Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
As you can see i the one Pic it does not line up the best with passenger grab handle. It is taking some time to get use to it. There is alot i like about it but some things i dont most minor but still bugs me. Like if you hit the power button to turn A/C off you cant hit it to turn it on, the bar at top of screen you hit to go into EQ settings looks like cell signal bars, a few other things that could be fixed with a software uodate. Only things that could from an update is the fit around the grab handle and i think the lights around the too knobs a little bright. Wife doesnt think so but i do. I would love to find someone with the Stinger Hieghten to compare. Got a felling that is they way i would have went if was able to demo 1st. But i do like the radio

20210402_125929.jpg

20210402_125921.jpg

20210402_125915.jpg
Have you had any issues with your A/C with this unit? Does it retain all of the factory functions?? I have to run my A/C in auto all of the time for it to work properly. Thanks again for all of your responses!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Jack Coleman

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2016 JKUR
Have you had any issues with your A/C with this unit? Does it retain all of the factory functions?? I have to run my A/C in auto all of the time for it to work properly. Thanks again for all of your responses!
Mine is a manual AC does not have auto climate controlls. Only thing i dont like about the AC controlls. Is you can hit the power button to turn it off but not to turn it back on. To turn it on i have to hit fan button or vent settings but thats not really an issue more of a prefrence

OP
OP

Jack Coleman

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2016 JKUR
Also there is settings in radio to tell it whar features your has like heated seats, backup sensors, AC controls etc

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Also there is settings in radio to tell it whar features your has like heated seats, backup sensors, AC controls etc
Awesome! Thanks!! Thats one of the issues I'm concerned with because my A/C has been pretty sketchy.

Jiggachina

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator mojave
Occupation
Hvac technician
I have got the backup camera fixed. Called their tech support which helped me fix it quickly was Installer error.

So far I'm loving the unit
Anybody considering one I can try to give so insight

On start up it takes 28 sec to full boot. It uses an App call phonelink for Car-Play and Android Auto. Car-Play takes about 14 seconds to connect with Android Auto being little quicker. I'm using radio tethered to an Android phone with Apps downloaded directly to radio. I will say I do not recommended getting the Igo Map upgrade they offer for $100. I did and it's not worth it. Using Waze unless I have no cell reception, I use Google maps in offline mode. Takes a minute to get use to it and learn to navigate the menus.

I tried connecting to a BT OBD2 adapter but it only sypport one way BT connections. So I have oreder a WIFI and a USB OBD to see if I can get it to work that way. Hopefully things like Torque or Jscan will work.
All the Factory USB plugs work for USB drives or charging but not Car-Play or Android Auto. I does have a port for that the website suggest running to glove box. I ordered a usb plug to replace the 12 volt socket on dash the works and doesn't look out of place
I did order the DVR camera they offered. It is a usb camera that is controlled by radio it also adds the ADAS alerts (lane departure warnings, collision warnings, stop and go traffic ) this is easly turned off.

All the wires that came with it looked intimidating at 1st and no install manuel but all plug and play. Comes with an external mic, GPS antenna and a wifi antenna.

Now I got to find options for speakers
Hello, I'm having the same issue with the back up camera not working can you please tell me what was actually wrong. I have the same unit.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jack Coleman

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2016 JKUR
Hello, I'm having the same issue with the back up camera not working can you please tell me what was actually wrong. I have the same unit.
Sorry just seeing question there is 2 connections for camera from unit. One labled as back up camera. Do not use this one. Use the other. I dont remeber how it is labled but doesnt same camera. If need more ifo i cN pull radio and look at lable

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered on Prime Day for $1039!! Should be able to get it installed next week.

Screenshot_20210624-091921_Amazon Shopping.jpg

booneja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport (hers) and Overland (His)
Occupation
RCAF Veteran/ Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Any issues for the SXM? as I see there is no readily avail button for it, or is it encapsulated in the radio function on the touch screen?

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Any issues for the SXM? as I see there is no readily avail button for it, or is it encapsulated in the radio function on the touch screen?
There is not a connection for SXM. I had an android head unit on my JK and just used the SXM app on my phone - I believe it will be the same with this unit. That is one of the drawbacks but it also enables me to cancel my subscription and save a little $$.

Sponsored

booneja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport (hers) and Overland (His)
Occupation
RCAF Veteran/ Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
There is not a connection for SXM. I had an android head unit on my JK and just used the SXM app on my phone - I believe it will be the same with this unit. That is one of the drawbacks but it also enables me to cancel my subscription and save a little $$.
In Canada the SXM subscription is cheaper than mobile data charges, so not getting this unit now, oh well, maybe in future 2022+ models Jeep will integrate the RAM touch screen (12") and be 100% factory fitment....not holding my breath though.....I figure if they can get it in the RAM, they should be able to get it in the Jeep linup

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Nice, just remember when installing there is 2 inputs for backup camera. Only one will work.
Finally got it jnstalled!! I tried both cam inputs but neither of them worked - I guess it'll hafta wait until Tuesday cause it think they took off early today...I have not been overly impressed with their customer service at this point either but I love the unit!!

Last edited:

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Nice, just remember when installing there is 2 inputs for backup camera. Only one will work.
Hey @Jack Coleman, I'm not having much luck with Linkswell's customer service. I called them multiple times last Thurs-Friday and could never get a tech on the phone. Today, I told them I was getting frustrated and would just hold...I sat on hold for 20 mins and then was disconnected promptly at 4pm their time and now they won't answer!! Can u by chance remember which input you used for the backup camera?

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Hey @Jack Coleman, I'm not having much luck with Linkswell's customer service. I called them multiple times last Thurs-Friday and could never get a tech on the phone. Today, I told them I was getting frustrated and would just hold...I sat on hold for 20 mins and then was disconnected promptly at 4pm their time and now they won't answer!! Can u by chance remember which input you used for the backup camera?
Nevermind, I found a post about it on the JL wrangler forum. It's the red factory plug, not the turquoise one. Camera is working like a champ now. Linkswells cs kinda sux

OP
OP

Jack Coleman

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2016 JKUR
Nevermind, I found a post about it on the JL wrangler forum. It's the red factory plug, not the turquoise one. Camera is working like a champ now. Linkswells cs kinda sux
sorry didnt see post, yea i made the same mistake, i havent talked with Linksyswell coustomer service, i bought thur ADP mobile and they are the ones who helped me
Sponsored