First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Martial Arts Teacher /Semi-Retired
Anyone Line X (or Rhino) their fender flares. Have sarge green Rubicon with painted fender flares. Thinking of Line Xiang them black for contrasting look, protection, etc., Line X shop quoted me $400 to do all four. Rhino (Ziebart) quoted me $600.
Sponsored

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Anyone Line X (or Rhino) their fender flares. Have sarge green Rubicon with painted fender flares. Thinking of Line Xiang them black for contrasting look, protection, etc., Line X shop quoted me $400 to do all four. Rhino (Ziebart) quoted me $600.
Sell yours and buy black ones, or trade for black will save you money.

Osteodoc08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave
I’d be very specific in their attack plan. Are they removing and spraying or just taping off and spraying.

OP
OP
leopardprey

leopardprey

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I’d be very specific in their attack plan. Are they removing and spraying or just taping off and spraying.
Removing and spraying

Sponsored

OP
OP
leopardprey

leopardprey

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Sell yours and buy black ones, or trade for black will save you money.
Hey if u want to be different line x does color match
I specifically want black to break up the body color/contrast. Probably wound face preferred to buy with black but the one they had on the lot had everything else I wanted and took $9000 off msrp. So figured either live with the painted flares, do kind of like them, or swap out or lineX.

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
If I were doing this I'd try to find an extra set to experiment with. Since you're getting them covered anyway, the donor set could be any color and even have scratches.

Osteodoc08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave
I personally prefer Line-X with their UV top coat. If they’re both removing and spraying and putting back, go for whichever you want.

Other members have made good suggestions to find a donor set in case you:
1. Can sell your painted ones to off set the cost of customization.
2. Trade or sell.
3. Don’t like it

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I used the Rustoleum brand spray bedliner on mine to cover up the scrapes. It worked well. You just have to do light coats to avoid it building up too fast.

58EFC283-130B-47A7-ACC3-B045C3E6E02A.jpeg

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
I specifically want black to break up the body color/contrast. Probably wound face preferred to buy with black but the one they had on the lot had everything else I wanted and took $9000 off msrp. So figured either live with the painted flares, do kind of like them, or swap out or lineX.
I mean trade your painted for the black ones, or sell yours and buy rugged ridge or quadratic high lines. Your painted ones are worth money so no need to ruin the paint job on those when you could basically swap and come out ahead.

RatZer0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JT
Occupation
Manufacturing Stellantis
I did this on my last JKU after numerous Jeeps and every plastic part fading over time. Had matte black Line X with UV protection applied by a local company that specialized in Line X applications. They removed the fenders, prepped and did the application. The guy I worked with mentioned that it's important to tape off the side that touches the body as it adds enough extra width that reinstall is a problem when the clips won't lock.
Sponsored