Sponsored

Anyone Else Really Like Looking at Your Parked Rig?

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I walk to my garage randomly just to sneak a peak. When I walk in to work, I think I turn around every time to just look at her. I’ve never had a vehicle that I’ve enjoyed this much. The angles, the color, the capabilities, the history, and how much my son and daughter get jazzed up about her...

This vehicle isn’t for everyone (I’ve got a cousin who can’t stand the look), and I kind of like that. It’s been fun though literally having someone follow me in to a gas station to take a look and ask questions, having other Jeepers come up and chat about the JT or just getting the good old Jeep wave (it feels great to be back in a Jeep again. I had a ‘98 wrangler sport years ago).
I also enjoy seeing pictures that people share here and sharing ideas. When I had my previous Jeep, I didn’t realize what a tight knit and friendly community that this was. I don’t think you can get that anywhere else.

Here’s the view I get from the entrance to my garage and when I walk away from her in to work .

4C0D1915-71CF-49D5-9714-57FBF92103C1.jpeg

29396A82-CACE-408A-8559-0E33E3FFB1C5.jpeg
Really like the look of that bumper a lot. Glad since I have one in a box waiting to install and got it mostly because of the price and the weight wasn't to bad. How hard was the install on this?

jmeyer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Really like the look of that bumper a lot. Glad since I have one in a box waiting to install and got it mostly because of the price and the weight wasn't to bad. How hard was the install on this?
I wish I could tell you how hard the install was. I had a local shop install it when they put my wheels on. I wish I would have done it myself like I’ve done the rest of my updates.

Last edited:

jmeyer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Love the clean look of that bumper - the color and sheen looks great against the red. Nice.

Also gives me thoughts of how I can jazz up my Overland to look a bit "tougher"
Besides looking, I love sitting in it and use any excuse, even volunteer to run errands for my wife - she's got to be suspicious!
glad you like it. For me the main upgrades I wanted to do were tires to be able to off road and handle all weather better than the stock tires, wheels and bumper & winch (again for off roading and emergencies / help people out).

I love my overland and if I start off roading a lot, then I would consider a Rubicon or just upgrading the necessary components myself. It’s been fun customizing this to me, but having a Rubicon would be nice I’m sure

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
glad you like it. For me the main upgrades I wanted to do were tires to be able to off road and handle all weather better than the stock tires, wheels and bumper & winch (again for off roading and emergencies / help people out).

I love my overland and if I start off roading a lot, then I would consider a Rubicon or just upgrading the necessary components myself. It’s been fun customizing this to me, but having a Rubicon would be nice I’m sure
I do honestly like that - how it looks and the fact you are doing an Overland.
I chatted with the accessories guy at a dealership - I told him of my thoughts on swapping out springs, leveling it a bit (too much rake - I like some in a truck, especially when I put a 400 pound trailer tongue on it, but these rake a bit much for me - I may change my mind later)
And I mentioned max tow axles....... his comment and he said this is their actual experience because, and I wish I had known this about them before I ordered or I may have gone through them - they are one of the few dealers here who get new Jeeps in and modify them right there - Wranglers with decent lift, steps, you name it - then they put them on the lot and sell modded Jeeps.
Anyway, he did say if I swapped axles and had a problem with one - no warranty on the axle. If I put max tow suspension and axles under it and took out a rear axle bearing - NO warranty. The rest of the vehicle warranty would be fine but they only warrant what comes with that VIN.
So - can't swap some parts without losing the associated warranty. Even if I got take-offs from a 100 mile max tow sport - no warranty on the axles.
IF I ordered new from Jeep and they installed them, then yes, I'd have warranty on the axles and their work.

Anyway, my main goal is also better tires to handle Iowa winters, ice and snow, and to tow my car hauler (under 5,000 pounds) but I still wouldn't mind beefing it up in some ways.
I'll be trying to keep an eye on your JT and what you do......

jmeyer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
I do honestly like that - how it looks and the fact you are doing an Overland.
I chatted with the accessories guy at a dealership - I told him of my thoughts on swapping out springs, leveling it a bit (too much rake - I like some in a truck, especially when I put a 400 pound trailer tongue on it, but these rake a bit much for me - I may change my mind later)
And I mentioned max tow axles....... his comment and he said this is their actual experience because, and I wish I had known this about them before I ordered or I may have gone through them - they are one of the few dealers here who get new Jeeps in and modify them right there - Wranglers with decent lift, steps, you name it - then they put them on the lot and sell modded Jeeps.
Anyway, he did say if I swapped axles and had a problem with one - no warranty on the axle. If I put max tow suspension and axles under it and took out a rear axle bearing - NO warranty. The rest of the vehicle warranty would be fine but they only warrant what comes with that VIN.
So - can't swap some parts without losing the associated warranty. Even if I got take-offs from a 100 mile max tow sport - no warranty on the axles.
IF I ordered new from Jeep and they installed them, then yes, I'd have warranty on the axles and their work.

