Mojave Lift Options

ckage83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ram 2500
Occupation
Radiology
Finally got the AEV lift installed. Also did their geometry brackets and Teraflex track bars.

Tires are Maxxis Razr AT, 37x12.50r17 on KMC Dirty Harry wheels 17x8.5.

76B84D99-D123-4098-841E-35039EF5BF69.jpeg

62D63F04-2F2C-480F-8109-2EA9EF139F14.jpeg

2EF6F06C-3B86-4BBE-8B00-FE4CA1A337C4.jpeg
This setup looks amazing. How's the on-road driving with it?
Sponsored

OP
OP
SloW8

SloW8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
This setup looks amazing. How's the on-road driving with it?
Really good. The brackets are adjustable as far as caster and I have them on the minimal setting. It drives like stock as far as manners. Obviously there is a difference because of the weight and size of the tires but I am super impressed as far as handling, tracking, damping big bumps etc. We towed our trailer 3.5 hours and it did just fine over mountain passes and windy highways.

Crawled under the Jeep today and checked torque specs on everything and all was well. So far I am really happy.

Usbuilt

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired
I have been reading through this thread and realized that my front end seems to hit the hydraulic stops easier since I changed bumper and added a winch. Obviously the added weight compressed the suspension. I have also changed tire size so I can't compare distance from the ground as was posted earlier in the thread. Does anybody have a measurement of the distance between the bump stop and the axle? I am seeing just over two inches.

mnf1fan

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Challenger Hellcat. 17' Grand Cherokee SRT, 2021 Mojave,Loaded.
I have been reading through this thread and realized that my front end seems to hit the hydraulic stops easier since I changed bumper and added a winch. Obviously the added weight compressed the suspension. I have also changed tire size so I can't compare distance from the ground as was posted earlier in the thread. Does anybody have a measurement of the distance between the bump stop and the axle? I am seeing just over two inches.
stock suspension........I got like 3.25"

Usbuilt

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired
That would explain the problem. I may put 1" spacers up front to bring back to factory level. Thanks!

Sponsored

roth_nj

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
That would explain the problem. I may put 1" spacers up front to bring back to factory level. Thanks!
new to jeeps. I have a Mojave too… going to out air bags in the rear so I can toss the quad in the back when I want to instead of trailering it… would air bags up front work too?

Usbuilt

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired
new to jeeps. I have a Mojave too… going to out air bags in the rear so I can toss the quad in the back when I want to instead of trailering it… would air bags up front work too?
I do not know. Hopefully someone with more experience will answer.

OP
OP
SloW8

SloW8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
I have not seen them on the front, there is probably a reason for that. A simple spacer kit will move your static height. Some lift springs in front would help as well.

clickb8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
To everyone that has installed this kit: did you put 2 or 3 spacers for the driveshaft pillow block? I was looking over the directions before starting and they say 2, but I received 3 spacers.

13. Remove driveshaft pillow block from frame. Install two (2) provided spacers with supplied bolts. This will help improve driveline angle and prevent vibration (fig. 10).

OP
OP
SloW8

SloW8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
To everyone that has installed this kit: did you put 2 or 3 spacers for the driveshaft pillow block? I was looking over the directions before starting and they say 2, but I received 3 spacers.

13. Remove driveshaft pillow block from frame. Install two (2) provided spacers with supplied bolts. This will help improve driveline angle and prevent vibration (fig. 10).
I did all three. I think the non Mojave kit only uses two. Someone called AEV and they said to use three with the Mojave.

Sponsored

hightide

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave, LBZ Duramax
Is a 3/4" spacer acceptable up front without shock extensions?

MojaveLawyer

First Name
Seg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Law/Public Safety & Veteran
I recommend looking at the MetalCloak 3.5" GameChanger Suspension lift for the Mojave. This is the lift I just finished installing on my Gladiator Mojave last weekend. You can see the build on my DirtGadgets twitter account. There aren't great instructions, but if you're comfortable working under a vehicle and have some basic tools you can do it yourself.

I also mounted Nitto 37x12.5x17 rubber on some 17x9 Hutchinson Rock Monster wheels before the lift. Those larger wheels fit fine without any rubbing on the Mojave. I drove it for a couple weeks on the highway and city streets of Omaha, NE.

As an aside, ignore all the people chiming in saying that the Mojave was designed for a specific purpose and you should leave it alone. That's a ridiculous, trollish thing to spew. Jeeps are designed to be modified. The Mojave is no exception. It's your Jeep. Modifying it is part of the culture. While there aren't a lot of options to lift the Mojave, the MetalCloak lift kit worked out really well. I love it.

Gladiator-Mojave-00001.jpeg

Gladiator-Mojave-00002.jpeg

Gladiator-Mojave-00003.jpeg

Gladiator-Mojave-00004.jpeg

Gladiator-Mojave-00005.jpeg

Gladiator-Mojave-00006.jpeg

Gladiator-Mojave-00007.jpeg

Gladiator-Mojave-00008.jpeg

Gladiator-Mojave-00009.jpeg

Gladiator-Mojave-00010.jpeg

Gladiator-Mojave-00011.jpeg

Gladiator-Mojave-00012.jpeg

Gladiator-Mojave-00013.jpeg

Gladiator-Mojave-00014.jpeg
With this particular lift, did you have to put in a new driveshaft or replace it?

MojaveLawyer

First Name
Seg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Law/Public Safety & Veteran

Mojave_Jim

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave

Sting-G Mojave

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave - Sting Gray
Occupation
Boss
Here's a video walk around of my build...

Build Specs | Build Thread
  • 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
  • 37 x 12.5 x 17 Nitto Trail Grappler Tires
  • 17 x 9 x 5x5 Hutchinson Rock Monster Wheels
  • MetalCloak 3.5" GameChanger Suspension Lift for Mojave
  • MetalCloak RockSport Steering System, Rubicon Edition
  • MetalCloak FAD Skid Plate
Is this the "Stock Shock" package? Also did you get a new front driveshaft as an added option?
Sponsored