Sponsored

Mac Haik in Houston?

Evo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting Gray Max Tow
Anyone bought a Jeep from Mac Haik in Houston?

They seem to have some good advertised prices so hoping some members have positive feedback

I‘m in CA so I would have to buy site unseen and would need to ship it. Hence my concern on overall experience.
Sponsored

davetha

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeep.host
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Jeep JT
Build Thread
Link
Someone on a local group literally mentioned the other day that they were wanting to pay an additional few thousand dealer addons. I don't know how valid that is though. It was specifically Mac Haik though.

Why wouldn't you be able to get Employee Pricing + some holdback around there?

tweak89

First Name
Leroy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2002 Thunderbird
Dealer add-ons are typically the norm for the majority of Jeep dealerships. It's how they bolster their bottom line. I ordered mine sight unseen (I was traveling for work when the dealer found me a "factory" Jeep the way I wanted it.). Otherwise, it was always one or two of the following that were almost immediately added on: wheels, tint or paint protection. All of them subjective, but cheap for them, expensive for us.

As for Mak Haik, they have a pretty decent reputation here in Houston (they encompass almost every major car maker). What are you looking for that you can't find locally?

OP
OP

Evo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting Gray Max Tow
Nothing fancy about the build. Looking at either Max Tow or Rubicon depending on how much price difference I can find. For example the bigger the delta in real world prices the more I would be willing to lean towards a max tow.

The problem is the Bay Area dealers are not as willing to deal. I guess the Silicon Valley money has spoiled them.

Indavis01

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2016 Volvo Xc90 Polestar
Occupation
Finder of bad stuff and people.
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone bought a Jeep from Mac Haik in Houston?

They seem to have some good advertised prices so hoping some members have positive feedback

I‘m in CA so I would have to buy site unseen and would need to ship it. Hence my concern on overall experience.
Take a Look and let me know what you want to know. It wasn't a great experience, but I got the price I wanted. Here is the sticker- that mark up is on every vehicle! (even the ones with the 8.4; 2 GPS trackers?) . In Total, after negotiation I ended up paying 13,728 less than the final sticker. I know there are good deals to be had in CA as well. Huntington Beach Jeep (where I bought my JKU) has had some similar pricing. Search on here and you can get some more info on them. I lived in SJ and flew to OC to pick up my JKU because they were 5k cheaper than in Bay area.

IMG_2473.jpg

Sponsored

Indavis01

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Take a Look and let me know what you want to know. It wasn't a great experience, but I got the price I wanted. Here is the sticker- that mark up is on every vehicle! (even the ones with the 8.4; 2 GPS trackers?) . In Total, after negotiation I ended up paying 13,728 less than the final sticker. I know there are good deals to be had in CA as well. Huntington Beach Jeep (where I bought my JKU) has had some similar pricing. Search on here and you can get some more info on them. I lived in SJ and flew to OC to pick up my JKU because they were 5k cheaper than in Bay area.

Jeep Gladiator Mac Haik in Houston? IMG_2473
BTW Advertised price was $37320

Indavis01

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Someone on a local group literally mentioned the other day that they were wanting to pay an additional few thousand dealer addons. I don't know how valid that is though. It was specifically Mac Haik though.

Why wouldn't you be able to get Employee Pricing + some holdback around there?
Yes they add 3k to every vehicle, they put a GPS tracker on a vehicle that has a built in GPS?, the only thing left on the vehicle of that 3k after a month of ownership is the front window tint- and even that is subpar.
Sponsored