First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Ok. I gotta ask. Why is it everyone with a max tow has to say its a max tow in every post?

its an option for a trailer hitch different axles and a 4.10 rear, right? It kinda seems like its the same thing as saying “cold weather package“ or “8.4 Nav”

what am i missing that i cant understand why its important whether or not you have a max tow option???
Sponsored

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Because of the fancy fender extensions!!

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
It's more than that and it makes a difference. Pretty much like getting the Rubicon suspension with more towing capability. Just saying, I'm going to keep on saying it because it was a option I was looking for when I was buying. 4.10 gears compared to 3.73 gears makes about a 3 mpg difference on 35's and about a 4mpg difference on 37's and the wider track axles is just a added bonus. If your being asked about performance it's important to mention it because it will be different than a overland or regular sport.

Last edited:

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Haha, how about how anyone with a diesel thinks they can tow effortlessly on 40" tires while getting 30mpg, or anyone with a Mojave thinks it floats on air and can out perform anything on wheels in rough terrain while traveling at the speed of light?

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
It's more than that and it makes a difference. Pretty much like getting the Rubicon suspension with more towing capability. Just saying, I'm going to keep it saying it because it was a option I was looking for when I was buying. 4.10 gears compared to 3.73 gears makes about a 3 mpg difference on 35's and about a 4mpg difference on 37's and the wider track axles is just a added bonus. If you being asked about performance it's important to mention it because it will different than a overland or regular sport.
i mean. I get “what lift and locker for 35’s on a max tow” but i mean more of the “check out my max tow” that i dont get.

Sponsored

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
Ok. I gotta ask. Why is it everyone with a max tow has to say its a max tow in every post?

its an option for a trailer hitch different axles and a 4.10 rear, right? It kinda seems like its the same thing as saying “cold weather package“ or “8.4 Nav”

what am i missing that i cant understand why its important whether or not you have a max tow option???
But it does make a difference. If you are talking about exceleration or MPG because of different ratio and it has different springs and wider axle which effect ride/handling.

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Haha, how about how anyone with a diesel thinks they can tow effortlessly on 40" tires while getting 30mpg, or anyone with a Mojave thinks it floats on air and can out perform anything on wheels in rough terrain while traveling at the speed of light?
it does float on air. Little known fact, but the fox shocks on the Mojave actually function as repulsor lifts after 45mph.

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
It's as close to having a Rubicon without having paid 60k+. A rubi is a lil more capable due to locking diffs and sway bar disconnect, but to me, that's all the rubi has over the max tow. Trak loc has been great for me so far. So for us max tows, it's like emphasizing rubi. We kno its not, but pretty close in my opinion

OP
OP
KurtP

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
It's as close to having a Rubicon without having paid 60k+. A rubi is a lil more capable due to locking diffs and sway bar disconnect, but to me, that's all the rubi has over the max tow. Trak loc has been great for me so far. So for us max tows, it's like emphasizing rubi. We kno its not, but pretty close in my opinion
ah. Thats what i figured. The little brother syndrome.

kidding. The ”max tow” seems like a good way to go in all honesty. Just didnt understand why everyone with it calls it a max tow like rubi or mojave folks do, but it makes more sense now. especially on the tech threads.

Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I normally add it to a post if it adds details and /or a reason for my answer on a post or to identify a difference between model / package... Brakes, cooling springs, 4:10 gears, ECT.
A example:
Some of us with the "Max-Tow" have been getting better MPG than others, I expected the Overland to get the best MPG but haven't seen much of it being posted here. Why I will list the Aux switch at times it can add details to a answer I'm not "doing it to be snobbish" or a ego thing.
Oh and I wish mine was post Trac-Loc as a standard on Max-Tow.. :crying: I'm a firm supporter of Trac-Loc's I've got 2 other Jeeps with it.

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed3, 1956 F100
Occupation
Engineer
I paid less for my rubicon than most here paid for a sport

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I paid less for my rubicon than most here paid for a sport
Care to share lol, though I'm sure it must've been a special case. Intrigued tho seeing how base price of rubi is at or above a fully loaded sport? Unless u got a sweet discount, or bought used. Leased mine at 43k, but couldve bought at 39k with deals at the time.

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed3, 1956 F100
Occupation
Engineer
Care to share lol, though I'm sure it must've been a special case. Intrigued tho seeing how base price of rubi is at or above a fully loaded sport? Unless u got a sweet discount, or bought used. Leased mine at 43k, but couldve bought at 39k with deals at the time.
Bought mine at 43k. Manual, soft top, 7" radio. Just about base spec for a rubi with only the tow pack and premium soft top as upgrades. And I got it exactly the way I wanted it
Sponsored