Mods: Regrets and Required

ducatijosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Hey, very nice build. Question for you. The rear fender chop, do you have a pic? I'm curious what the bed right behind the rear flare looks like....on the bottom. Thanks!
Yeah I’m going to find some sort of cover or cut off the extra eventually.

IMG_3517.png
Sponsored

Stan H

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon 2021
Occupation
Safety Consultant
So, I'm new to Jeeps as a whole. Back when i couldn't afford anything I just wheeled old used Toyotas and built em out of FB marketplace second hand parts. Now I got a brand new jeep. Its a blast to wheel and is mind blowing what it can do stock. But as we all know, nothing is stock forever. With that as the theme, What was a mod you utterly regret doing and what was one that you will always do everytime you get a new rig?
Going with a stubby bumper.. lol I may not be able to get it inspected found out it may be illegal in my state not to have a bumper in front of the wheels 😅 😬
Other regret but I am gonna fix is my front spring perches should have been replaced instead of reusing the factory spring axle perches. I think I got a slight bow in the drivers side spring and looking at it I can see that perch seems to be crushed part way.
If you get a lift kit get new spring perches.
Also I went with 35x12.50x17's and didn't upgrade my mudflaps .. been doing alot of car washing 😂

Brucewillys

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep gladiator willys
Occupation
Merchandising
Yeah I’m going to find some sort of cover or cut off the extra eventually.

Jeep Gladiator Mods: Regrets and Required IMG_3517
Thank you, I'm a little relieved to be honest. It doesn't look nearly as bad as I was imagining. But I may just get the old grinder out. Thanks again!

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
Must-have mods (in no particular order):
-Headliner for noise & insulation. I went with Hot Heads, but others (Incl. OEM) are available.
-Some sort of steps for the short wife. I've got the nFab nerf steps. I like the look, but I've already had to replace them once due to corrosion.
-Better lighting. The stock halogens are pathetic.
-Power window control module that allows full one-touch up & down of all windows.
-Spray-in bed liner & tonneau cover.
-hood struts to eliminate the stupid prop rod.
-and the passive entry mod., if you didn't get it from the factory.

About the only thing I wouldn't do again is the Mopar, "Performance," wiper mod. that puts the washers in the wiper blades. When it works, it's great. But the feed hoses only last a short while, then they break, and you have a mess. I'm still working on a viable solution to routing the hoses.

Kevin

Billyj7175

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Oilfield Trash
Regrets: FAD delete on a daily driver.
I went with the RCV shafts and now getting 12-13 mpg (with 4:88's & 37's) on the highway. I now have a slight driveline vibration (running an Adam's front driveshaft) at 40-50 mph and anything over 70. If I had done my homework, I would have either went with a smaller lift (currently on a 3.5" MetalCloak, or left the FAD.

Jeep Gladiator Mods: Regrets and Required 20231220_150958 (002)Sm

Last edited:

Sponsored

cranbiz

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2017 WK2 Trailhawk, 2012 JK
Occupation
IT Analyst, Volunteer Firefighter
So, does anyone have a link to the window closer module or another source for it? 3W appears to not make it anymore. All I could find on the website was one for a Toyota.

Boostnu

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep gladiator
Occupation
Machinist
Must haves for me sunrider. Love the thing during the summer. Lockers, rubicon transfer case swap.

Must have for the wife Rse step sliders. They helped her out a lot getting in and out.

Regrets should have just got a rubicon to begin with. Swapping axles and transfer case was alot of work but I ended up with built axles and the 4.1 case.

