Sponsored

Max tow max tow max tow.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I thought Mojaves were also limited to 97 mph along with the Rubicons because they both share the same unique sets of OEM tires, but I been wrong before.
That thread was an old one, pre-Mojave. So I am sure you are nor wrong.
Sponsored

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
I thought the ATs were E rated and that's why we were governed to 97, I thought we (Max Tow) had the same issue. Mind you I've not tried it...

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
I can’t imagine going 95 in my JTR. Probably feel like I’m coming in for re-entry from orbit.

Did I mention mine is a Rubicon? Or as some might call it “2nd best tow”.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
So Overl
I can’t imagine going 95 in my JTR. Probably feel like I’m coming in for re-entry from orbit.

mid tow ?

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I thought the ATs were E rated and that's why we were governed to 97, I thought we (Max Tow) had the same issue. Mind you I've not tried it...

I've had mine just above a 100mph twice. It didn't govern out at 95 for sure because I've been around 97-98 a few times. Maxtow

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Does that make super dutys moose knuckle tows?
Sir, you just one upped me on that joke. I did an actual LOL. But I am immature.

The Crusader

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JTSD.
Occupation
Field Engineer

My friend used to tell his motorcycle racing son that 2nd best is first loser.

bring44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Professor
It's as close to having a Rubicon without having paid 60k+. A rubi is a lil more capable due to locking diffs and sway bar disconnect, but to me, that's all the rubi has over the max tow. Trak loc has been great for me so far. So for us max tows, it's like emphasizing rubi. We kno its not, but pretty close in my opinion
I paid 50k soooo

Sponsored

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
My friend used to tell his motorcycle racing son that 2nd best is first loser.
This is true.

The Max Tow is actually a really good option for the Gladiator. Its great if you want to tow or build it up for off-roading.

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
$37,000 for my Max Tow. All I need is lockers if I need them and I'd pretty much have a Rubicon but get better gas mileage.
Yeah you can't go wrong with that. Plus you can easily get Rubicon take offs for great deals. You can have the rock rails and suspension of the Rubicon for probably under a $1000. The lockers will be the priciest upgrade. Swaybar disconnect is cheap (manual). But with the lockers, you can get the ones you really want, instead of taking what it comes with. Same with suspension. So many Rubicon owners are swapping out the stock system they paid for.

Of course if you go max tow, you can't mention on the forum that you have a Rubicon... Which is a big deal.

Did I mention I have a Rubicon? Well I do. It is darn sexy.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah you can't go wrong with that. Plus you can easily get Rubicon take offs for great deals. You can have the rock rails and suspension of the Rubicon for probably under a $1000. The lockers will be the priciest upgrade. Swaybar disconnect is cheap (manual). But with the lockers, you can get the ones you really want, instead of taking what it comes with. Same with suspension. So many Rubicon owners are swapping out the stock system they paid for.

Of course if you go max tow, you can't mention on the forum that you have a Rubicon... Which is a big deal.

Did I mention I have a Rubicon? Well I do. It is darn sexy.
Already got Rubicon take off suspension on mine except for the back springs, I left them off because the max tow rear springs are rated to tow more. Also got the Rubicon Fox shocks as well. Paid $275 for everything. Don't want the wheels because my Black steelies are rated to tow more and I like them. Not knocking a Rubicon at all, but I can build one cheaper and better by adding what I need to it and keeping things I don't off. I like to make things my own instead of buying something already done unless what I'm buying is very unique.

Oh yeah, also got the Rubi Rails, paid $150 for them. For $425 got the suspension and Rubi Rails.

Jeep Gladiator Max tow max tow max tow. PXL_20201219_123525410

I'm right at $41,000 on everything as it sits in that picture. So around $4000 worth of upgrades, lockers I could do for $1500 or less.
Sponsored