Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I was very happy with my basic 18v Ridgid kit: (impact driver, hammer drill, circular saw) which served admirably for many years of hard, daily use, when they were stolen.
At that point I decided to cut the cord and go completely battery and the only readily available mfr with a wide assortment of construction specialty tools was Milwaukee so I bought into them. They are a decent product that in many cases, as they chase industry leading top performance numbers, the practical application suffers. One time this came into stark reality was when I borrowed a customer's Ryobi impact driver. I've never been happy with my top model impact driver because its performance can best be described as spastic (but they got the highest IPMs!) but the Ryobi put their R&D into actually driving the screws and you can tell.

I have a brushless Milwaukee mid-size ½" drive impact thinking that with an advertised 450lbs it would be more than adequate for my needs. Wouldn't even run the leveler down on an 18' camper! Another huge let down.

Like the older Milwaukee corded Hole Hawgs: if you were drilling vertically with anything 2⁹/¹⁶ or larger and you didn't brace it and it grabbed, you were going along for a short, usually painful ride.
[/QUOTE]
I inherited a Rockwell drill from my father it's a wrist breaker 450 rpm. It's wrapped me up a few times the second handle is a 1 in pipe thread. Unluckily the impact wrench I got to died from years of use, it was a beast breaking any bolts loose until it quit working. No plastic in them heavy S.O.B. both of them.

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
Well I gotta do something. My Husky 800 lb pneumatic ain't getting it done on my mower blades since I cleaned up my woods trails a couple of weeks ago and "engaged" some saplings and stumps.

Apparently there was a Smurf as well 🤷🏻‍♂️😂

Jeep Gladiator Looking at getting an impact wrench PXL_20221112_140319552

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't see Rigid on there.
Bottom left. Ridgid. Not Rigid.

There seems to be 2 tiers to their tools. There are the general purpose cordless tools sold at Home Depot.

Then there are their pro level pro-press and pex tools as well as their US made pipe threading tools.

I may be wrong about the break down, but there is a huge difference in quality between the cordless drills sold by HD and the cordless pro-press/pex tools sold at plumbing supply houses.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Bottom left. Ridgid. Not Rigid.

There seems to be 2 tiers to their tools. There are the general purpose cordless tools sold at Home Depot.

Then there are their pro level pro-press and pex tools as well as their US made pipe threading tools.

I may be wrong about the break down, but there is a huge difference in quality between the cordless drills sold by HD and the cordless pro-press/pex tools sold at plumbing supply houses.
Most tool manufactures make 2 levels of tools. The basic home tools you get at Lowes, Home Depot etc. These usually have plastic gears. The Pro level have metal gears and stronger materials. We have a local hardware store that sold the pro level tools until it switched it to ACE Hardware and they quit selling them. I found this out a few years ago when I talked to the owner before he died. I asked why his prices were always higher, and he explained.
Sponsored