Looking for stubby steel bumper that holds a winch inside the bumper,

calicorks

First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss 302
Hey everyone. I have a JTR, and am looking for a stubby steel bumper that holds a winch inside the bumper, not on top. I’d also like to add what I think is called a Bull bar in front. I’ve looked at 4wp, north ridge 4x4, and real truck.com and cannot find one I like. Also looking for a protective cover underneath made of steel to replace the cheap one that comes with a Rubicon. Either I don’t like them, or they do not have a picture installed in the Jeep to see what they look like. I really like the Mopar bumper but don’t want to be stock. Any ideas? What do you guys have that’s a stubby, and where did you get it?
Sponsored

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Hey everyone. I have a JTR, and am looking for a stubby steel bumper that holds a winch inside the bumper, not on top. I’d also like to add what I think is called a Bull bar in front. I’ve looked at 4wp, north ridge 4x4, and real truck.com and cannot find one I like. Also looking for a protective cover underneath made of steel to replace the cheap one that comes with a Rubicon. Either I don’t like them, or they do not have a picture installed in the Jeep to see what they look like. I really like the Mopar bumper but don’t want to be stock. Any ideas? What do you guys have that’s a stubby, and where did you get it?
Check out Rock hard bumpers, possibly Lod, JCR, Gen right. Lots of good ones out there two of those companies also make aluminum bumpers.

Sponsored

OP
OP
calicorks

calicorks

First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss 302
What other websites do you guys know of to check bumpers out?

JMJ52876

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator
Occupation
Medical Biller/Collection
Look into Shrockworks. I have one of their bumpers on order as we speak. I was actually looking for the same exact thing you described and found them. Bonus, you mount your factory fog lights in the air dam that comes with it. And they are located in Houston Tx, everything fabricated in their shop.
https://www.shrockworks.com/JJL-FB-001-pr-16302.html

Sponsored

OP
OP
calicorks

calicorks

First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss 302
Make sure a 12,000 pound winch will fit in that bumper.
It dose, and it comes with a winch plate. Do you like the winch I picked or do you know of one that’s better in the same price?

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
I went the Harbor Freight route and got it for just over $400 last year.

Winch questions are like oil questions, rioting and looting and fires.

I will tell you, mounting the Apex 12,000 pound in a Rock Hard full width was a royal pain, with the stubby bumper I hope you have a 10 year old that can start nuts on bolts.

OP
OP
calicorks

calicorks

First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss 302
I went the Harbor Freight route and got it for just over $400 last year.

Winch questions are like oil questions, rioting and looting and fires.

I will tell you, mounting the Apex 12,000 pound in a Rock Hard full width was a royal pain, with the stubby bumper I hope you have a 10 year old that can start nuts on bolts.
This is good info, I don’t have a kid but I do have small hands. Hmm 🤔 you got me thinking now how hard this could be.

Chris262

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Auto Technician
If I ever decided on replacing my stock steel bumper that I love I would go for the warn stubby

Warn-Elite-Series-101330-Stubby-Front-Bumper-With-Grille-Guard-JL-Front-Side-Angle.jpg

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
This is good info, I don’t have a kid but I do have small hands. Hmm 🤔 you got me thinking now how hard this could be.
Hard, no.

PITA, yes.

Easiest/heaviest way to do it is to mount fairlead and winch to bumper before mounting bumper to JT. Hardest/lightest way to do it is mount bumper (LOOSELY) to JT, then fight the winch in AFTER you mount the fairlead.

Either way, you have four bolts that are a PITA for someone with big hands to get to. Either the four for the winch, or the inside two on each side for the bumper.
Sponsored