Location of speakers

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
And in this shot, you can see the 8.4 screen with a Media option as a source. Our 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee has the same thing. I have a bunch of music on an SD Card, and that's in a slot in one of the cubbies:
2018-jeep-wrangler-212.jpg
Sponsored

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can someone tell me where all of the speakers are located? I doubt that any would be in the doors since the doors are removeable. And I know at least 2 would be in the dash and at least 2 would be in the roll bar. And I know that there is a bass speaker in the center behind the back seat. So I just wonder where the rest of them are. Thanks to advise.
Also, for the OP. Here's an image from jeep.com that shows the JL locations. These are probably all the same, with the exception of the sub, which I think in the JT is behind the rear seat behind the driver?
2018-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-Interior-Premium-Audio-img.jpg.image.1440.jpg

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Here is a picture with the flap up. USB C and A...
2018-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-Interior-USB-Ports-And-Media-Hub.jpg.image.1440.jpg
so you can just load up your favorite cds onto a media drive and play from that........sweet.

Its taking me a long time to adopt the new way of music. If Pandora was built into my dash I would love or. Or if I could just say "ok google, play Simon and Garfunkle" i would be set. But our van makes you plug in your phone in order to do voice commands with android auto and i just hasn't spent the time screwing with it to make it easiest for me. So i just listen to Octane on Sirius XM.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Also, for the OP. Here's an image from jeep.com that shows the JL locations. These are probably all the same, with the exception of the sub, which I think in the JT is behind the rear seat behind the driver?
2018-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-Interior-Premium-Audio-img.jpg.image.1440.jpg
i think the sub is behind rear seat middle next to the optional bluetooth speaker on passenger side rear.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so you can just load up your favorite cds onto a media drive and play from that........sweet.

Its taking me a long time to adopt the new way of music. If Pandora was built into my dash I would love or. Or if I could just say "ok google, play Simon and Garfunkle" i would be set. But our van makes you plug in your phone in order to do voice commands with android auto and i just hasn't spent the time screwing with it to make it easiest for me. So i just listen to Octane on Sirius XM.
Right. And if the media on the thumb drive has names and is organized well, the radio does a good job of helping you navigate it. I believe the uconnect voice commands even work with finding artists and albums, don’t quote me. I’ll try it in the grand Cherokee tomorrow.

One thing I am thinking tho... it has one USB C and one A... I wonder if CarPlay and Android auto work only on one of those two... hopefully you could have a thumb drive and still use CarPlay or android auto.

Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link

Outlaw Country!

Or Spa!

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Right. And if the media on the thumb drive has names and is organized well, the radio does a good job of helping you navigate it. I believe the uconnect voice commands even work with finding artists and albums, don’t quote me. I’ll try it in the grand Cherokee tomorrow.

One thing I am thinking tho... it has one USB C and one A... I wonder if CarPlay and Android auto work only on one of those two... hopefully you could have a thumb drive and still use CarPlay or android auto.
well unfortunately the JT only has android audio, not Auto.....lol

upload_2019-3-24_22-46-14.png

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
????

Are these Simon and Garfunkle songs? I searched wikipedia and didn't see them listed.
If you are flipping through your Sirius and want to get right or go slow, try em!

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you are flipping through your Sirius and want to get right or go slow, try em!
ohhh sirius stations, I'll give em a shot, apparently there are like 8 more octane stations, but only available online.....who listens to sirius xm online?

Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
ohhh sirius stations, I'll give em a shot, apparently there are like 8 more octane stations, but only available online.....who listens to sirius xm online?
People in cubicles?

Actually it might be better to get the Sirius from factory for the antenna

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
People in cubicles?

Actually it might be better to get the Sirius from factory for the antenna
I prefer pandora or google music over Sirius.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I prefer pandora or google music over Sirius.
Well. 707. I'm told by my overseas contacts that Jeep has designed in secret something they'll unveil only in Barbados later in the JT birth cycle! It is called a plug. With it. One may do most anything with something that will plug in! Now, sadly, those from the southern portion of our continent, you know how tough it is for Jeep's south of the equator. All that opposite turning coreolis business really puts the kaboosh into GPS, causes the whole control system to twerk wildly!?! Anyhow, with modern phones those blokes are expected to not even connect to the jeep. They simply use their own phone and wazzool, music! Or phone! Or text! Or internet. Frightful. I'll share more when I have it confirmed. I'm currently questioning one of my sources. Continentally yours, Fivers

jeep-renegade-vs-competitors-oct-14.jpg

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well. 707. I'm told by my overseas contacts that Jeep has designed in secret something they'll unveil only in Barbados later in the JT birth cycle! It is called a plug. With it. One may do most anything with something that will plug in! Now, sadly, those from the southern portion of our continent, you know how tough it is for Jeep's south of the equator. All that opposite turning coreolis business really puts the kaboosh into GPS, causes the whole control system to twerk wildly!?! Anyhow, with modern phones those blokes are expected to not even connect to the jeep. They simply use their own phone and wazzool, music! Or phone! Or text! Or internet. Frightful. I'll share more when I have it confirmed. I'm currently questioning one of my sources. Continentally yours, Fivers

jeep-renegade-vs-competitors-oct-14.jpg
yeah!.....right!......a plug to connect your phone to your car. I'll believe that when i see a PLYWOOD unicorn!

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
yeah!.....right!......a plug to connect your phone to your car. I'll believe that when i see a PLYWOOD unicorn!
Challenge accepted. We need bigger problems. JT angst is def an FWP. Here ya go...

bdf897e3-5cab-4c69-a6d9-2d5dd682f95a_1.35a898e15c02422fd7a59a7b332ae350.png

Modern-Woodern-Kids-Unicornl-Wall-Clock5.jpg

il_fullxfull.935008242_9zqa.jpg

5f6a0d6f044b3e8c752b14953f80a43b.jpg
Sponsored