First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Well I did it. i had the 3.5 lift put on . I already had BFG ko2 37 x 12.5 onthe stock suspension and it was pretty cool big ol tires stuffed into the wheel wells. But when i was off road the other day and crossing some diagonal eroded ditches on the trail with the sway bar disconnected it rubbbed alot. So that convinced me to follow through. I was just going to use wheel spacers, becasue I liked the wheel a lot especialy after I painted the silver parts to match the rest of the wheel so they are all black. But no one had any spacers so I ended up buying 5 new Method race wheels that were simila, and all black.

Supposedly you can run lower off road tire pressures becasue of some sort of quasi bead lock technology ? Not a bead lock but like a super tight fit? according to the shop owner. I don't know for sure how it works.

The lift is very good. rides just a bit better than stcok haven't really tested it off road yet, and tires stick out just a bit. NO Bro dozer look! Here are some pictures. What does evey one run as tire pressure.? The shop ahd my tires at 44 psi,. I dropped them to 39 and will likley drop them again to 34.
Sponsored

Attachments

DocMcStuffins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Well I did it. i had the 3.5 lift put on . I already had BFG ko2 37 x 12.5 onthe stock suspension and it was pretty cool big ol tires stuffed into the wheel wells. But when i was off road the other day and crossing some diagonal eroded ditches on the trail with the sway bar disconnected it rubbbed alot. So that convinced me to follow through. I was just going to use wheel spacers, becasue I liked the wheel a lot especialy after I painted the silver parts to match the rest of the wheel so they are all black. But no one had any spacers so I ended up buying 5 new Method race wheels that were simila, and all black.

Supposedly you can run lower off road tire pressures becasue of some sort of quasi bead lock technology ? Not a bead lock but like a super tight fit? according to the shop owner. I don't know for sure how it works.

The lift is very good. rides just a bit better than stcok haven't really tested it off road yet, and tires stick out just a bit. NO Bro dozer look! Here are some pictures. What does evey one run as tire pressure.? The shop ahd my tires at 44 psi,. I dropped them to 39 and will likley drop them again to 34.
Looks great!!! I'd like to hear the off-road reviews as well! Still haven't decided on a lift for my Rubi Diesel- but leaning towards 37-40" tires...

rowbarre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 YJ, 2020 JTR
I'm running the MC True Dual 3.5 lift with the Rocksport shocks and the same wheels and tires. It performs great off road, plenty of articulation and rides really smooth. I have a YJ and had a JKU and this thing soaks up the bumps better than anything I've ridden in. The only change I'm planning to make is add the rest of the MC control arms and probably upgrade the shocks when these are worn out.

I run 28 on the street and usually 8-10 off road. I've gone down as low as 5 PSI while out snow wheeling and haven't lost a bead yet. The bead grip stuff seems to work really well.

Jeep Gladiator Metal Cloak  Game Changer 3.5 PXL_20210411_213708524
Jeep Gladiator Metal Cloak  Game Changer 3.5 PXL_20210501_172943514
Jeep Gladiator Metal Cloak  Game Changer 3.5 PXL_20210327_194016077

OP
OP
wanderer

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Cool I was going to cheap
Out and go with wheel spacers. But none were available so I ended up with the method race line wheels with that bead lock technology. The owner of the shop sort of down played it. He just said that those wheels have a cool lip that works really well at low pressures and that they were. Hard to put on.

Sponsored

OP
OP
wanderer

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Now for part 2 of my post turns out that the newer metal cloak springs require a. Spring isolator so they don’t bow. Apparently it is a special part made by metal cloak. But my installer put on spring perches by daystar. Does any one know if these are the same thing or do the same thing?

OP
OP
wanderer

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
So the top 2 photos are the left side and the bottom 2 the right side. They are much straighter but not perfect is that normal. On my jku with an Old man. Emu 3.5 heavy duty. Lift springs were perfectly straight. So I don’t know

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

DocMcStuffins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
So the top 2 photos are the left side and the bottom 2 the right side. They are much straighter but not perfect is that normal. On my jku with an Old man. Emu 3.5 heavy duty. Lift springs were perfectly straight. So I don’t know

Jeep Gladiator Metal Cloak  Game Changer 3.5 image

That's weird, but I've seen several posts of other manufacture's springs bowing out as well?!?!

rowbarre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 YJ, 2020 JTR
I have a small amount of bowing but I'm still using the stock bottom isolators. Is your front track bar adjusted properly so that your axle is centered side to side?
Sponsored