Sponsored

LOD Offroad Signature Series Rock Sliders!

Should LOD Offroad produce their Signature Series Rock Sliders for the Gladiator?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
2nd that, why the opposition to Rivnuts?

Please elaborate. The installation of Nemesis Industries aluminum fender flares and tub (body) armor on my former 2014 JKUR required their use. Had no problems whatsoever with them. Sure, it's an extra step that requires patience/skill to get it done right, and if I didn't have to do it I wouldn't. But I also would not pass on a product I really wanted based on rvnuts alone.
There's almost no good reason to use rivnuts/nutserts for products like step sliders (and most products) IMO (this is my opinion). Sometimes you have no other good choice but for step sliders/side steps, there are better options. Hell, I'd sooner weld the things on than use nutserts/rivnuts.

Rivnuts/nutserts don't always work and they will sometimes spin around. To do right you should use a tool (yes, I know you can DIY the tool - just another reason to stay away from them).

Been there, done that. Won't do it again. IMO of course :like:
Sponsored

Mac Attack

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will be buying Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Whatever you want...I can supervise!
I have to outfit my rig with some have to's but that leads me to some need to's...probably like most of you. I am very concerned about the ultimate weight of my vehicle, so I gotta go with aluminum. Am looking for a package from same manufacturer, that contains; front and rear bumpers, fenders, and side steps/rocker guards that look somewhat made for each other, i.e. integrated.

AC_1960

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
Civil Engineer
There's almost no good reason to use rivnuts/nutserts for products like step sliders
Gotta agree with you on that point! Sliders should be bolted either to the frame (preferred) or at least to the original rock slider mounting locations.

I have to outfit my rig with some have to's but that leads me to some need to's...probably like most of you. I am very concerned about the ultimate weight of my vehicle, so I gotta go with aluminum. Am looking for a package from same manufacturer, that contains; front and rear bumpers, fenders, and side steps/rocker guards that look somewhat made for each other, i.e. integrated.
Nemesis Industries (https://nem-ind.com/) has all aluminum products, although right now they only have fender flares and a couple front bumpers available for the JT (and you have to use the dreaded Rivnuts to install the fenders :( - see posts above). If that doesn't bother you, you could combine the aforementioned products with the LoD Armor Lite steps for an all-aluminum solution. Just a thought...

Alaska-HWY JK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Rubicon LJ 2007 JKU 2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Any update on the Signature Series?

Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hard to say right now, designs are drawn up but we have not built prototype yet. Maybe late fall or winter for a prototype.
I appreciate you have a business to run and other priorities but we're talking about a product that you guys know backwards and forwards - you've produced many of them for a variety of different Wranglers (JK's, JL's, 2 and 4 door versions). How hard can it be, really, to produce a variant of the JL Wrangler 4 door for a Gladiator?!

If you wait long enough maybe you'll have the CAD files for the Bronco and you can spend time working on those products instead :headbang:

It's all good - it's your company and your products and I'm a fan who's tired of waiting

GladMojave

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave
Occupation
USPS
Don’t see these on your site yet. Any idea when they will be available?

Sponsored

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Nope not really. They are still on the table but other projects continue to take priority.
Like a rear destroyer bumper with a spare tire carrier on either side of said bumper? :like:

Status
Not open for further replies.