First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave Gobi launch color
Occupation
Developer
Thanks, so many of those light bars don't give the dimension you actually need for install.
I was thinking I might have to make a mounting plate out of 2" aluminum flat stock and punch some holes and paint.
I understand.
Sponsored

justin.ksig

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
considering the Maximus-3 Sport rack, but can't find photos with the hardtop off to see how it flows with the lines of the Gladiator. Not purchasing that expensive of a sport rack without photos. somebody help me out!

OP
OP
Mark Miosi

Mark Miosi

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Developer
It will be awhile before I remove mine but I will post when I do. Have you reached out to Maximus-3 to see if they had any photos?

OP
OP
Mark Miosi

Mark Miosi

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Developer
how did you modify the tonneau cover to work with the rack?
I had to cut all 4 corners at an angle on the flat wide part that sits on the bed shoulder. Then I also cut the fin that goes down the inside of bed shoulder enough to miss the brackets so it would allow the cover opening to get wide enough. I only did this on the front brackets, not the rear. The rear of the bed cover rails wanted to angle down toward the center of the bed causing the opening to be too tight to close the cover so I put rubber spacers under the very end of them on top of the inner bed shoulder column just inside the tailgate. As I mentioned, it is less water resistant than before. You could put some weather stripping under the rails since the rubber lip from the factory topper is now raised up the thickness of the steel brackets.

Jeep Gladiator Mark's Gobi Mojave Build Featuring Custom Spare Tire Mount Baja Style 20210314_175155

Jeep Gladiator Mark's Gobi Mojave Build Featuring Custom Spare Tire Mount Baja Style 20210314_175203

Jeep Gladiator Mark's Gobi Mojave Build Featuring Custom Spare Tire Mount Baja Style 20210314_175151

20210501_135041.jpg

20210501_135027.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mark Miosi

Mark Miosi

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Developer
how did you modify the tonneau cover to work with the rack?
I also had to modify the holes on the bracket tab as shown in the picture because the rails are now higher and furthur back enough that the screw holes wouldn't line up.

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 1931 Model A, 1999 Evo Chopper.
Looks Killer! Excellent build. The roll bars with tonneau cover is awesome. I really appreciate your close-up photos on how you cut it to make it work with the rack. I ordered the Bac X4s hard rolling tonneau cover and I am looking to do something similar. The Maximus-3 sports rack is the best-looking one I have found. I have been going back and forth on the Maximus-3 and modifying the cover or the Black Horse sports bar that will work with no modification. You might have just shown me the better path.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mark Miosi

Mark Miosi

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Developer
Looks Killer! Excellent build. The roll bars with tonneau cover is awesome. I really appreciate your close-up photos on how you cut it to make it work with the rack. I ordered the Bac X4s hard rolling tonneau cover and I am looking to do something similar. The Maximus-3 sports rack is the best-looking one I have found. I have been going back and forth on the Maximus-3 and modifying the cover or the Black Horse sports bar that will work with no modification. You might have just shown me the better path.
Thanks. It's been a fun build so far. I will have to check out the hard rolling cover you mentioned. Wonder how much modification it will take.

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
That’s a beast! I love it! How much nose dip did you get adding the bumper and winch?

OP
OP
Mark Miosi

Mark Miosi

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Developer
That’s a beast! I love it! How much nose dip did you get adding the bumper and winch?
Thanks. Actually hadn't checked . I will have to. The steel skid system is heavy too.

Sponsored

Imbuere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
What was the design decision to put the wheel so high? Seems like that would materially affect your center of gravity.

OP
OP
Mark Miosi

Mark Miosi

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Developer
What was the design decision to put the wheel so high? Seems like that would materially affect your center of gravity.
I wanted to go with the Baja look and wanted to still have a bed cover. I don't think it is enough to ever effect me from a center of gravity stand point. Especially given all the weight I added at a very low level like the very heavy duty complete underbelly steel skid system, rock sliders, bumper, winch, and beastly 37x13.5 mud tires etc. etc.

MyMojaveJT

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Challenger SRT 392
@Mark Miosi I think I saw you have orange DCS rock lights.

Do you have any pics of your Orange DCS rock lights on at night? How bright are they?

I want some thing useable but thought it might be cool to keep the orange theme.

Thanks
Sponsored