Sponsored

Looking for a camper shell, any recommendations?

miaomeow11

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic
Occupation
Student/Plumber
Looking to purchase a camper shell. Still new to plumbing so i'm looking for a camper shell that will help maximize the bed to store tools and supplies.
Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Which ever one you get, be sure to get the swing up sides, I am amazed how easy it is to access the front of the bed, you should get the solid panel sides instead of windows, you also should perhaps buy the optonal full cabinets for the sides also. You will need a rack of some type for ladders and pipe also. I have an RSI and love it!......Jack

OP
OP

miaomeow11

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic
Occupation
Student/Plumber
I know of 3 main toppers. RLD, ARE, RSI, Lear, may have one. If you look in.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/forums/racks-carriers-toppers-cargo-tonneau-bed-mods.64/
that should be a starting point. I just got a RLD topper.
awesome, how do you like the RLD topper so far? I was looking at the ARE one
Which ever one you get, be sure to get the swing up sides, I am amazed how easy it is to access the front of the bed, you should get the solid panel sides instead of windows, you also should perhaps buy the optonal full cabinets for the sides also. You will need a rack of some type for ladders and pipe also. I have an RSI and love it!......Jack
thank you for the awesome recommendation, I will definitely look into it and buy it slowly haha

ssrgeoff

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLURD '21 JTR,
Not sure how the ARE shell is on the Gladiator but I had the CX HD version on my Tundra and when I took it off to sell, the fiberglass shell had rubbed the bedside and though the paint. Bummer because I chose that shell since it looked clean dropping below the bedside but I had no idea it would do that... oh well. Oh and I agree above, I had the wing windows on the side and would never put a topper on without. Easy access to the front of the bed without crawling in from the back.

Sponsored

OP
OP

miaomeow11

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic
Occupation
Student/Plumber
Not sure how the ARE shell is on the Gladiator but I had the CX HD version on my Tundra and when I took it off to sell, the fiberglass shell had rubbed the bedside and though the paint. Bummer because I chose that shell since it looked clean dropping below the bedside but I had no idea it would do that... oh well. Oh and I agree above, I had the wing windows on the side and would never put a topper on without. Easy access to the front of the bed without crawling in from the back.
Yeah I was maybe thinking of going rsi smartcap EVOa

kaeo_15

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
My EVOa will be here next week. I can let you know my thoughts once it is installed.

kaeo_15

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
That would be great, where do you get yours from?
Offroad Alliance. They have some in stock now if you want to jump on one. I pre-ordered the day they were announced and waited about a month for shipment. EVO sports are backordered until March.

Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Well as of being "just got it and having it a few days" not much yet but the white doors gotta go 😁 but I got it just in time for the crappy weather.
Now from my past experience with toppers; aluminum are ok but dent easy (other the known quality from S. Africa) fiberglass are ok but heavy as heck, crack, look like Sh## after weathering nether one can support squat normally.

I was looking at the AluCab and RSI. One was more than I wanted to spend RSI was what I was going to get due to easy to ship but I called RLD to ask some questions about it and got a deal I couldn't pass up. In stock and shipped next day but white doors. I wanted the sliding windows but not for the $$$. But I ended up with what I wanted for less than solid panels.

Last edited:
OP
OP

miaomeow11

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic
Occupation
Student/Plumber
Offroad Alliance. They have some in stock now if you want to jump on one. I pre-ordered the day they were announced and waited about a month for shipment. EVO sports are backordered until March.
How’s the EVOa treating you?

kaeo_15

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Great! Haven’t figured out what to do with the gull wing molle panels yet though, haha. It was easy to assemble and has been both water tight and dust free. No weight placed on top yet and I do have some rail cap deflection/deformation. But, that’s a result of the mounting method.
Sponsored