Sponsored

Max tow max tow max tow.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
My friend used to tell his motorcycle racing son that 2nd best is first loser.
In the 1960s there was a two-car race in the Soviet Union, an American car and a Russian one. The American car won.

Pravda reported accurately: "The Russian car came in second, but the American car was next to last".
Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Good for you...I was responding to the guy who said JTRs are 60k+
Yeah I know but some are $60,000+ if you get the really good Rubicon's not the Budget ones. If your going to do it might as well get the best one, don't cheap out

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I've had mine just above a 100mph twice. It didn't govern out at 95 for sure because I've been around 97-98 a few times. Maxtow
Max tow is governed at 110mph

Sponsored

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
Yeah I know but some are $60,000+ if you get the really good Rubicon's not the Budget ones. If your going to do it might as well get the best one, don't cheap out
then that’s not really comparing apples to apples. On one end you use the base model, then compare it to the most optioned one.

there is an 8k difference between a base sport with max tow and a rubicon. For that difference you get lockers, sway bar disconnect, fox suspension, rock rails, under armor, high clearance fenders, and 33s. Plus that vented hood, which is sexy and makes it way faster. Last, rubicon sticker, which also adds about 20hp the the truck. Not sure if I’m missing anything else.

I think you can build up a max tow for less but you pay a small premium for it being factory and warrantied. Plus I don’t think you would be much less if you tried to add everything the rubicon came with. I do think max tow is a great option. Especially if you want to build it your way.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
All this comparing XXXXs by talking "gee, I did better as I got mine cheaper". Big whoop. Posting what we paid as if it's bragging about getting a better deal than anyone else.
Why does it matter to someone making up their mind what YOU paid - it's about what THEY would pay, not you.
I'll say it again - whatever anyone has is obviously the best - most with a Rubicon would never tell you to buy anything else - doing so would be admitting they didn't do what they should have.

RiverMtnBeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S MaxTow
All this comparing XXXXs by talking "gee, I did better as I got mine cheaper". Big whoop. Posting what we paid as if it's bragging about getting a better deal than anyone else.
Funny... It's kind of the opposite of a boat forum where everyone brags about how much they spent, and why you bought the wrong boat because it was cheap. :LOL:

JeepJunky

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave (Gator)
My understanding of Max Tow and a Mojave is, Mojave has Dana 44, Axle Ration 4.10, Class IV Hitch, but due to the softer suspension of the Mojave it is only rated to haul 6,000 lbs. The RUbicon can haul 7,000. The Sport or Sport S (with some exception can provide Max Tow of 7,650 pounds.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
My understanding of Max Tow and a Mojave is, Mojave has Dana 44, Axle Ration 4.10
All JTs have D44 front and rear. The Max Tow, Rubicon, Mojave and High Altitude all have the wide track (+1.5") axles.

Max Tow, Rubicon and Mojave all have 4.10s unless they are diesels (no diesel Max Tow however). All diesels and the High Altitude come standard with 3.73s.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
My understanding of Max Tow and a Mojave is, Mojave has Dana 44, Axle Ration 4.10, Class IV Hitch, but due to the softer suspension of the Mojave it is only rated to haul 6,000 lbs. The RUbicon can haul 7,000. The Sport or Sport S (with some exception can provide Max Tow of 7,650 pounds.
We gotta get away from that "softer suspension" as a reason for payload and towing differences. It's more than that. You have to consider the weight of the vehicle as the axles are rated at xxx pounds TOTAL, heavier truck, less payload, more options, less payload.
It's a system of parts and weights, not a collection of individual parts. Putting different springs and shocks under the Mojave won't give it a higher payload or towing rating.
Look at it this way - Mojave and Overland both have 6,000 pound tow ratings and yet the Mojave is beefed up with tougher frame, shocks and springs. So it's not just "Soft suspension".

SquirrelNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Bought mine at 43k. Manual, soft top, 7" radio. Just about base spec for a rubi with only the tow pack and premium soft top as upgrades. And I got it exactly the way I wanted it
Good price for a base Rubicon. I felt like I got the best bang for my buck with a Max Tow. I got a 2021 Sport S, Max Tow, Power Windows/Locks, Cold Weather Group, 8.4" Screen, Alpine Radio, Hard Top, and All Weather floormats for $38,500.

I had a JKU and then a JKUR before and found out the trails that I enjoy most never really needed lockers - the Brake lock system took care of it just fine. So with the JT, the 4.10 gears is what I was most after.

......max tow

21GCMSPORT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold 2000 4.0L 5sp // 2014 Unlimited
Occupation
Self employed
Bought mine at 43k. Manual, soft top, 7" radio. Just about base spec for a rubi with only the tow pack and premium soft top as upgrades. And I got it exactly the way I wanted it
I'm the little brother Sport same color/transmission with base spec of Tint and Sirius 33500.
I was told tow rating is under 4k due to 6sp.

RiverMtnBeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S MaxTow
Good price for a base Rubicon. I felt like I got the best bang for my buck with a Max Tow. I got a 2021 Sport S, Max Tow, Power Windows/Locks, Cold Weather Group, 8.4" Screen, Alpine Radio, Hard Top, and All Weather floormats for $38,500.

I had a JKU and then a JKUR before and found out the trails that I enjoy most never really needed lockers - the Brake lock system took care of it just fine. So with the JT, the 4.10 gears is what I was most after.

......max tow
Seems we got the worst deals out here in SoCal around October. Any Sport S MaxTow you can find under 45K had either been added $10K worth of dealer accessories or was already spoken for by the time we got there. Rubicon and Mojave were strictly sticker - no budging on price except for the $3K discount, so 54K-76K. Finally settled on our MaxTow that sat around at a Santa Monica dealer because someone changed their mind and/or otherwise backed-out. Best I could get was $1K more for my trade, free spray-on bedliner, and $2K off for it being old inventory. Probably paid about $5K more for not waiting, but could have probably ordered one for around same price (but a long wait to get it - they were saying 6+months at the time (covid concerns).
Yeah, whatever, happy now - can't put a price on recreation! 😎

Oh, and to the OP: Yes, MaxTow is an option package, just like Rubicon and Mohave are option packages - except you get a sticker I'd probably peel off anyway, LOL. Rubicon rubicon rubicon! :LOL:
Sponsored