Sponsored

Longest road trip you've taken in your Gladiator?

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Disabled Military Retired
Two years ago after EJS I drove from Moab, Utah to Williamsburg, Virginia straight only stopping for gas and snacks, just shy of 2,100 miles and I think we did it in 36 hours. No complaints from the rig at all! Here are actual photos from that drive, 4" lift and 35s loaded down with 2 weeks worth of camping gear.

Side note, I love driving. I did this all myself with no codriver to swap with. I do not recommend it for safety/fatigue reasons. I was a Master Driver Instructor in the Army and might actually be insane. We left Moab after dinner and drove through the night, the sunlight the next day kept me awake, by the time it was dark again we were already home.

Jeep Gladiator Longest road trip you've taken in your Gladiator? 0324211013a_HDR

Jeep Gladiator Longest road trip you've taken in your Gladiator? 0324211014_HDR
Sponsored

drewcnit

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S, Bright White
Occupation
IT Geek and Data Nerd
My current truck is also a Ram 1500. It's like driving a sofa down the road. I don't expect the Gladiator to match it. I've driven 3/4 ton trucks long distances before and a stiffer ride is ok with me, I just want the seat to not wear my butt out, and to not have to constantly fight the vehicle, so to speak. My wife has a little sport sedan, and it's got a nice ride the but seat is made of concrete blocks and hatred, so after about 4 hours I've got dead ass. I've owned Cherokees (the XJ version) and Grand Cherokees, but never a Wrangler or Gladiator.

Sadly one of the worst ways to kill enthusiasm for any new vehicle is to read forums about it and see the problems people are having out of the gate. All manufacturers put out lemons, and it's tough to get an idea of how wide spread issues actually are but the complaints about dead batteries with the dual set up and eating cams is also a bit of a negative.
I traded a 2019 Challenger for the Gladiator and honestly prefer the seat in the Gladiator.
I would say for long highway drives a dead pedal is almost a necessity though.

OP
OP

ILikeYourHat

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford, Ram, Chevy
Occupation
Government drone
If you really want good highway manners, the Overland might be a better idea (regular P series tires would cut down on road noise, too).
That would sort of defeat the purpose though. The goal is to take long trips and be able to do moderate off-road trails/service roads during the trip. Else I'd buy something less of a compromise for on road use, like a Cayenne or similar.

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
That would sort of defeat the purpose though. The goal is to take long trips and be able to do moderate off-road trails/service roads during the trip. Else I'd buy something less of a compromise for on road use, like a Cayenne or similar.
Then go buy a JTR or JTM. For the stated purpose, it would be great.

Sponsored

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
800 miles in one day from Atlanta area to Houston which was like 13 hours with stops. That whole trip was Outer Banks to Houston…1,400 miles. I was comfortable the entire time except for the first 2 hours or so because of the heavy wind.

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
Two years ago after EJS I drove from Moab, Utah to Williamsburg, Virginia straight only stopping for gas and snacks, just shy of 2,100 miles and I think we did it in 36 hours. No complaints from the rig at all! Here are actual photos from that drive, 4" lift and 35s loaded down with 2 weeks worth of camping gear.

Side note, I love driving. I did this all myself with no codriver to swap with. I do not recommend it for safety/fatigue reasons. I was a Master Driver Instructor in the Army and might actually be insane. We left Moab after dinner and drove through the night, the sunlight the next day kept me awake, by the time it was dark again we were already home.

I’m the same way man…I love driving. If someone told me I had to get up and drive tomorrow from Houston to Deadhorse, AK, I would be beside myself with excitement lol.

Edit: I re-read your post and saw that you did that alone. 36 hours! You are crazy 😂

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Disabled Military Retired
I’m the same way man…I love driving. If someone told me I had to get up and drive tomorrow from Houston to Deadhorse, AK, I would be beside myself with excitement lol.

Edit: I re-read your post and saw that you did that alone. 36 hours! You are crazy 😂
I had company but they didn't drive haha.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Whether hard top/freedom top or soft top, the interior noise volume is going to be higher than pretty much any other vehicle in the segment (captain obvious there).
Headliners help.

The Crusader

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JTSD.
Occupation
Field Engineer
Dallas to Dover round trip. 2900 miles + about 300 local miles.

950 miles in one day on the way home. Northern VA to Southwest of Little Rock AR. 27.5 mpg in diesel.

Sponsored

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
Headliners help.
I’ve heard that, but I’d lose some real estate above my head (I’m tall).

Just thought I’d throw that out there, as it’s a common complaint in reviews (whether that’s a reasonable complaint or not is probably open to debate).

FREEZE451

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave | 2021 Grand Cherokee L
Can't recall an extract trip, but I put 40k miles on my Rubicon in 2 years, traded for a Mojave that now had 10k (2" lift and 37s) and I would pick the Mojave any day for riding quality.

Dan in Pasadena

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I'm leaving tomorrow morning driving from Glendora, CA to Seattle, WA and back again at the end of the week. So I'm about to find out just how comfortable or uncomfortable that long a trip will be. 1,156 miles one way so over 2,300 miles round trip. I'm not doing it in one sitting. I could but there's no reason to rush.

I'm helping a family member move all his stuff to Southern California. We'll be caravanning. Me towing a fully loaded 16 ft enclosed trailer and him towing a vintage canned ham travel trailer with his 4Runner.

My 2020 Rubicon is completely stock. The trailer weighs 2200 lbs I'm told. We'll get the whole rig weighed before leaving but I expect it to come in at just about 5500 lbs.

I'll take pictures and maybe post them here.

Last edited:

Brahmajoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Law
I’m sure others have done more, but 7hrs nonstop (except gas) PA to CT. No complaints at all.
Same here, but reversed. Your arms get tired keeping it in the lane for sure
Sponsored