Anyway, my main goal is also better tires to handle Iowa winters, ice and snow, and to tow my car hauler (under 5,000 pounds) but I still wouldn't mind beefing it up in some ways.
I'll be trying to keep an eye on your JT and what you do......

Interesting on upgrading the towing capability. I honestly hadn't thought about that as I don't ever tow and don't see myself doing that in the near future.

Any idea what it would take to upgrade for lockers and disconnecting axels for off-roading? I haven't looked into that yet.

Stickyteflon

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2015 Cherokee Trail Hawk, 2019 MX5 RF GTS
Vehicle Showcase
I wish I could tell you how hard the install was. I had a local shop install it when they put my wheels on. I wish I would have done it myself like I’ve done the rest of my updates.
It was kind of a pain in the butt to put together. You really need an extra pair of hands. You can do it yourself but it would go much easier with a helper.
FB99E505-EDFC-4802-9CBA-B79AACEB83D9.jpeg

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting on upgrading the towing capability. I honestly hadn't thought about that as I don't ever tow and don't see myself doing that in the near future.

Any idea what it would take to upgrade for lockers and disconnecting axels for off-roading? I haven't looked into that yet.
"axle swaps" (complete differential/axle assembly swap)
There are after-market setups out there if you can afford it. You'd have their warranty, not the factory warranty, for the part you swap.
After seeing the warranty info, and the costs involved in total axle swaps, I think I'll stick with springs and shocks and tires for now. Maybe later - or like my wife said - trade vehicles, but you sort of get attached to them once you make any change at all, no matter how small. At least I do - it was like loosing a loved on selling my 70 Javelin - man, that was painful!
I flip-flop back and forth on what to do with this truck......... so I keep looking at what others have done and what I like and go from there. Today I may feel one way, tomorrow differently.

Sponsored

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
you sort of get attached to them once you make any change at all, no matter how small. At least I do - it was like loosing a loved on selling my 70 Javelin - man, that was painful!
I flip-flop back and forth on what to do with this truck......... so I keep looking at what others have done and what I like and go from there. Today I may feel one way, tomorrow differently.
And (assuming other factors allow for it) that is a GREAT reason to get another Gladiator

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It was kind of a pain in the butt to put together. You really need an extra pair of hands. You can do it yourself but it would go much easier with a helper.
FB99E505-EDFC-4802-9CBA-B79AACEB83D9.jpeg
Wow, another piece of ART. I need to hit a JEEP SHOW to see some of these. I mean the sheen, the colors, the front end is classy besides powerful and useful.
That's another class act setup. That pic is worthy of a calendar page.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
And (assuming other factors allow for it) that is a GREAT reason to get another Gladiator
My wife tried to drive mine last weekend, said she wanted to drive to church - she got in and tried to move the seat forward and was unable to reach the bar to do so. She struggled getting things set up for herself and said forget it........ "I'm keeping my Grand Cherokees"
Her handicap doesn't allow her to deal with a lot of the manual stuff. IF this one had the same option my Chevy truck had - power everything with memory (including pedal height and so on) then it would work, but she can't even adjust the seat when inside.
I think she would have gone with it since you can haul a lot of stuff inside these, AND the bed covers seal pretty well short term, but after that, no way. It sure would have been cool to have a pair, his and hers. She'd get this one and I'd get a max tow or better.
She loves how this rides and has even commented on the nice ride. (amazing to hear her say that since the Chevy rode like a nice Lincoln and handled as well as many cars - she LOVED driving that truck. )

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I cannot remember how much this weighs...

@eaglerugby04 - Can you help on this one?
I want to say it was like 65-75 I think? And worked with the stock rubicon skid plate was the main reason I went for it.
Sponsored