Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tesla Model Y; 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Did a month long camping/road trip during the height of the pandemic where I almost went coast to coast. Started in New Orleans, LA went out to San Francisco, CA and ended in Panama City, FL; a little over 5,000 miles in all - Adderall's a helluva drug lol
Sponsored

Eventyr_JT

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
IBEW Electrician
I did a trip from Charlotte, NC to outside Atlanta, GA. Down on Friday afternoon, camped out, drove back Saturday. 530.7 miles. About 4.5 hours in one push on the way back. Totally comfortable ride. Kind of loud with MT tires and a soft top.

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: TJx2, JKx1, JKUx1
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
We decided to do a single return push from Amelia Island FL back home here in the Pocono mountains for X-Mas. Right at 900 miles. Left at 2am to avoid traffic and allow our two boys to sleep. Truck did great but I’m so thankful we slapped seat jackers in a week beforehand. Wind noise with the RTT was annoying but mostly due to not being able to crank music. Coverking top liner w/ sound deadening mat inbound, installing this weekend as part of our Yellowstone trip prep.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
I do regular trips between Raleigh and TN or Atlanta (6-7 hrs each way). It’s very comfortable. I hated roadtrips before the new steering gear, but it’s great on the hwy now. I literally just drove from Chattanooga to Atlanta pulling a fully loaded uhaul 5x8 and a bed full of stuff in the rain and it was very comfortable then also.

Dragonfly

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Mojave, '22 GC Trailhawk 4xe
Occupation
Education
We traveled from Springfield Missouri to Albuquerque New Mexico (845 miles/over 12 hours) in one day! Surprising, it was very comfortable in the Mojave.

Sponsored

3VOLVE

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2019 JLUR
Wife and I drove from Harrisburg Pa to Key West Fl stopping only for gas and bathroom breaks. It took us just over 22 hours and was just over 1300 miles. I drove about 3/4 of the trip and it wasn't that bad. Not sure that I would do it again though.
Coral Springs, FL
From miami to new jersey in 1 and a half day like 14 hour driving first day
I have driven and ridden a motorcycle from Northern VA to Key West and back multiple times and would like to recommend the Amtrak’s Auto Train (which travels non-stop from Lorton VA to Sanford FL and back to Lorton VA) if your in a hurry or to save some seat time.

Sunset 2025

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Austin to Knoxville - 1009 miles (~16 hrs). Multiple times in the Gladiator. Family of 4. The last trip, the back seaters decided to Fly. Worked out well for me - much less 'road' noise from the back seat area.

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
I went from Fredericksburg VA to Frostburg MD and then Abingdon VA. It was about 600 miles. I love this truck.

ElDirector

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
We got the JT specifically for road trips. Does reasonable on the highway, and can still explore the backwoods when we get there. Lots of 4-hour day trips. Longest is 12 from here to Maine. We have done several 6-8 hour trips. Limiting factor is wife and kiddo. I don't mind the drive one bit.

Trying to talk the family into a multi-week excursion out west. THAT will involve some highway time.

Sponsored

piroman683

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gladiator
Used my JT as a Chase truck for the Baja 1000, over 2200 miles during that. Then right after I did a 7500 mile cross country trip which included 300 miles of off roading in Moab and Sedona. Had slave cylinder issues with my clutch the whole time but it was still drivable. At 85mph on 37's I got 15mpg, at 70mph I was getting 18.5, but with head wind I was getting 17

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
Last week round tripped to Moab from Huntsville, AL. 24 driving distance each way, only issue was a tire out of balance...

alpineovernappa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTSS 3.0 & 2006 LJ 6mt
I’ve driven straight from DC to the Florida panhandle- 981 miles in one day, three fuel stops. The gladiator seats are better than the JK platform, but I still wish they would relocate the airbags so we had aftermarket choices (like scheel-Mann). It’s been on a few 3k mile trips in under a week and will get a 16,000 mile trip this fall (not in one day 🤣). Overall I’m happy with the gladiator seats. Wish list: active cooling in seats and vibrate/massage function. For now I’ll keep using my $60 Amazon heated and massaging seat cover

arskemp

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sarge Green Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT
I bought mine new in Idaho and immediately drove it back home after signing the paperwork (about 600 miles). Left my home for my flight at 5 am and got back in at about 1 am the following day.

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
About 900mi to Jackson, WY. Then a 775mi to Yellowstone. Next up is a 500+ mi trip to Glacier and possibly ~900 to Moab.
Sponsored