Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired USCG
Fenders 37''s no lift.
20210202_121358.jpg

I am adding the RK 3" lift setup with Iron Rock Offroad 2" shock spacers after speaking with Jeremy at RK at length about my setup.
It's all being powdercoated right now and will be installed next week. It will clear 40s with my fenders.
rk advent pro.jpg

https://rockkrawler.com/jt-3-0-inch-adventure-pro-system/
Looking forward to seeing how much lift it gives you. Can you do before and after measurements?
Sponsored

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I have a quick question…I am looking at different bumpers now that the genright didn’t work for me, most are heavier…is it as easy to add a spacer puck to compensate for any droop I get in front on the Mojave, as is is on the regular JT, or was on my LJ or JK? For some reason I am worried if the hydraulic bump stop making it marker to do this. Can someone enlighten me?

rpres62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
I had an AEV 2.5-inch lift (and their geo correction brackets) with Method Wheels/35 KO2s on my '17 Rubi that I traded in to buy my Mojave last week...

3sJd9qlh.jpg

While I'm typically NOT a fan of spacer kits, in the case of the Mojave it's exactly what I'm looking for. The Mojave's suspension was the main reason why I bought it, as the Gladiator wasn't even on my radar until it came out. I live desert-front in SW AZ and while my Rubi got me around just fine, with the the type of terrain and driving I was doing it did it so REALLY slowly...the wash road that's less than 50m from my back yard has whoops that are a foot-plus and anything faster than 20 MPH and the Rubi would be pogo-sticking and bucking like nobody's business, which, is completely what I would suspect to begin with; that's not what it was built for.

The trails I ride are NOT conducive to owning a Raptor/TRX either as their typically Jeep sized and while some of the riding I do is wide open it wasn't worth the trade off for me to not being able to ride on the tighter/narrow trails anymore.

With just a few days of ownership and nearly 300 miles of high speed desert riding under my belt, the Mojave absolutely lives up to my expectations and exceeds some of them. Where my Rubi had previously motored through at 20-25 MPH the Mojave does so at 35-40, sometimes 45 MPH. It's not just the speed either; the dampening is SO much better and dare I say, "plush", a word I LOATHE to use to begin with, never mind to describe the suspension of any off-road vehicle.

I can't imagine wanting to change the shocks/springs which are giving me the ride I'm thoroughly enjoying which is why the AEV spacer kit with their geo brackets suit me perfectly. If I need an adjustable track bar and/or lower control arms to keep the alignment where it needs to be to ride as it does now, that's fine with me. Add Apex sway-bar links I'll and a set of wheels/35 KO2s and that'll do it for me, YMMV...
Aev parts, method wheels and 35’ tires = solid setup, nice job

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2020 JLUR, S5
That's a great question. I didn't measure anything before I installed the MetalCloak 3.5" GameChanger lift. What I do have is a sequence of before and after photos, plus some clearance measurements after everything was installed. Most of that's in my build thread.

I would like to find someone with an unmodified JT Mojave who could provide all the stock measurements. Otherwise I'll have to go visit a Jeep dealership with a tape measure to do that myself.

When new in its stock configuration... a sea of black

JT-Mojave-2020-Stock.jpeg

After installing 37x12.5x17 Nitto Trail Grappler tires on Hutchinson Rock Monster, 17x8.5x5x5 wheels in Anthracite. Not lifted yet here...

JT-Mojave-2020-TiresWheels.jpeg

After installing the MetalCloak 3.5" GameChanger lift in addition to a few other goodies up front. It sits level, though it looks taller in the front from this angle.

JT-Mojave-2020-TiresWheelsLift.jpeg
Jeep Gladiator Mojave Lift Options 8605FC4F-637B-40BB-B62D-27232AF15B71

The front on a stock Mojave sits at 39”and 3/4 from the ground to the front fender crease on the black plastic texture part of the fender
Jeep Gladiator Mojave Lift Options 93420F19-29DE-4E02-94C3-801B9FEDB74E

The rear sits at 40” and 1/4 at the crease from the ground.
If you need any more measurements let me know.

Can you measure from the upper and lower point where the shock mounts to the shock extensions in the front?
I’m curious once lifted how much it moved from the original ride zone position if at all.

PeterGriffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
(re)tired...!
AEV parts, method wheels and 35’ tires = solid setup, nice job
...and that's why I'm going with a similar setup for my Mojave, not gonna mess with success!

Sponsored

Clv22p

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
AEV spacer with geo brackets on 35s here. It’s perfect for my usage.

AEV should drop the procal and add the geo brackets to their lift. It makes a massive difference. I went without the geo brackets for a few months and they made the truck drive better than stock after the lift.

PeterGriffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
(re)tired...!
AEV spacer with geo brackets on 35s here. It’s perfect for my usage.

