Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The JL has been having issues with the LSD that don't appear to be resolved yet. Some think you are better off without it. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/knock-in-rear-with-dana-44.16921/
Might be a problem with the install in new type axle assembly and changes with the Trac-Loc assembly for it. My experience with Trac-Loc's is in D44 axle's and a D35 all three have been good to go. What do I know I've only got over 300000 miles driven with them. In the said axles.
So it's safe that a different axles (post D44 axle) and different carrier (Trac-Loc) one might not be a done deal yet with R&D. :facepalm: It's not like any vehicle parts manufacturer hasn't done that before. Have you read though the whole thread? Page 22 has a interesting picture failed bearing race due to being made out of a poly? You do have to use Trac-Loc additives in axles with one. I keep a few tubes of it most of the time and replaced when I use one.
Now if someone has one and out doing cutting donuts with it and it failed different story. We have all seen someone do stuff like that then blame something else for it.

Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2019 Cherokee KL 2020 Gladiator JT
Might be a problem with the install in new type axle assembly and changes with the Trac-Loc assembly for it. My experience with Trac-Loc's is in D44 axle's and a D35 all three have been good to go. What do I know I've only got over 300000 miles driven with them. In the said axles.
So it's safe that a different axles (post D44 axle) and different carrier (Trac-Loc) one might not be a done deal yet with R&D. :facepalm: It's not like any vehicle parts manufacturer hasn't done that before. Have you read though the whole thread? Page 22 has a interesting picture failed bearing race due to being made out of a poly? You do have to use Trac-Loc additives in axles with one. I keep a few tubes of it most of the time and replaced when I use one.
Now if someone has one and out doing cutting donuts with it and it failed different story. We have all seen someone do stuff like that then blame something else for it.
I have followed the thread since I have one in my JL. Either in this thread or a related thread there's some information implying there is a design flaw with the current version.

Larry3

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 F250 HD 2004 Saturn Vue
Occupation
Machinist
Ok. I gotta ask. Why is it everyone with a max tow has to say its a max tow in every post?

its an option for a trailer hitch different axles and a 4.10 rear, right? It kinda seems like its the same thing as saying “cold weather package“ or “8.4 Nav”

what am i missing that i cant understand why its important whether or not you have a max tow option???
12-22 I placed an order for my Gladiator Sport with the Max Tow option. I needed Max Tow because I have a 7,000 GVW trailer that I need to pull occasionally. Currently I'm using my 1989 F250, but where ever I go, it's leaving little bits of itself (rust). Soon it will be gone, I was looking for an SUV capable of pulling the trailer, but couldn't bring myself to spend that much on a vehicle. The first vehicle I ever owned was a 1943 Willys MB, and in my search for a new vehicle I came across the Willys Gladiator, it was love a first sight. A bit disappointed that I couldn't get the Max Tow with the Willys, but still love the look. Hoping the 6 to 8 week time frame the dealer gave me is correct.

Sponsored

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
8. Don't wave at female Wrangler/Gladiator drivers, they apparently don't like us guys waving at them and rarely return them :P
Maybe that's a regional thing? They almost always smile and wave back at me, just as much as males do anyway.

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I admit that for a while I was seeing all the options listed in posts (especially max tow), and it made me feel like my truck, which has normal towing package, was being looked down upon here. The truth is that I thought I wanted max tow when I was looking, but then I decided to compromise because there was actually no true need for what max tow would give me - and the deal was stellar on a truck that checked all my boxes otherwise. Seriously, it was a no-brainer deal. It even checks my towing needs box in reality - I mean 6,000 lbs in a truck this size is respectable. It's Gator even! I think I may start adding "gator" to my posts, lol. It's actually a Jeep Truck Sport S Regular Towing Package Gator. Would that be JTSSRTPG? Hmmm.

So anyway, now I've turned my attitude around 180 degrees. Seriously, if my truck makes me happy and checks all my boxes for what I want in it, then I don't care what any of you opted for in yours. Some of you wanted very spartan and you got it, and some of you wanted JTR every option and then add another 20 grand in mods. Some are in the middle like myself, getting some luxuries and leaving out what's not necessary. I'm fine with all of that, and if you want to spell it out in every post because your truck makes you happy then I'm good with it.

JerseyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
physician
Ok. I gotta ask. Why is it everyone with a max tow has to say its a max tow in every post?

its an option for a trailer hitch different axles and a 4.10 rear, right? It kinda seems like its the same thing as saying “cold weather package“ or “8.4 Nav”

what am i missing that i cant understand why its important whether or not you have a max tow option???
I appreciate when they say it on some threads as it helps me determine more about how the truck is with lift/tires and rubbing given the wider axles and 4.10s for acceleration.
Sponsored