Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
Loud human noises are exactly what I get into the woods to try to get away from. I don't even bring a radio. Having said that, I'll admit that in my younger days I've been a bit too loud laughing around a campfire with buddies catching up and sharing stories after a few cold ones; but I'd like to think I've been respectful if I knew anyone was camping nearby.
Sponsored

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
I am not a fan of rockin' out in the woods at a campsite. We're outside to escape the trappings of our day-to-day lives.

People that bring a TV camping... stay the f**k home.

Festivals/Jamborees/Expos/Concert Camping are a different beast. That's a 3-day party.

I saw some expos divide the campground up: family and party sections, which I think is a smart move.

As far as other people listening to music, it's fine if it's a reasonable volume. I think it's stupid to blast sh**ty rap music in a campground with lots of little kids around. I don't want to hear music across the whole campground.

I have a great (imo) rock playlist from the 70s to early 80s. It's fantastic for road trips. I have country and a "drinking songs" playlist. I listen to music soundtracks while I work. About the only music I don't like is rap.

I'm lucky that I'm a fun drunk, too. I don't get loud and obnoxious or angry.

OP
OP
OldButStillJeeping

OldButStillJeeping

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave, '92 Jeep YJ, 2017 F250 4WD
Funny story - the fam and I went on a 10 day Western states RV tour, stopping outside Yosemite one night at a state park campground. There was a huge motorcycle rally there, we had no idea obviously after making the plans from out of state. It was everything you'd imagine, and we almost packed up and left thinking we were never going to get to sleep once quiet hours came.

By 9pm they were all in their tents, snoring and farting just like anyone else. We still tried to leave pretty early the next day, so we wouldn't have to try fighting that RV through a mess of motorcycles.
There's sometimes a negative stigma with motorcycles, especially if it's a grouping of them.
I ride, and typically alone. But when I do the group rides, it's on adventure bikes. Not gangster bikes. ( My apologies to the Harley / Indian folks). ADV riders need all the sleep we can get.
Sponsored