Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not 100% sure. We're going with a pretty big group and you know how busy things are during EJS. I'm just going to go with the flow, get in where I fit in. I think the only one that's off the list of potentials is Pritchett Canyon.
I’ve heard that’s a pretty gnarly trail. We’ve done Poison spider and hells revenge, along with some fun ones in arches and canyon lands, but those are the two recognizable ones. Your build will conquer either, but are VERY fun. My list for next time are top of the world and probably fins and things. Fins doesn’t sound hard, but everyone says it’s fun.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Levi.Butler

Levi.Butler

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Data Engineer
I’ve heard that’s a pretty gnarly trail. We’ve done Poison spider and hells revenge, along with some fun ones in arches and canyon lands, but those are the two recognizable ones. Your build will conquer either, but are VERY fun. My list for next time are top of the world and probably fins and things. Fins doesn’t sound hard, but everyone says it’s fun.
We're definitely doing top of the world. My wife hasn't ever been to that part of the country so, that one is a must. Golden Spike is definitely on the list too.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
We're definitely doing top of the world. My wife hasn't ever been to that part of the country so, that one is a must. Golden Spike is definitely on the list too.
What’s your route from Houston? If you’re passing through CO via 25 and 70 west towards Utah, I’d happily buy you a beer. We’re in the mountains just off I-70 near Keystone, Breckenridge, Vail, etc. not your most direct route option, but didn’t know if you were hitting sights on the way.

OP
OP
Levi.Butler

Levi.Butler

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Data Engineer
What’s your route from Houston? If you’re passing through CO via 25 and 70 west towards Utah, I’d happily buy you a beer. We’re in the mountains just off I-70 near Keystone, Breckenridge, Vail, etc. not your most direct route option, but didn’t know if you were hitting sights on the way.
I'd love to take you up on that but we will be way west of there by the time we pass through CO. We're staying in Farmington, NM the first night of the trip.

AirborneTexasRanger

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon, 2004 TJ Wrangler X
Occupation
Welder/CWI
Nice build!

How do you like those Rock Slide Engineering Step Sliders? Do they hold up on the trails?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Levi.Butler

Levi.Butler

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Data Engineer
Nice build!

How do you like those Rock Slide Engineering Step Sliders? Do they hold up on the trails?
Thanks, brother.

You are actually in my neighborhood (I live in the Champions area.) if you want to check them out some time.

I have beat the piss out of these steps, to the point that they have gotten stuck a couple of times because I deformed the metal but I have always been able to persuade them back to the point that they are good to go again immediately. I am probably going to get the extra armor for them (both for my JTR and my wife's JLUR) just so I don't have to mess with or worry about them again.

OP
OP
Levi.Butler

Levi.Butler

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Data Engineer
Nice build!

Check this out... this was a full on, 100% hit on the driver side slider and all that happened was the step itself got pushed into the hole that it lives in and I just had to pop it out of there and everything immediately started functioning perfectly.

Jeep Gladiator Levi's JTR 'Do-Everything' Build VideoCapture_20220807-201603

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Nice build!

I have them with the armor, and they held up to the rubicon trail without any loss of function. Without the armor, they’d likely have been pretty damaged. But they were hit many dozens of times. Other than some paint, they’re back to good as new. Love them.

AirborneTexasRanger

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Welder/CWI
Check this out... this was a full on, 100% hit on the driver side slider and all that happened was the step itself got pushed into the hole that it lives in and I just had to pop it out of there and everything immediately started functioning perfectly.

Jeep Gladiator Levi's JTR 'Do-Everything' Build VideoCapture_20220807-201603
That's good to know. I've been hesitant on spending big bucks on something that could see a lot of abuse.

AirborneTexasRanger

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Welder/CWI
Thanks, brother.

You are actually in my neighborhood (I live in the Champions area.) if you want to check them out some time.

I have beat the piss out of these steps, to the point that they have gotten stuck a couple of times because I deformed the metal but I have always been able to persuade them back to the point that they are good to go again immediately. I am probably going to get the extra armor for them (both for my JTR and my wife's JLUR) just so I don't have to mess with or worry about them again.
I might have to take you up on that

Sponsored

OP
OP
Levi.Butler

Levi.Butler

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Data Engineer
It's been a long time since I've update this but... here we go!

I was finally able to get the next big round of upgrades done just in time for EJS!

Front End
Artec Apex Front Axle Armor Kit
Artec Diff Cover
RCV Axle Shafts
Reid Racing Knuckles
Dynatrac Rebuildable Ball Joints
PSC Big Bore Hydraulic Assist Steering
Rock Krawler DIESEL 3" Lift Springs (more on that later...)

