First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator eco diesel overland
Occupation
Retired Army
Good stuff jeepers! I looking at buying a 4180lb ember overlander trailer and that tongue weight sent me back to math class. However, I want to share with you all a little test run. So I am 6460 with 37 tires, heavy duty roof top tent ready ARE bed topper, recover gear, winch and bumper as well as 4:56 gears air lockers with trussed front axle, so there’s the weight. Lol wow lot ok, so this last summer I moved river rocks to house about 5 miles, I was only interested in seeing how well stock breaks and power up hill and down hill stopping, (little Michigan hills 950 foot to 700) nothing to much. First trip with 2 tons and it was like noting back there, dump trailer is over 3000lbs, the next trip and I no I am wrong for doing this but I needed to kno, if I could stop. So I did 4tons it actually was couple hundred o er that, because of the bucket loader and yard weight measurements 😅 math…..anyway gentlemen it towed it with ease and no issues stopping, got up to spend ok, and felt ok up hills. I would NOT do that out west mountains!!! i Only tell you this so you will be comfy with the capabilities of the diesel and knowing your vehicle weight helps you know how well your stopping power will be.
Sponsored