Sponsored

Mojave coils on a Sport S

jpfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Sport S
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/mojave-front-coils-on-a-rubicon.32823/#post-541079

This is replacing the front coils only. This is expanding on the above thread by @JeepXJ3 He stated he got 1/2” of lift with these coils on his rubicon with a steel bumper and winch. He wanted more lift, so I bought these from him.

I put these coils on my Sport S with Max Tow. The truck was running on stock coils with 1.5” Teraflex leveling kit on the front and a Daystar 3/4” spacer in the rear. After getting a steel bumper and steel cable winch the front end sagged about 1/2” so I wanted to level it back out.

With that being said, nothing was changed other than the coils. The spacers were left in place. Before the swap I had 22” from the center of the wheel to the lip of the fender flare in the front and 23” in the rear. After the swap I had 22.5” in the front and the rear remains the same at 23”. All measurements taken on a a flat level surface, in the same spot.

I’m assuming this may settle a little since they are brand new coils. However, I think if you are to put these on a stock Sport, you would see 1” to 1.25” of lift on the front with the plastic bumper.

Overall I’m pretty happy with it. No difference in ride that I can tell right now but my shocks will need upgraded in the near future as they are my limiting factor. Happy that I was able to retain some rake for hauling stuff around.

87FD180F-90BC-4700-98C9-644A6B4373B2.jpeg

EFB93BFE-EE4F-4E03-963B-25016F9378D5.jpeg

DE4465D1-39D0-4146-87B5-E5EB8BAF4DC3.jpeg
Sponsored

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
I was just wondering when Mojave take offs would become available. Snag them and put them on a Sport. I'd assume the shocks and coils would be a direct swap...right?

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I was just wondering when Mojave take offs would become available. Snag them and put them on a Sport. I'd assume the shocks and coils would be a direct swap...right?
From what I can see, mounting the Mojave springs is gonna be a bit tricky because of the extra reservoir which appear to mount up in the bumper space. I'll be curious to see people getting them and trying them though... I was looking at the Teraflex piggyback stuff as a possible alternative.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
I am digging my Rubicon take offs at the moment. Though I have to keep letting air out. These hot days. I was up to 37 PSI again.

From what I can see, mounting the Mojave springs is gonna be a bit tricky because of the extra reservoir which appear to mount up in the bumper space. I'll be curious to see people getting them and trying them though... I was looking at the Teraflex piggyback stuff as a possible alternative.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I am digging my Rubicon take offs at the moment. Though I have to keep letting air out. These hot days. I was up to 37 PSI again.
Yah, I was down to 34 in may... sitting at 36 when I looked last night.

It'll be interesting to see how much different my stock Max Tow will feel vs my modified Wrangler JKU feels.

Sponsored

Mr.Gladiator

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Rotary Wing Aviator
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/mojave-front-coils-on-a-rubicon.32823/#post-541079

This is replacing the front coils only. This is expanding on the above thread by @JeepXJ3 He stated he got 1/2” of lift with these coils on his rubicon with a steel bumper and winch. He wanted more lift, so I bought these from him.

I put these coils on my Sport S with Max Tow. The truck was running on stock coils with 1.5” Teraflex leveling kit on the front and a Daystar 3/4” spacer in the rear. After getting a steel bumper and steel cable winch the front end sagged about 1/2” so I wanted to level it back out.

With that being said, nothing was changed other than the coils. The spacers were left in place. Before the swap I had 22” from the center of the wheel to the lip of the fender flare in the front and 23” in the rear. After the swap I had 22.5” in the front and the rear remains the same at 23”. All measurements taken on a a flat level surface, in the same spot.

I’m assuming this may settle a little since they are brand new coils. However, I think if you are to put these on a stock Sport, you would see 1” to 1.25” of lift on the front with the plastic bumper.

Overall I’m pretty happy with it. No difference in ride that I can tell right now but my shocks will need upgraded in the near future as they are my limiting factor. Happy that I was able to retain some rake for hauling stuff around.

Jeep Gladiator Mojave coils on a Sport S DE4465D1-39D0-4146-87B5-E5EB8BAF4DC3

Awesome, was glad to come across this so I could see the result of swapping the coils. Just to verify you swapped both front and rear? Thanks!

OP
OP
jpfreak

jpfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Sport S
Awesome, was glad to come across this so I could see the result of swapping the coils. Just to verify you swapped both front and rear? Thanks!
I only did the fronts. I left my max tow stock springs in the rear and added a daystar 3/4” spacer to them.

I’m still running this setup and it’s been great
Sponsored