Lift questions/advice

NJhypebeast

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
What’s going on everyone. Was looking for some reccomendations/advice for my plans with my gladiator. I have a 2020 overland 6 speed manual. My plan is to do a small lift 2-3” and do 35’s. Don’t really plan on re-gearing. Essentially it will be a daily driver, not seeing much off road time and tbh I don’t plan on keeping the truck too long. Really want a cybertruck once they go into production. I don’t want to significantly sacrifice driveability since I will be using it day to day so just wanted some Suggestions and to see if I’m right from my searching.

So Rubicon takeoff will achieve around 1” Over stock?

MOPAR 2” I’ve seen mixed things depending on trim level. Would that achieve closer to 3” on my overland or is that true 2”

2” spacer lift, I see a bunch of mixed opinions anyone have any reccomendations for taking this route, would this pair well with my stock overland suspension or better with rubi takeoff + spacer. I know this is obviously more cost effective considering I don’t plan on keeping the truck long term, but I also wouldn’t want it to be a completely uncomfortable ride for 2 years or so.

I know throughout all the threads there’s tons of pics/combos of all of these setups, but if anyone wants to drop their pics and suggestions for me here I’d appreciate it.
Sponsored

JoseQ_80

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport 80th Anniversary Bright White
Occupation
Highway Engineer

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Given your stated objectives, and if you are pleased with how your Jeep rides now, I would recommend the AEV 2" spacer lift. If you want it more level, you could swap in Rubicon front springs. The Mopar front lower control arms are a good add-on to that to increase the caster just a bit. If you need increased performance over what you have stock, I would seek a more complete lift kit.

OP
OP

NJhypebeast

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Given your stated objectives, and if you are pleased with how your Jeep rides now, I would recommend the AEV 2" spacer lift. If you want it more level, you could swap in Rubicon front springs. The Mopar front lower control arms are a good add-on to that to increase the caster just a bit. If you need increased performance over what you have stock, I would seek a more complete lift kit.
Thanks for the response. So are you saying swapping rubicon suspension paired with it wouldn’t really do much expect level it out? I was under the assumption I’d see close to 1” from that alone, and then potentially 2” more with the spacer. Would I still benefit “performance” wise swapping full rubicon suspension + spacer considering The better shocks etc.
or is the spacer going to be where im sacrificing the performance/ride quality

Sponsored

Chance575

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C
Occupation
D
You actually think the cybertuck is going into production ??? Just order a rivian , they are actually rolling off the line

OP
OP

NJhypebeast

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
You actually think the cybertuck is going into production ??? Just order a rivian , they are actually rolling off the line
$30k more…the rivian’s are definitely nice vehicles, saw them at NY auto show, but I could wait it out. After driving a Tesla it completely changed my mind about EV’s though. That’s why I don’t mind putting a little money into this so I enjoy it while I have it

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
That's kind of what I was thinking lol. Either it will need to be severely compromised and way under deliver or it won't be made until 2024/2025 when technology has a chance of catching Up enough to deliver on at least some of the stated promises.

As for the lift, no lift 35s work fine if you won't off-road. If you want a lift just go with the rubi take offs for cheap and get the free inch.
Sponsored