Sponsored

Anyone Else Really Like Looking at Your Parked Rig?

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

Musser717

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Gladiator Overland, c300 DD
I had mine out to get windows tinted today. The guy calls me when it’s done and starts out by telling me a story about how every once in awhile a vehicle comes in work some work that EVERY person that walks in starts to talk about and wants to look at it and it was one of those days he said. Everyone wanted to peek around and check it out.

Sponsored

Proximo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max
A simple trip to the hardware store. As I walk out, with my water filter, I admire my JT. Walking towards it, a JK Sahara guy stops me to ask if that's my Gladiator. Yes it is. "That's a badass truck". Thank you. "They did a great job on that thing". I explained all the little things done to it, but never actually told him that I did everything to it, in my driveway, with my tools. So, I guess I didn't know how to say that I did everything, not bought like this and I didn't pay someone to do it. Felt weird, I didn't want to feel like I'm bragging. But, damn it, I kinda wanna say "hey I did this":rock:

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
A simple trip to the hardware store. As I walk out, with my water filter, I admire my JT. Walking towards it, a JK Sahara guy stops me to ask if that's my Gladiator. Yes it is. "That's a badass truck". Thank you. "They did a great job on that thing". I explained all the little things done to it, but never actually told him that I did everything to it, in my driveway, with my tools. So, I guess I didn't know how to say that I did everything, not bought like this and I didn't pay someone to do it. Felt weird, I didn't want to feel like I'm bragging. But, damn it, I kinda wanna say "hey I did this":rock:
Make a video channel. Give him a card. And post links to it on forums. It worked for me with my JK and I expect will for the JT as well. :)

Image1.jpg

As for OP's question, I do enjoy the view from my bedroom rocking chair as I watch a little TV in the late afternoon ...

00000IMG_00000_BURST20191108153309908_COVER.jpg

Oh, here's the link. ;-)

Stickyteflon

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2015 Cherokee Trail Hawk, 2019 MX5 RF GTS
Vehicle Showcase
5B2D48D7-159E-4A27-A836-A066C7742245.jpeg
I think it’s a mix of getting something that you really want and then realizing it actually happened. Also new stuff is awesome. I look at mine and think... what can I mod and how far is too far.. This also happened when we got the new MX5.
88FC296F-26DE-4808-A336-D4FCA1071EBE.jpeg

Lucifer

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
I always have people coming up and asking question. Just did two parades and people were asking about it while riding through.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Stopped at a small town dealership to chat with them and ask a couple of questions - while I was in there I had a couple of their people ask if the truck out front was mine, I heard one comment "that's a beautiful color with the body color roof and all".
That's like the third dealership where they've said that - apparently Iowa dealers don't know much about these things and haven't seen many.
I should drive it around to all the dealers in Iowa and show it off to them - educate them on what's possible, I guess.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I always have people coming up and asking question. Just did two parades and people were asking about it while riding through.
I am doing a parade on Sunday and I am sure it will get some looks and questions. I am trying to figure out though with a high of 54 degrees do I tough it out and take the roof, doors, and windsheild off. It will look awesome, but I feel like it might be a tad uncomfortable. lol

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I am doing a parade on Sunday and I am sure it will get some looks and questions. I am trying to figure out though with a high of 54 degrees do I tough it out and take the roof, doors, and windsheild off. It will look awesome, but I feel like it might be a tad uncomfortable. lol
If you have the heated seats and steering wheel you’ll be just fine!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
28 here for a high - roof stays on! LOL Yeah, call me a wimp.

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
Not only do I stop and look at my JT every chance I get, but on the way home from the dealership, my wife and I stopped at Sheetz for a quick MTO (if you know Sheetz, you're my kind of people). I was on a conference call with my earbuds in walking back to my JT and I hear this guy yelling, "SIR, SIR, Is that your truck? " I paused my call to have a quick chat with him about how awesome JTs are - he wants to trade his truck in on one!

191202 - S12.jpg
Sponsored