Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator (Mojave)
Occupation
retired from IT business
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the clarification as I have been considering katzkin leather myself. Did you start out with cloth seats in your Mojave?
Yes...I had cloth seats to start with...That's actually a very important distinction when purchasing new Katzkin or any seat covers. The back seat leather and cloth seat configurations are actually different...
Sponsored

Maggyver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Thanks for the clarification as I have been considering katzkin leather myself. Did you start out with cloth seats in your Mojave?
FWIW I used to work for an expediter in college, we used Katzkin. The leather was very high quality and pretty easy to install. The headrests were usually the hardest part.

sandifer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator (Mojave)
Occupation
retired from IT business
Vehicle Showcase
What did that set you back price wise?
I got truly luck on the price of seats and labor. I purchased from a Katzkin dealer who has a store on ebay. One day they were around $600 but I waited a few days before deciding to pull the trigger and they had gone up to $1200. I emailed the seller and he said Katzkin doesn't allow them to "advertise" a discounted price anymore. Kinda like Apple or Harley....I emailed him and he honored the old price. (Hint) It could pay to email ebay Katzkin dealers and ask for a discount!
I used the Katzkin site to find an installer. A local installer quoted me $1800 labor...WTF right!! I called another Katzkin authorized dealer an hour away and he quoted $600...Needless to say I drove the hour... So I'm all in parts/labor at around $1200 .....It can pay to shop around.....

Last edited:

Sponsored

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
@yoda13 i didn’t measure but it isn’t noticeable at all.
That’s good to know. I’m about to add the genright aluminum stubby and a winch to mine, once the bumper is done at powder coat. I think I will be a little lighter than your set up, so hopefully, I don’t notice it either:)👍

unsocbl

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys Eco-diesel
Did you search long for a 6-speed? Was this during the chip shortage?
Maybe 2 weeks...had a Car Gurus search saved and would run it daily. Had a couple come up before this one, but both were gone before I could get up there.

Fawkes

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Building engineer
Chip shortage is crazy. Been looking to trade in my sport for a Nacho Mojave with a 6-speed. one dealer said i needed to order it. Tow other closest dealers said they arent doing dealer swaps right now and they couldnt help. Crazy times. Guess ill just have to regear and add lockers to my sport. Sigh. Need to look into skid plates for the under belly. Plan on going to Holy cross next year. Need to get ready.

Alligatorgun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chip shortage is crazy. Been looking to trade in my sport for a Nacho Mojave with a 6-speed. one dealer said i needed to order it. Tow other closest dealers said they arent doing dealer swaps right now and they couldnt help. Crazy times. Guess ill just have to regear and add lockers to my sport. Sigh. Need to look into skid plates for the under belly. Plan on going to Holy cross next year. Need to get ready.
Why not order? I ordered my Mojave on 6-10, had a VIN on 6-14, dealer said it is scheduled to be completed and ship on 6-21!!

Got exactly what I wanted, a great discount and it will be here in no time…
(part of what I wanted was a 6 speed)

Sponsored

Fawkes

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Building engineer
Why not order? I ordered my Mojave on 6-10, had a VIN on 6-14, dealer said it is scheduled to be completed and ship on 6-21!!

Got exactly what I wanted, a great discount and it will be here in no time…
(part of what I wanted was a 6 speed)
I did speak with him about that. I have not done that before so a little nervous. Ill swing back by

Alligatorgun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did speak with him about that. I have not done that before so a little nervous. Ill swing back by
easy peasy. Last 4 vehicles were special ordered.
About the only way for a dealer to get something built with all the shortages. Attach your name to it!

PancakeCritter

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3
Occupation
Engineer
easy peasy. Last 4 vehicles were special ordered.
About the only way for a dealer to get something built with all the shortages. Attach your name to it!
I was informed by Jeep Chat that the Gladiator plant has not been impacted by any shortages. My order was on a train in 3 weeks flat.

SloW8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
I talked to a guy over the weekend that has a Gladiator Rubicon Diesel on order. It has been sitting at the plant for two months waiting on something impacted by a chip shortage. ???

JDMRN81

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Nurse Practitioner
Ordering is the only way to go in my opinion. You usually can get a better price and get exactly what you want. It’s hard to find something on a lot that doesn’t have things you don’t want. My dealer had 6 on his lot and was trying to sell one of them. None of them came close to what I wanted and some had things I didn’t want to pay thousands for (upgraded wheels, leather, etc).
Sponsored