Mods: Regrets and Required

Forum Crawler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Working for the man every night and day
What issues did you have? One of my front lca skids was bent inwards and wouldn't go over the bracket, so I had to use a bolt and two nuts to spread it out.
The holes were drilled wrong so nothing lined up.
Sponsored

Shift Happens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mojave
Occupation
IT
What dash cam set up do you have? I have been starting to look into it for mine and wife's car.
I went with an Azdome M550 4k
It has the front facing camera, an interior camera and a third camera for mounting on a back windshield or similar. The third camera I got is waterproof and I had intended on installing it around the rear license plate but I haven't needed it. The interior camera gets enough of the back window to see well enough.
The hardwire kit for it sucks bad though. Super thin wire, causes weird power issues at the camera.
If I had to do it again I would have got a Viofo 129 Pro Duo 4k or A229 and then mounted the rear camera on the speaker bar(probably wouldn't be as good of a view though). I've used Viofo on all my other vehicles and friends/family's, and they've never ever given me problems, and their hardwire kit is solid(prolly could use it for the Azdome M550...never thought to look).

HooliganActual

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired

sward343

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Chevelle
Regrets: FAD delete on a daily driver.
I went with the RCV shafts and now getting 12-13 mpg (with 4:88's & 37's) on the highway. I now have a slight driveline vibration (running an Adam's front driveshaft) at 40-50 mph and anything over 70. If I had done my homework, I would have either went with a smaller lift (currently on a 3.5" MetalCloak, or left the FAD.

20231220_150958 (002)Sm.jpg
Why would you have gone with the smaller lift? I’m thinking about doing the 3.5 Metalcloak.

Billyj7175

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Oilfield Trash
Why would you have gone with the smaller lift? I’m thinking about doing the 3.5 Metalcloak.
First off, I got a lot more than 3.5" of lift out of it. The RidgeGrappler's in the 37" size, only measure 35-3/4", the stock tires measured 32.5", so I gained 1-5/8" of lift just from the tires. Add 3.5" to that comes out to 5-1/4" overall lift. However, by measuring from the driver's door sill, I"m almost 7" higher than stock. The shop I had the lift put on, swears those are the correct springs. I found a discussion on an online forum (I forget which one), but basically on the JL/JT, anything over 2" of lift can cause a slight vibration in the front end. IIRC, Jeep changed the angle of the transfercase, so they changed the relationship between the caster angle and the pinion angle on the JL/JT. I guess the 392 guys are noticing it the most as they are full time 4wd? Adam's driveline even has that disclaimer.
The flex is amazing, for a short arm kit though. If I really trailed it a lot, it might be worth it, but honestly as a 56 yr old with arthritis in my knees, and living in an area with a lot of high winds (Oklahoma), driving it daily can be a pain (literally). Furthermore, and this is only an aesthetic issue, the wheel wells really swallows the smallish 37's. In my opinion, it would look a lot better on 38's.

Jeep Gladiator Mods: Regrets and Required 1000012021Sm
Sponsored