Rear End
Rock Krawler Triangulated 4-link Rear
Artec Diff Cover
Revolution Chromoly Axle Shafts
Rock Krawler 3" Lift Springs
Rock Krawler Sway Bar End Links
Rock Krawler Extended Brake Lines

I've been waiting like 7 months for a set of gears from Spicer so... gears still haven't been changed. When the gears finally come in, I am going to do a set up JE Reel driveshafts to. I don't want to pull the pinion yokes off to do the driveshafts until we're doing gears too.

I was initially planning on staying on the 2" lift springs but when the 4 link went in, with my shock setup, those 2" springs were just floating around, so 3" lift springs were going to be required. While we were at it, I've always hated the rake on the JT and I know that Rock Krawler makes a set of 3" lift springs for the front of the diesel JTs and the reason they are different is because the diesel engine weighs something like 500 lbs more than the gasser engine so... in theory... should get rid of the rake but hopefully not raise it too far! Turns out it was PERFECT... with my normal tools and recovery gear in the bed it's still got 1/4" of rake! It's PERFECT!

With the 4 link in the rear, we were able to free up a TON of bind in the control arms and as a result even more articulation. At full articulation, the front tire is 42" off the ground on a 39" tire! Absolutely HUGE for a shock and spring setup!

Now for some pics...

Jeep Gladiator Levi's JTR 'Do-Everything' Build 20230322_154949

Jeep Gladiator Levi's JTR 'Do-Everything' Build 20230322_155000

Jeep Gladiator Levi's JTR 'Do-Everything' Build 20230322_155041

Jeep Gladiator Levi's JTR 'Do-Everything' Build 20230322_155014

Jeep Gladiator Levi's JTR 'Do-Everything' Build 20230322_155339

Jeep Gladiator Levi's JTR 'Do-Everything' Build 20230322_155652

Jeep Gladiator Levi's JTR 'Do-Everything' Build 20230322_155731

Really looking forward to EJS this year... she did great last year and SHOULD do even better this year!

OP
OP
Levi.Butler

Levi.Butler

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Data Engineer
Small (or short, haha!) in progress update!

Went ahead and pulled the trigger on a Motobilt Bobbed bed. It's going to be a while before it's ready for paint because we've got a couple of trips coming up but I don't care how it looks! HAHA!

Jeep Gladiator Levi's JTR 'Do-Everything' Build 1696423751806

Jeep Gladiator Levi's JTR 'Do-Everything' Build 1696423830403

Jeep Gladiator Levi's JTR 'Do-Everything' Build 1696423855606

Got the bed rails on and started fitting up the rack/tire carrier.

Jeep Gladiator Levi's JTR 'Do-Everything' Build 1696423956882

I'm going to build a locking drawer or platform system of some sort to keep my tools locked up in the bed and then still have room for luggage and shit when we go on long trips without the travel trailer. It's going to work great in my head but we will see how things are in practical application.

Here are a couple of mandatory little helper pictures too... I know people love Jeep dogs around here! HAHA!

Jeep Gladiator Levi's JTR 'Do-Everything' Build 1696424167281

Jeep Gladiator Levi's JTR 'Do-Everything' Build 1696424191632

OP
OP
Levi.Butler

Levi.Butler

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Data Engineer
Got the rack & tire carrier mounted up.

Jeep Gladiator Levi's JTR 'Do-Everything' Build 1696858698855

My biggest concern when I decided to go down this road was being able to carry the same amount of tools but still be able to throw a decent amount of luggage in the bed. I think I nailed the solution for that problem.

Jeep Gladiator Levi's JTR 'Do-Everything' Build 1696858854144

Jeep Gladiator Levi's JTR 'Do-Everything' Build 1696858886551

Jeep Gladiator Levi's JTR 'Do-Everything' Build 1696858925893

The back panel won't come out without the key and I will raptor liner all of the wood at the same time I do the bed, to prevent the plywood from rotting.

Now, off to Arkansas for a week to see how she wheels with the new bed!

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Got the rack & tire carrier mounted up.

My biggest concern when I decided to go down this road was being able to carry the same amount of tools but still be able to throw a decent amount of luggage in the bed. I think I nailed the solution for that problem.

The back panel won't come out without the key and I will raptor liner all of the wood at the same time I do the bed, to prevent the plywood from rotting.

Now, off to Arkansas for a week to see how she wheels with the new bed!
Have fun in Arkansas. I’m back there for the night. I ran out of steam on the way home and camped out in ozark. If you’re close, it’d be cool to see your rig in person.

OP
OP
Levi.Butler

Levi.Butler

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Data Engineer
Missed you again! We will be in Ozark this weekend! We camp at Byrd's Adventure Center when we go there. Great place to go enjoy being outside!
Sponsored