AEV should drop the procal and add the geo brackets to their lift. It makes a massive difference. I went without the geo brackets for a few months and they made the truck drive better than stock after the lift.
That's exactly what I stated my plan was previously, I thought the 2-inch AEV spacer kit with their geometry brackets would be perfect for my use, didn't know if I was going to need adjustable LCAs and/or trackbar to get it dialed in perfectly...

Agreed on the ProCal! Jacks up the price of the kit quite a bit for an antiquated piece of equipment most people aren't going to bother using because they already have another application to take care of gearing/tires/etc.

rpres62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave

downtroddengoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave; 2013 Outback
Occupation
Doing Goat things.
Hi -- I have been digging through threads and haven't quite found the answer to my question on this topic. I am looking at a Mojave with a dealer installed 2 inch Mopar lift . I am going to go look at it -- but have been told that the Mopar Lift didn't remove 2.5-inch internal bypass shocks and that it did, but the shocks were "upgraded" versions of what came stock on the Mojave.

Any of the Mopar kits that I found did not have the orange on them like the picture below and were not bypass shocks.

Jeep Gladiator Mojave Lift Options Cropped

This is from a Gladiator press photo and looks almost identical at this viewpoint.

Jeep Gladiator Mojave Lift Options Gladiator-Mojave-FOX cro

Can anyone give me any insight into what is going on here? Don't want to take a day off for nothing...

Thanks!

sandifer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator (Mojave)
Occupation
retired from IT business
Vehicle Showcase
Hi -- I have been digging through threads and haven't quite found the answer to my question on this topic. I am looking at a Mojave with a dealer installed 2 inch Mopar lift . I am going to go look at it -- but have been told that the Mopar Lift didn't remove 2.5-inch internal bypass shocks and that it did, but the shocks were "upgraded" versions of what came stock on the Mojave.

Any of the Mopar kits that I found did not have the orange on them like the picture below and were not bypass shocks.

Cropped.jpg

This is from a Gladiator press photo and looks almost identical at this viewpoint.

Gladiator-Mojave-FOX crop.jpg

Can anyone give me any insight into what is going on here? Don't want to take a day off for nothing...

Thanks!
As far as I know there are no "Mopar kits/shocks" that will work with the Mojave. The existing Mopar kit doesn't have bypass shock and they don't even fit the Mojave. If the dealer installed the Mopar lift they would have needed to used shock extensions and discarded the Fox shock that come with the Mopar lift kit. Also, not sure what they would do about the hydrolic bumpstops that come on the Mojave...I honestly believe that the dealer either used the AEV 2" lift kit or there is a miscommunication somewhere....PLease let us know if I'm wrong and there is a Mopar lift option for the Mojave??

Last edited:

Sponsored

Clv22p

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
There is no mopar Mojave lift. Post the link to the dealer page and we can look and tell you real quick what they did.

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2020 JLUR, S5
Could be just an uniformed salesman trying to sell you a stock Mojave as a “lifted” mojave. These guys are mostly usually morons and actually know very little about the products they sale.

If they actually installed a Mopar 2” lift on the Mojave, I’d like to see it, and I’d like to know what they did with the stock suspension. Please post a link or some pics so you can get the correct info without speculation

UIN2IT

First Name
DK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave JT
After talking with my shop here in Atlanta we decided to go with the Rusty’s 2” gladiator basic lift with their Mojave shock extensions. The kit comes with dual rate springs front and back, front lower control arms, front and rear track bars, track bar frame mount brace, front and rear extended sway bar end links, and lower front coil spring isolators. I have never used their products before but my shop seems to really like them and the owner uses them on his personal Jeep’s. Lift and re-gear to 4.88 get installed in two weeks I will update with photos and impressions.
Any update on your lift? Pics?

downtroddengoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave; 2013 Outback
Occupation
Doing Goat things.
Thanks for the help guys. There was nothing on the dealer page about the lift -- or anywhere else on their site. I ended up having the sales person check and ensure that the fox suspension parts and springs were still stock, fully functional and nothing to negate the full warranty before i made the drive. Confirmed everything is there and functional... other customers were looking at me as if i was crazy... lol

Instead of pin striping for 500 dollars and fake protectant, they upgrade the rims and tires and such -- and put lifts on their new Jeeps. LOL They had multiples of almost every color for 21 in various trims, even a Nacho. Not exactly down to the last item the way i wanted it spec'ed out but most of the way there on a number of them.

So I now have a Mojave sitting in the driveway. LOL Now on to the next project.

Mcbaumann

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Mojave
The main difference in flex will be the swaybar disconnect. Other than that, they are very similar. That is an easy fix with quick disconnects.

Agree that it will be a compromise to change anything on the suspension I just want to maximize what is there. I am thinking of doing the inner fender delete and running 37s with no other suspension mods.

37s are the sweet spot on these rigs. Throw in some 4.88 gears and ride.
Go with a 5:13 gear.
Sponsored