Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
How much you get will depend a bit on the weight of the truck. Lighter truck like a sport- more lift, heavier truck like a loaded Rubicon, not as much as the sport might see. YMMV or is it YLMV?
If every truck was the same, and springs of a given type/build would always give you a specific "lift" then Jeep would have one part number for front left, one for front right, etc. - correct? ;-)
True, I was particularly referring to a Max Tow but you are 100% correct about the trim levels affecting how much lift you can get. I installed a 3" trailmaster lift on my JKU based on my Buddies well built sport before I added much weight. He was at 3-1/4 inches on his and I was at 3-3/4 inches on mine. After I added the front bumper and winch and rear bumper I ended somewhere close to him but still had slightly more lift. Weight is definitely a factor.
Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
That will be me when I burn up the Rubi Take off's or unless I run into a windfall of cash 35's no lift
I liked it riding like that but the wife kept telling me to lift it and why I had her graces I figured I'd do it. You want be disappointed

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I have a max tow and went with the AEV. It maintains the factory rake and the towing capability. Drives so much better than stock and is more than capable off road.
Do you ever run heavy?
I’m building g my rig into an overland vehicle and will be carrying considerable weight back there.

MCATDT

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Do you ever run heavy?
I’m building g my rig into an overland vehicle and will be carrying considerable weight back there.
I occasionally tow an RV that I rent . It weighs about 4500lbs. With that attached and the bed full of gear I still have a decent rake. I would say fully loaded she would be level but that is a guess. Most suspensions out there have a goal to level the Vehicle. AEV is one of the few that does not for what that is worth.

Sponsored

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
Get the stance (or rake) you like driving without a load, because let’s be real, that’s 95% of how most of us drive the JT, not under load.

There is only really two instances when load changes your rake:
1) pulling a heavy trailer
2) carrying a heavy load in the bed

In scenario #1 you should have a WDH if towing much over 3k, which would likely ke around 300 lbs tongue weight. The WDH if set up correctly will set the rake back to factory ratios. This will also correct the headlights from pointing to the sky

In scenario #2, if you are carrying a heavy load in the bed ( rock, sand, engine(s) you should get airbags to help correct the rake and that stance. This will also correct the headlight angle as well and will make it a more “cushy” ride.

If you do both scenarios frequently, get both. But keep in might air bags shouldn’t be used to help correct the rake of a WDH. The WDH is the only thing that will truest push the weight back to the front axel, airbags won’t do this.

Regarding the headlight angle, many people overlook how big of a safety issue it is. A heavy load in the bed completely blinds others w regular beams. You can also get a ticket for it at night ;)

OP
OP
tommyp

tommyp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Max Tow
Get the stance (or rake) you like driving without a load, because let’s be real, that’s 95% of how most of us drive the JT, not under load.

There is only really two instances when load changes your rake:
1) pulling a heavy trailer
2) carrying a heavy load in the bed

In scenario #1 you should have a WDH if towing much over 3k, which would likely ke around 300 lbs tongue weight. The WDH if set up correctly will set the rake back to factory ratios. This will also correct the headlights from pointing to the sky

In scenario #2, if you are carrying a heavy load in the bed ( rock, sand, engine(s) you should get airbags to help correct the rake and that stance. This will also correct the headlight angle as well and will make it a more “cushy” ride.

If you do both scenarios frequently, get both. But keep in might air bags shouldn’t be used to help correct the rake of a WDH. The WDH is the only thing that will truest push the weight back to the front axel, airbags won’t do this.

Regarding the headlight angle, many people overlook how big of a safety issue it is. A heavy load in the bed completely blinds others w regular beams. You can also get a ticket for it at night ;)

Most scenarios I would take my 1 ton dually with flatbed ;)

The only thing I could think of for towing with the Gladiator would be if I got a small car trailer and wanted to take my samurai somewhere and wheel it and my gladiator. Maybe also running somewhere far to grab and engine where the comfort and mileage would be better in the glad. But I have options so don't really need the gladiator to do heavy duty.

I was just looking at The icon 2.5" setup and they use springs and 1.5" spacers for the rear. I will see if piecing something together may be worth while. Mopar lift LCAs icon springs in the front and spacers and max tow springs out back with adjustable track bars. It would come in pretty cheap would fix the caster issues. I could add the clayton stuff later if I wanted to go higher. The adjustable upper arms would still work with the mopar lowers.

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Yeah the clayton looks good but adding shocks puts it up to close to 2k which isn't terrible but it is also pretty tall maybe higher than I would want.
Thanks for your interest! The kits are designed to really only provide about 1/2" more lift than advertised, the larger size tires however will provide an additional inch or two of height depending on what size you go with of course!
Sponsored