swampy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Willys Wheeler Wrangler, JT Sport S ordered
Hey everyone,

The easiest and cheapest upgrade I did to my JK was opening up the speaker housing and stuffing it with polyfill. This helped increase the quality of the sound quite a bit. I ended up upgrading the base speakers (non-premium) with kickers as well.

Do the JLs and JTs have the same empty space, especially in the sound bar? Wasn’t sure if anyone has looked inside and had a frame of reference yet. I got the alpine speakers on my Sport S order but I did not get the Bluetooth speaker. Thanks!
Sponsored

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red LE, 2012 JKUR Call of Duty, 1967 M715 (military Gladiator)
Vehicle Showcase
The JT audio is so much better than my JK. The sound bar and everything is different. I don’t think there is a need for the polyfill stuffing. The Bluetooth speaker isn’t part of the cabin audio. It is just for outside use with your phone or whatever. You aren’t missing anything inside speaker-wise. I’d say skip this one and move on to your next mod.

Enjoy

BrandRezake

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Controls Engineer/Entertainment Program Manager
Hey everyone,

The easiest and cheapest upgrade I did to my JK was opening up the speaker housing and stuffing it with polyfill. This helped increase the quality of the sound quite a bit. I ended up upgrading the base speakers (non-premium) with kickers as well.

Do the JLs and JTs have the same empty space, especially in the sound bar? Wasn’t sure if anyone has looked inside and had a frame of reference yet. I got the alpine speakers on my Sport S order but I did not get the Bluetooth speaker. Thanks!
I haven't opened it up to look in there yet, but I can just barely hear that "hollow" sound that I remember prior to polyfilling my JK soundbar. I have the premium upgrade in my JTR and while it sounds really good, as I can imagine I will eventually want to stuff this one the same way.

OP
OP

swampy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I haven't opened it up to look in there yet, but I can just barely hear that "hollow" sound that I remember prior to polyfilling my JK soundbar. I have the premium upgrade in my JTR and while it sounds really good, as I can imagine I will eventually want to stuff this one the same way.
Cool, thanks for weighing in. Cheap and easy upgrade. I figured that would be the case and of course my mind is racing with everything related to the gladiator while I wait. Glad to hear you dig the premium upgrade too

OP
OP

swampy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The JT audio is so much better than my JK. The sound bar and everything is different. I don’t think there is a need for the polyfill stuffing. The Bluetooth speaker isn’t part of the cabin audio. It is just for outside use with your phone or whatever. You aren’t missing anything inside speaker-wise. I’d say skip this one and move on to your next mod.

Enjoy
Sweet glad to hear it’s better! Going from JK base audio to JT premium should be a nice change of pace!

Sponsored

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red LE, 2012 JKUR Call of Duty, 1967 M715 (military Gladiator)
Vehicle Showcase
Sweet glad to hear it’s better! Going from JK base audio to JT premium should be a nice change of pace!
There is no comparison. It will be a great change of pace.

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The sound at and such have been redesigned over the years. My 2012 was still more of a hollow box than the newer systems which have more reinforcement and isolation. It is my understanding that they have engineered pods into the system. Interesting what will be found when a JT system gets opened up.
Sponsored