Max-Modular Rack - install questions

nortski3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon & BMW F800GS
I recently ordered the Max-modular steel 10'' rack with the mopar tonneau cover brackets, without the trail rail system, and installing with the mopar factory tonneau on the truck. build quality is fantastic the instructions to install are just kind of lacking.

@Max Modular or anyone who has this rack/setup installed can you post photos up close of how the mopar tonneau brackets attach to the truck? I'm extremely confused by the install instructions provided and do not see any photos anywhere to better understand this. More photos and better insight here please otherwise this thing is just gonna sit in my garage.

Specifically looking for up close pics on the truck where the brackets fit on the bed and how you attach it to the vehicle that doesn't have the trail rail system.

Greatly appreciated, patiently awaiting info while the rack collects dust in my garage.

-obviously not mechanical enough to figure it out myself...
Sponsored

OP
OP
nortski3

nortski3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was able to get it installed yesterday. The side rail needs adjusted upward so that the rear rack brace can fit correctly. Not going to lie the instructions were not all that great but I'm pretty happy with the build quality of the rack. This is the 10" rack with the mopar tonneau brackets. The cover will not roll back beyond the initial flip open as it hits the legs. A solid solution to work with the cover.

IMG_1404.JPG

The Peripatetic Cajun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Hey there, looks great! Was going to ask you about which of the Brackets MaxMod sent you, I have somewhat of the same situation. I think the test bracket they sent me might have been for their Taco, tonneau, or a different style. I have the tri-fold cover and by the pics you posted, I don’t think it’ll work on mine. Their URTC has other brackets that might fit...but you handled it already and it looks great. All the best!

BrichJeepUtopia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I was able to get it installed yesterday. The side rail needs adjusted upward so that the rear rack brace can fit correctly. Not going to lie the instructions were not all that great but I'm pretty happy with the build quality of the rack. This is the 10" rack with the mopar tonneau brackets. The cover will not roll back beyond the initial flip open as it hits the legs. A solid solution to work with the cover.

Jeep Gladiator Max-Modular Rack - install questions IMG_1404.JPG
I was interested in this rack, it seems to be the only one marketed to work with the mopar tonneau. So there is no way to roll up the tonneau at all? not even by angling it sideways or something to get passed the legs?

ron168

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Rubi, '20 JT Rubi LE, '17 GLS63
I was interested in this rack, it seems to be the only one marketed to work with the mopar tonneau. So there is no way to roll up the tonneau at all? not even by angling it sideways or something to get passed the legs?
This rack will allow for the tonneau cover to open. I posted a picture about this a while back.

Sponsored

BrichJeepUtopia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S

GoVR46

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubicon, 2014 Highlander, 2007 BMW 335i (725 whp)
I have the 18in rack with a Bak Revolver X4, it rolls up all the way to the cab. Never touches the legs at all.

20200720_154748.jpg

20200720_154827.jpg

20200720_154840.jpg

Blucid

First Name
Denis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teamgf.org
Vehicle(s)
2020 "Bright White" Jeep Rubicon Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Found this thread, this is what I actually did. I purchased the Max Modular Rack 10" as well.

I turned it around, it does look a bit odd. But then you can unlock it and push it through the mounting plate and then roll it up. I am planning to get some extended Velcro so I can reuse the old straps but it works quite well.

But I do agree the, instructions are very vague but the over all build quality is really nice. I have a RTT on the way so well see when that arrives.

Jeep Gladiator Max-Modular Rack - install questions ton1
Jeep Gladiator Max-Modular Rack - install questions ton2
Jeep Gladiator Max-Modular Rack - install questions ton3
Jeep Gladiator Max-Modular Rack - install questions ton4
Jeep Gladiator Max-Modular Rack - install questions ton5
Jeep Gladiator Max-Modular Rack - install questions ton6
Jeep Gladiator Max-Modular Rack - install questions ton7

OP
OP
nortski3

nortski3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Found this thread, this is what I actually did. I purchased the Max Modular Rack 10" as well.

I turned it around, it does look a bit odd. But then you can unlock it and push it through the mounting plate and then roll it up. I am planning to get some extended Velcro so I can reuse the old straps but it works quite well.

But I do agree the, instructions are very vague but the over all build quality is really nice. I have a RTT on the way so well see when that arrives.

Do you have the trail rail system on your gladiator? Curious if you do, could you post an up close pic of how the tonneau compatibility brackets and how they mount to the trail rail. I recently swapped my Gladiator (no trail rail) for another Gladiator (with trail rail) and need to reinstall my rack for a camping trip here in the next two weeks but wasn't clear the install instructions for one with the trail rail system.

Blucid

First Name
Denis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teamgf.org
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Do you have the trail rail system on your gladiator? Curious if you do, could you post an up close pic of how the tonneau compatibility brackets and how they mount to the trail rail. I recently swapped my Gladiator (no trail rail) for another Gladiator (with trail rail) and need to reinstall my rack for a camping trip here in the next two weeks but wasn't clear the install instructions for one with the trail rail system.
I do have the Gladiator with the trail rail system. It like JUST fits, the brackets close to the cabin are like at the edge of the trail brackets where the opening widens up. Also the other side just rests up again the tonneau cover bracket.

Jeep Gladiator Max-Modular Rack - install questions pic1
Jeep Gladiator Max-Modular Rack - install questions pic2

Jeep Gladiator Max-Modular Rack - install questions pic3
Jeep Gladiator Max-Modular Rack - install questions pic4

A bit dirty just came back from a trip and have not wiped anything down yet.

Sponsored

Blucid

First Name
Denis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teamgf.org
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
When you are ordering the Max Modular, it does ask you if you have a trail system, because you get metal plates that slide into the track system and they bolt up.

OP
OP
nortski3

nortski3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When you are ordering the Max Modular, it does ask you if you have a trail system, because you get metal plates that slide into the track system and they bolt up.
It does ask you, my first gladiator I didn’t have the rail system so I selected no. Now in this new gladiator I have the rail and don’t have the correct hardware. I’m missing the t-nuts that slide into the rail to bolt against.

apparently in other threads I found people use Tundra t-nuts for its rail system in the Mopar trail rail.

Blucid

First Name
Denis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teamgf.org
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
It does ask you, my first gladiator I didn’t have the rail system so I selected no. Now in this new gladiator I have the rail and don’t have the correct hardware. I’m missing the t-nuts that slide into the rail to bolt against.

apparently in other threads I found people use Tundra t-nuts for its rail system in the Mopar trail rail.
Yeah, I understand I mean you could give them a shout and see if they would send you some? I found these on amazon, and thats exactly how they look like not sure about the thread.

Jeep Gladiator Max-Modular Rack - install questions 1600900527469

Now that I think about it I am sure they sent out generic ones they can buy because the ones that came with my hardware set dont really fit all that great, kinda loose until you tighten them.

And some of the stainless steel bolts they used for the hardware were a little too short so I went to Home Depot and got longer ones and its like the exact same bolts soooo... im thinking they just bought it from there.

MrBean

First Name
Mr.Bean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
I do have the Gladiator with the trail rail system. It like JUST fits, the brackets close to the cabin are like at the edge of the trail brackets where the opening widens up. Also the other side just rests up again the tonneau cover bracket.

A bit dirty just came back from a trip and have not wiped anything down yet.
Still happy with the rack so far? How long did it take to ship to you in Vancouver?
Sponsored