futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Hope it gets to you soon!

Regarding ordering vs. lot purchase: Realizing end of year, and maybe up to and including now are good times to buy off the lot, I've been searching for one on a lot configured how I'd order one. Have had zero luck. Not even close, really. No big deal, I'm comfortable ordering but just because inventories are up and stagnant doesn't mean the near perfect one is out there. Manual trans and tan interior are two significantly limiting features. Late release colors make it worse.

Anyway, big picture is that I hope you end up with a good relationship with the dealer in addition to getting the truck you wanted.
Sponsored

GaGladiator

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2015 JK 4Door
Got a von in late August had the order date, stayed in c for ever, jeep cares was no help, different story every time I called,dealer finally got something going in November and I got a VIN and went to D1 about 5 weeks, beginning of December told it was on train and got build sheet, beginning of Jan still no jeep, dealer says anyday jeep cares says still not shiped,today dealer says they need to call the rep,I say no shit, deal er not gotten back to me yet
I had the same problem with my gladiator build... I got a different story every time from the dealer/hotline for builds/emails everything. I was told for 2-3 weeks straight that it was built and in shipping status. You could ship anywhere in the states in that amount of time. Even down to the day it arrived, they were telling me it was finished but couldnt give me any more specific details. Then I get a call from the dealership saying it had arrived. So dont expect to know anything for sure until it just magically appears at the dealership. So frustrating!! But so worth it once the truck finally arrived.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
Hope it wasn't this train ...
a-train-wreck-could--2_1600x0w.jpg

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package

Sponsored

3-pedal-Rub

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Night Train, Buell Lightning, TL, 4runner, JTR
The way this whole thing has been going it is a train wreck

Don't feel too alone. My order only goes back to October, but being now at week 12 I have learned one thing. FCA is a corporate f-hole that gives no shits about those who want to buy from them. If you ordered a manual (currently there are 9 on order in the nation), you're getting screwed. You and I are one of those 9. Their excuses have been endless (front camera programming on the 8.4), blah blah. I personally gave my dealer until the end of this month to have a build sheet and then I'm pulling out.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
Don't feel too alone. My order only goes back to October, but being now at week 12 I have learned one thing. FCA is a corporate f-hole that gives no shits about those who want to buy from them. If you ordered a manual (currently there are 9 on order in the nation), you're getting screwed. You and I are one of those 9. Their excuses have been endless (front camera programming on the 8.4), blah blah. I personally gave my dealer until the end of this month to have a build sheet and then I'm pulling out.
Where does the ‘9’ come from? There seem to be plenty of 6 sp owners on this forum. I test drove 3 before I purchased mine. 1 each sport, overland and rubicon. You can see in my signature how my order progressed. Why would you think there are only 9 such orders currently in their system?

3-pedal-Rub

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

3-pedal-Rub

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where does the ‘9’ come from? There seem to be plenty of 6 sp owners on this forum. I test drove 3 before I purchased mine. 1 each sport, overland and rubicon. You can see in my signature how my order progressed. Why would you think there are only 9 such orders currently in their system?
Think 9? According to the order log my dealer showed me there are 9 manual gladiators currently on order from FCA.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Longbeard

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley's n a silverado
My day has come,picked her up last night,will post picks later, sitting at tire shop now getting new shoes, I will say it was a long wait but my dealer made up for it, did me ok on trade in and found me 3 grand in discounts, this thing is fun, waiting so long and reading all the bad things people have said haven't noticed yet

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
My day has come,picked her up last night,will post picks later, sitting at tire shop now getting new shoes, I will say it was a long wait but my dealer made up for it, did me ok on trade in and found me 3 grand in discounts, this thing is fun, waiting so long and reading all the bad things people have said haven't noticed yet
f17ff7c5ef2b35e22d4df1d255bdf97bacd5fce6feffa4a0aeafe1cff9e2e39f.jpg

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
...You and I are one of those 9...
And I make 3 of those, just on this thread. I find it very hard to believe that only six other 6-speeds are on order across North America. I know the local dealer just got one in and I see two new ones showed up 100 miles away in the past month.

(I ordered during the holiday, so essentially 1/2/20. Mine is currently in D1 status and according to chat, "All of the materials needed to start the build process have been received.")

3-pedal-Rub

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And I make 3 of those, just on this thread. I find it very hard to believe that only six other 6-speeds are on order across North America. I know the local dealer just got one in and I see two new ones showed up 100 miles away in the past month.

(I ordered during the holiday, so essentially 1/2/20. Mine is currently in D1 status and according to chat, "All of the materials needed to start the build process have been received.")
You may get fortunate in your build time. Word on the dealership street is mine hits assembly this week. Maybe ours will be going in together.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You may get fortunate in your build time. Word on the dealership street is mine hits assembly this week. Maybe ours will be going in together.
Taken with a grain of salt, my dealer told me to expect D1 to last a month (starting 1/8). I've no idea what delays might crop up after that. I keep telling myself that I'm in no hurry, but in truth, the anticipation is a huge distraction. But kinda in a good way.
Sponsored