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff

cranbiz

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2017 WK2 Trailhawk, 2012 JK
Occupation
IT Analyst, Volunteer Firefighter

Shift Happens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mojave
Occupation
IT
Required:
Dash Cam
Saved me twice. Once when someone spun out of control on icy roads when they had bald tires, came into my lane and hit me head on. Later they claimed they weren't at fault since it was a head on collision and I obviously would have had some of the blame. My insurance company was all set to make me pay. I sent them the dash cam footage and my insurance was all over it. Judging from the excited tone of his voice, I'm pretty sure the guy got an erection when he heard I had the crash on camera. Made them pay out for my then totaled car.
Second time was just a minor hit. Someone rear ended me while they were on their phone. I was in my old truck it barely did any damage but their little sedan was all busted up. When the persons mom got there she started talking....asking me if I stopped short etc. I just told them what happened and let them know I have dash cam footage and I didn't want to make a big deal about it since there was no damage to my truck. She looked at the truck, saw the cam, changed tune real quick.

Sponsored

Gizmo

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Hydro Blue Sport S MT. 99 TJ
Occupation
Retired Operating Engineer Local 825
Teraflex rear control arm Geometry correction bracket ( regret) . I didn't like the change in how it rode so they are sitting on my work bench . Free to any one who wants to pick them up in south jersey . Not shipping. Also a regret and I should of known better but I figured for the street a adj Rough Country front track bar would be ok just to recenter the front axle . Driving it had the same feeling people describe that feel their steering box needs adjustment . You feel like you are playing catch up with the steering from day one. At about 800 miles it became another conversation piece . A Core4x4 crawl series Front track bar with JJ's on each end corrected that feeling and steering is now perfect again . I should of known Rough Country is still Rough Country no matter what opinions are. MOPAR extended lower front control arms. Not really a regret but should of went Geo brackets initially . I now have two sets of the control arms standing in the garage from my JT and Daughter's JL . I should of went with the Rancho Geo Brackets from the get go , no comparison driving. They can be had cheap also in south Jersey . Another regret is the Four Red Rubicon shocks I bought from Fortec that are about as good as driving with almost no shocks . Again these are free to any one who wants to pick them up before I trash them . Live and learn

friskeljr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Air Force
Required:
Dash Cam
Saved me twice. Once when someone spun out of control on icy roads when they had bald tires, came into my lane and hit me head on. Later they claimed they weren't at fault since it was a head on collision and I obviously would have had some of the blame. My insurance company was all set to make me pay. I sent them the dash cam footage and my insurance was all over it. Judging from the excited tone of his voice, I'm pretty sure the guy got an erection when he heard I had the crash on camera. Made them pay out for my then totaled car.
Second time was just a minor hit. Someone rear ended me while they were on their phone. I was in my old truck it barely did any damage but their little sedan was all busted up. When the persons mom got there she started talking....asking me if I stopped short etc. I just told them what happened and let them know I have dash cam footage and I didn't want to make a big deal about it since there was no damage to my truck. She looked at the truck, saw the cam, changed tune real quick.
What dash cam set up do you have? I have been starting to look into it for mine and wife's car.

Forum Crawler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Working for the man every night and day
Do’s

White Knuckle sliders
AluCab contour canopy
Goose Gear 40% seat delete
Clayton 3.5 overland plus
Falcon 3.3’s
Metal Cloak steering and track bars
Adams driveshafts

Dont’s

Icon suspension/shocks. Decent articulation. Disappointing NVH, rode like shit.
Timbren front bump stops. Too much coil rub.
Rock Hard 4x4 control arm skids. Didn’t fit right without major pain in the arse.

ryanlsmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Rock Hard 4x4 control arm skids. Didn’t fit right without major pain in the arse.
What issues did you have? One of my front lca skids was bent inwards and wouldn't go over the bracket, so I had to use a bolt and two nuts to spread it out.

CyberHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
So, I'm new to Jeeps as a whole. Back when i couldn't afford anything I just wheeled old used Toyotas and built em out of FB marketplace second hand parts. Now I got a brand new jeep. Its a blast to wheel and is mind blowing what it can do stock. But as we all know, nothing is stock forever. With that as the theme, What was a mod you utterly regret doing and what was one that you will always do everytime you get a new rig?
Welcome and congrats! Pumped you were able to buy one! Stay safe!
Sponsored