig and I had a lot of regrets with my choices on it. Luckily, I was able to sell it for only $5k less than I bought it for new, though having driven it for 39 months. After 3 years in a WK2, I‘m back in a solid axle and doing it better this time.

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2020 JLUR, S5
For those saying to install it yourself, I get that it’s not too hard, but you don’t know if someone has the time, tools, resources, location and experience to do it. On top of that, the peace of mind of having a dealer install it on a brand new vehicle under warranty is why I am having them do it.

I did a lift kit install on my JKU and it was plenty easy to do in my driveway with basic tools, everything was great. A few months later I experienced death wobble. After trying to diagnose it myself and re-torquing everything to spec, I brought it in to two mechanics and a dedicated 4WD shop. I spent another few hundred dollars on parts to “fix” it. Death wobble came back several times and I eventually sold it because it sucked to drive.

I know the JL/JTs are much improved and my experience is rare, but I just don’t want to be bothered this time around. I’m not saying to get ripped off by the dealer, but I’m happy with a quote under 5 hours. YMMV
There are to many variables that could have caused your last situation so I will not comment further on that. Many mistakes happen from dealer installs and from the lack of care and not paying attention to detail while overcharging customers. I wouldn't even let a dealer wash any of my vehicles or give me free oil changes. Any person on this forum that can read and follow instructions can install a basic lift and should not fear of death wobble because they did the install and not a dealer.

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer put on the invoice $1500. Even though Mopar was running like something like 15% of MSRP, he bought it using his dealership price and whatever labor was the difference. No complaints for $1500 installed with alginment (if really needed), computer flashed for correct speedo, and Fox upgraded steering stabilizer installed

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Thought about getting the mopar 2" kit installed. But ended up getting the full Clayton Overland plus with Falcon 2.1 and self installed for a little bit more. Install was a little stressful and frustrating at times for a first timer. Started about 10am and finished about 10pm fumbling around. It was well worth it at the end. Also had help from Clayton and some of the members here.

Sponsored

wvyankee2

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
What exactly did they align with fixed length arms? Was there anything wacky with the truck alignment wise before?
Not really sure, but they put it on alignment rack. They installed adjustable track bar and steering stabilizer for me with kit. Made it a point to show me how adjustable track bar only moved front end about 3/16 of an inch. Not sure if any alignment adjustments were made, but know they checked it.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
The lift is $1250 on Amazon, dealer cost is less than that.

Veloruche

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport
I purchased from Bamwholesale for $1255.00 and had a code for free shipping, no tax. Paid my local Porsche mechanic that is a Jeep guy to do my lift at his work for $600.

Sponsored

Wet Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
I have a local dealer here that sells the kits for $1175 and charges $300 to install, including an alignment.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
Sorry if dumb question or wrong spot - but is it even worth putting this lift on a JTR? Is there enough net gain for it to matter? Seems like it's intended for other trim levels.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
Answering my own question for the curious:

I think the simple answer is in the Springs being HD on the Rubicon so less Difference after lift. Diesel springs are also more HD, especially so on the Mopar 2" lift kit.
Here is a link below, where our grey and blue were identical EXCEPT for the Mopar lift on the grey and stock height on the blue one. This post below shows pictures where I measured the trucks side by side and the differences. These pictures are before the blue one got the same lift.

SEE POST #18 when you click this link......

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...for-someone-with-2-lift-w-35-37s.36971/page-2
In general it sounds like a non-rubicon can expect to get much more than 2, rubicons are 2+/- 1/2", and diesels are a crapshoot(?)

Last edited:

Wet Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Sorry if dumb question or wrong spot - but is it even worth putting this lift on a JTR? Is there enough net gain for it to matter? Seems like it's intended for other trim levels.
IMO there are better entry level lifts out there for just a little more money. For about an extra $700 you can do a Clayton Ride Right with Fox shocks and you'll have more lift, adjustable track bars and front upper control arms, and a better ride.

Bulldog10

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland Sarge Green Diesel
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Pilot, FAA ATC, Retired Gentleman Farmer Trying to Survive Divorce!
Vehicle Showcase
Answering my own question for the curious:

In general it sounds like non-rubis get much more than 2, rubis are hit and miss. And diesels are a crapshoot(?)
MY CrapShoot is being Done right now-Not by Me-Let ya know!
Sponsored