Sponsored

Missing interior Aux switch wiring (solved)

Skyler7381

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite LE
Hello, I am trying to hard wire a dashcam to the 12v battery and 12v ignition wires that are bundled with the aux switch package. However I cannot find the wires and I think they're missing. I have a LE gladiator that came with the aux switch option, the switches are there and so is the wiring under the hood but none under the passenger side dashboard. See attached pictures
Jeep Gladiator Missing interior Aux switch wiring (solved) Screenshot_20201020-165058_Drive
Jeep Gladiator Missing interior Aux switch wiring (solved) 20201020_164735
Sponsored

badglad

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK 2 door Rubicon Billet Silver Hard Rock
You might look higher up in the passenger side fender side under the instrument panel. I found mine secured in a plastic bag. You really have to lay on the floor of the passenger side and look high up.

livewire_3020

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Maintenance Technician
Vehicle Showcase
i could be wrong, but it looks like the taped portion in your picture is thicker right up to the light then gets thinner. they may be in there and taped up and just stop. but this is strictly a guess looking at the wire thickness.

livewire_3020

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Maintenance Technician
Vehicle Showcase
if you check, please let me know either way, just out of curiosity and my own future knowledge.
thanks

OP
OP
Skyler7381

Skyler7381

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You might look higher up in the passenger side fender side under the instrument panel. I found mine secured in a plastic bag. You really have to lay on the floor of the passenger side and look high up.
This is what I see when I lookup into the right side fender dash area. There seems to be a plastic sheet but doesn't want to be removed and doesn't look like a bag, not sure what it is.
Jeep Gladiator Missing interior Aux switch wiring (solved) 20201020_171113

Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I'm looking for a few photos I took of the wiring.. if I can find it I'll add it in. Otherwise left side of transmission tunnel and up under dash the wires should be doubled back on it's self and taped up. If I'm not mistaking it's the one you have a picture of.
Mr _Bill you beat me to it. ;)

OP
OP
Skyler7381

Skyler7381

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I appreciate all the help, I will update yall when I find them

PEI-Gladys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JTR
Occupation
Ed Tech

[/QUOTE]
I had the same issue attempting to locate the wires when I hooked up my dashcam. This pic is of the wires was exactly like mine. They are taped up so tight it's hard to till they are actually under the wrap on the left of the pic in the front. Cheers!

Sponsored

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
i could be wrong, but it looks like the taped portion in your picture is thicker right up to the light then gets thinner. they may be in there and taped up and just stop. but this is strictly a guess looking at the wire thickness.
Mine were wrapped in that bundle he refers to, carefully untape and you will find 4-5 wires.

" i could be wrong, but it looks like the taped portion in your picture is thicker right up to the light then gets thinner. they may be in there and taped up and just stop.??

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.
Hello, I am trying to hard wire a dashcam to the 12v battery and 12v ignition wires that are bundled with the aux switch package. However I cannot find the wires and I think they're missing. I have a LE gladiator that came with the aux switch option, the switches are there and so is the wiring under the hood but none under the passenger side dashboard. See attached pictures
What is the benefit, result of hardwiring the camera?

OP
OP
Skyler7381

Skyler7381

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For my dashcam it has a 2 benefits, 1st it means someone can't just unplug it and 2nd it allows the camera to run when the car is off or parked and it allows it to monitor the battery level so it can shut itself off before the battery gets too low.

PEI-Gladys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JTR
Occupation
Ed Tech
Since I have both front and reiw facing dashcam, it keeps all the wiring out of sight and looking much more professional. It also allows constant power to the dashcams to monitor for movement around my JTR, also detect any impacts and records both of those incidents. I don't worry about draining the battery as it will also monitors the battery and shut itsefl off, if required.

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.
Since I have both front and reiw facing dashcam, it keeps all the wiring out of sight and looking much more professional. It also allows constant power to the dashcams to monitor for movement around my JTR, also detect any impacts and records both of those incidents. I don't worry about draining the battery as it will also monitors the battery and shut itsefl off, if required.
So it basically allows for 24 hour monitoring? Very interesting...I’ll keep that in mind.
Sponsored