Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
Last thing I'd associate with you is "stupid".
It's really simple - any lift kit that is advertised as xx" is based on a specific model and weight. No one can possibly say exactly how tall a vehicle, car or truck, will sit. All a company could ever say is "our springs will hold x,xxx pounds y" higher than stock springs under zz model" and even then, no, not really.

Look at each trim level - Rubicon since that's the big deal everywhere - even those come with at least 3 different spring numbers just for the front springs. I stopped keeping track but I'd bet by now there are at least 4 different spring numbers for the front of a Rubicon. The goal when they are built is for them to have a curb height within a certain range. To accomplish that the Rubicon with the optional steel bumper and skid plate will have heavier springs up front than the base Rubicon with plastic bumper. So how can anyone possibly say that no matter what you put a specific lift kit under it's going to either raise it exactly 2", or make it sit at any specific height? It's not possible.
All anyone can do is say that 1" spacers will make your truck sit 1" higher than it sits right now. How high will that be? Tell me how high it sits now and I'll tell you how tall a 1" spacer will make it sit.
Even in the 60s and 70s, cars came with many different spring combinations, often a different spring for left and right.
My 70 Javelin had heavier springs under it than many others. Why? It was fully loaded, with go-pak, rally-pak, AC, PS, AT (and those Borg Warner transmissions were HEAVY) and other options.
If I put the springs from another 70 Javelin under it, it would have sat lower. Curb height specs were the same for all versions, that means to accomplish that, different springs had to be used.

The only type of lift you can reliably predict is a spacer lift. And the only thing you can say is that it will lift your truck to 3/4" or 1" or whatever the spacer is, over where it sits before the lift is installed.

Any lift based on springs it's "typical for xx model of Gladiator". It may lift a Sport 1/2" higher than it lifts a loaded Rubicon.

And when some of us lift, or drop, an IFS car, the math is even more complex..........
You are 100% correct again. I had a 6" suspension and 3" body lift on my Ram and saw Rams with just the 6" suspension sit the same level as mine. Same holds true when we used to work on racecars and lowriders.
Sponsored

905_gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
i had the RSI Cap & Decked system put on a few weeks back and the jeep looks more level now..this was the day i had the cap on ill take new pics this weekend it looks alot better now
Jeep Gladiator Mopar 2" lift JT RSI1

905_gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
maybe im going crazy but measured from ground to pinch seam front and rear

Front @ 22.5
Rear @ 23

Jeep Gladiator Mopar 2" lift 1654465714169

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
Ah, but no one knows what that height is - every JT is different.
You have to factor in weight since all of our trucks are different weights.

Even swapping in different springs, such as putting Rubicon springs under an overland, will get different results. I put Rubicon springs (the lighter numbers) under mine and got almost 1" while others have gotten a bit over 1".
Max tow springs under the rear of my Overland didn't change the rear height but they were a lot shorter than my stock springs.

Even various Rubicons are different weights so a 2" lift on Rubicon A may end up with a different height than the same kit on Rubicon B
👏👏👏
Sponsored